It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "glyphs" instead of numbers on hospital patient elevator

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I never said anything about this before but about 12-14 years ago I went to the hospital due to what seemed like un-ending anxiety for over 3 days - no sleep and what seemed like constant racing thoughts, which were erratic and not like my normal thought pattern, no sleep and no eating for the whole time. When I got to the hospital I was put in an observation room, basically a small "cell", concrete block walls, thick heavy steel door w/ thin vertical window, 2 padded comfortable chairs and a table with magazines, and a camera in the upper corner. When I went into the room and the door was closed, everything seemed to quiet down, a lot. I still had my thoughts, but it was like a "feed" was cut off and I thought maybe the room acted like a Faraday cage of some kind, or at least dampened anything external if that was the source. My only racing thoughts at that point was why did going into this room make things quiet down so drastically and so quickly like flipping a switch.

So after talking to a intake doc, they moved me to a room with a bed right next door, it was basically the same room, just with a bed. I fell asleep within a few minutes (totally not normal for me, I usually take forever to fall asleep at that point of life) for about 4-5 hours. They woke me up to take me to my room and I had to go on the elevator to get there.

I was with a nurse or attendant (think it was a nurse) and we went to the elevator and I looked at the numbers that were on the wall panel and none of them were standard numbers 1-9, L, B, etc. The display and the buttons were in "glyphs" much like Egyptian or maybe like runes. They seemed a lot like things I had seen on Stargate. I remember looking at the display and I know my eyes got kind of wide as if I was startled and the nurse looked at me right after the lift started moving as if to see my reaction to the display. I didn't say anything and just looked at the door as if I hadn't seen the display and was just thinking to myself "WTF is going on here!!?" Because I had anxiety issues and racing thoughts, I was put in the psychological dept/wing/floor so I thought maybe that had something to do with the numbers, but IDK why they would do that.

So, I've never seen anything like this before or since but I've never been in a hospital patient elevator before. I later thought maybe they had those glyphs in case of patient escape so they wouldn't know what floor what which since some people in the wing were on mandatory holds.

I haven't found anything by searching for this so I don't think this is a standard practice or anything. I don't have any explanation for this and would like to know if anyone has ever seen something like this or knows anything about this practice if it is "a practice".

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It sounds that you had a psychological episode of some sort and it is absolutely within the scope to say that these are often accompanied by hallucinations.
Had you told me that you were at work on a normal day and seen this, I would still have thought of a mild seizure but because you were actually in hospital due to your mental breakdown, I have to say that the glyphs you saw were literally in your head.
I am not being nasty here but I do know about the workings of the brain very well.
It wasn't supernatural.
Hope you feel better.

(post by musicismagic removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

That would probably be Braille - for blind people:

Braille

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
honestly could also have been someones idea of art.

I have worked in hospitals all my life and hospital managers have this strange fascination with pointless art work hanging in corridors and strange places.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Braille

Absolactly.

We have these public toilets (if you can call them toilets and not just a self contained cesspit) that had braille under all the buttons and sensors, washing sink, etc. I didn't think it was strange to see braille in these things, but the thought of people who cannot see, randomly touching the inside of one of those foul things, left me feeling sad for the visually impaired citizens of my city.

OP, if it looked like this, it's braille.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Braille

Best answer.
In the 80(s) I saw the first Braille on an elevator below the call button and floor number. For a while , I just stood and stared . Then , I remembered our Quarter of High School Braille.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I'm looking a google images and there are a whole series of glyphs for:

up - up arrow
down - down arrow
alarm - bell
call help - phone handle
close door - |>|

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Some things go faster with Braille, remember the doctor scene in the movie Rainman?
Even predicted the January 1992 federal tax increase from 16 to 20 cents on cigarettes.

edit on 5-7-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It was certainly not braille or any other current language or alphabet used, especially not in the US. As I said, they looked like runes or glyphs and those look much different than braille. I thought about the hallucination thing and that seems plausible considering the circumstances but it seems that whenever people see strange things like this it is always passed off as such and I just don't believe that everyone is hallucinating odd things which are almost always associated with "alien" symbols, sightings, etc. That is the reason I posted in the grey area. I don't know why I would hallucinate glyphs on the elevator readout (it was a red digital that used a complex LED array, similar to the black bars on digital clocks/watches but it had many more bars in odd arrangements within each "digit" block - to allow for the display of more complex shapes) and still be able to read the poster in the elevator, my patient wristband, etc. I would think that it would be odd to hallucinate in one place but not others.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The glyphs were probably part of your psychosis. They were real to you, but did not actually exist. I work in psychiatry, and lack of sleep can induce psychosis, of course I have no idea about your history so I can't comment much. I have never seen a psych hospital with anything but standard numbers.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Actually it is exactly what you would expect people to hallucinate. Hallucinations are not random, they are manufactured by your brain. So the most likely hallucination would be what your brain would consider appropriate based on your beliefs and bias.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

It IS possible there are non or near human agency's from other world's whom may act much like our own NGO's and sometime's, rarely help people (in secret or at least without the public knowing of course) as an act of charity, perhaps not so much there body's but perhaps something we and they may have in common, our soul's.

Or you could have stepped into a parallel reality, the feed being cut off being a moment of calm in the turbulence of existing simultaneously at some level in multiple different reality's.

Or you could be an alien sleeper agent, perhaps an alien soul in a human body or even be having reincarnation memory's mixed up with current ones because two episode one from a previous life and one from this were virtually identical even if they happened in vastly different time's, world's, dimensions or reality's.

It could just be imagination, false memory or a psychological episode (what exactly is one of those anyway?) but of course that is the easy and uninteresting answer and just maybe there is more to it.

Ever seen ghosts, had strange precognition were you found yourself saying "Been here done this before" so you then deliberately decide to do it differently and break the cycle and not simply be like old King Sisyphus rolling those balls up the hill (a greek legend of a king whom angered the god's so they put him in a cave with a hole in the roof and gave him a hill that nearly reaches the hole with some round stones which if he could balance them atop the pointed hill he could then climb out of the cave and to freedom so given an impossible task he was doomed to repeat it forever in an attempt to escape his prison), ever had one of the increasingly common reality schism's that are commonly called the Mandela effect, ever see a UFO, Poltergeist Activity or other very strange occurrences.

Don't worry you are not crazy.

Your simply experiencing something similar if not the same as many other's do and have.

It may be worth drawing those glyph's as best you can remember them then doing a google image search - it is a poor search method but may, just may bring up something interesting, also compare your glyph's to the few reported and drawn by UFO witness such as Lonnie Zamora
i.ytimg.com...

edit on 5-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

They were having a psychotic episode, not sure what you mean by "crazy". I do not consider psych patients crazy.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Never mind
edit on 752018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

For someone so liberal your views of mental illness is pretty harsh.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No not harsh. Chill out. For someone in psychiatry you're a bit quick to judge.
That was a joke.
But hey the dude thinks it was alien so I'm just going with it.
Maybe he was at a secret alien hospital and it was all real.
Oh and I edited my post before I saw yours just so you don't take credit for my change of heart.
Doc...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Dear OP:

you experienced Jamais Vu

Basically, you were in an altered state of consciousness.

Try drawing the glyphs, or something similar to them, as best you can from memory. You probably cannot recall any exact shapes... but were they rounded and "balloon-ey" like Mayan Hieroglyphics & Thai; or were they "twiggy," like the Runic alphabet?

If you cannot recall any of them, you just recall that you'd "never seen them before," that's classic Jamais Vu.

There are a couple of causes. TIA, or an epileptic seizure, causing a type of aphasia is one possibility. Its a chemical/physical disfunction.

The other type of disfunction is actually an overwhelming sense that you were looking at something alien. It's a "feeling," rather than a question of processing input or having eye problems (like glaucoma). Old people have this---but I'm not saying you have dementia. I'm saying you were in a dream-state where "everything is weird" and you couldn't have recognized your own phone number with that particular affect flooding your state of consciousness.

All the best, dude.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Or maybe if it was a Psych hospital, they use those glyphs so the "guests" don't roam or escape.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I can't remember many of the images too well, partly because I was looking at the nurse, but I remember something that looked like a penguin type bird or maybe a stork with a large beak, I just remember an exotic bird type image, and then something like a backwards R but the top part was a triangle pointing to the left. A couple others were something like a G or 6 but it used an awkward triangle at the bottom as well, and a hook coming down from the top right corner.

As far as experiencing other things, yes I've had many things related to "Mandela effect". I've had more strange experiences than I could list which is part of the reason I'm on this forum b/c I never meet anyone else, in person, who has experienced similar things or who even understands what I'm talking about. It's very isolating and IMO I think the other people are the odd ones and it seems their lives are the ones "empty" of interesting things. IDK if it is because some people are more observant than others and or more perceptive, thus allowing them to see differences or remember them, or if they just don't happen to other people.

I know that if I was standing on the other side and had someone explain the things I had been through, I would think it very odd as well, and frankly impossible. That is the type of thing I thought when I heard that when I was younger, before I had any real experience in life, but with age comes experiences and learning that "normal" is relative and very subjective.
edit on 7 5 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join