It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freaked out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I've been seeing a hypnotherapist for a while about certain issues and recently I've been getting some very strange unwanted side effects. First of all, I started getting a very loud (what seemed to be) electric zap/buzz right in front of my face when I was sleeping, so intense with noise and light that it made my eye lids light up and eyes really hurt from the sound. This happened a further two more times. Then a day later I was very ill. I was sick for 2 days - constantly vomiting, had a temperature, felt dizzy, weak, bad head etc. I went back for another session and thought nothing of it - didn't mention it to my hypnotherapist. Then, a day later after the session, the electric zap/buzz happens again when I'm a sleep. I've been sleeping quite a lot recently as I've been inredibly tired. Iit seems that when I sleep I am waken up with this weird electric zap. Hmm. As I am writing this it has just done it again right next to me - made me physically jump, from the shock of it.

please help

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Everlasting
I've been seeing a hypnotherapist for a while about certain issues and recently I've been getting some very strange unwanted side effects.

Those side effects were just waiting for a certain time to show themselves. If they were to hurt you, they could have destroyed your life very long ago.

Hmm. As I am writing this it has just done it again right next to me - made me physically jump, from the shock of it.

Sure, it was shocking... be careful how you perform.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
right that Zap buzz you hear is actully Stress related!!

I have also suffered this, and it almost feels like a light saber going through your head and you can also hear it,

Its quite rare, but i assure you this is due to stress,

Maybe the Hypno is inducing this?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
My best friend and I were seeing a hypnotherapist to quit smoking. I personally never got ANYTHING from it at all but a few good laffs in the hypnotist face.
By friend Bonnie however, had ALOT of 'stuff' come up....about being molested by her grandfather as a child!
The hypnotherapist then started taking her down memory lane to attempt to resovle this issue and did help her one whit with quitting smoking.....MANY bad things and memories surfaced for her, and she was having a dificult time dealing with her normal everyday home and family issues.
Anyway....NOTHING every was truly 'resolved'...we both still smoke, and now she lives everyday with the 'grandfather' memories right in the forfront of her thoughts...........So I have to say THIS hypnotherapist did NOT do either one of us any good, and it seamed like he was just furthering his OWN agenda......it seamed like he was really getting off on Bonnie's memory recall

Nowdays I am of the mind ~BEWARE~ of various hypnotherapists, for WHO knows what it is they are exactly trying to accomplish? only THEY know this......
I am sure there ARE genuine hypnotherapists that WILL work on the things you need worked on however, so I am NOT trying to say they are ALL bad.
Just be SURE EXACTLY what it is they are trying to accomplish.
ASK this therapist about the 'buzzing' and see if they can explain. We can HOPE it is only stress related as Asala is suggesting, and if this is so, I'm sure this therapist YOUR working with will concur her conclusion. Just tell them everything you are experiancing and see what they have to say about it, is my advise.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
ive had it happen also its like a shock running through you and it sucks doesnt last long though.

new topics

top topics

join