It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hey Americans! what are you doing for the 4th?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
personally, I'm spending the weekend at my friend's cottage on Lake Michigan. it's a heck of a drive here, 5 hours or so if traffic is good, but it'll be a ton of fun. what are you all up to?

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Going to a family cookout and going to toast a few beers to my shrinking freedoms but freedoms none-the-less.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
probably just jump out of a tree
and blow shyt up.

maybe tip a porta pottie or three

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I heard of a terrorist attack so I'm going to go hide in my bomb shelter from the 1960's or whenever the "duck & cover" age was

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I'll be celebrating the nation's birthday in typical 4th of July fashion, with family and friends and we BBQ, play horseshoes, drink beer, and watch the local parade and then the fireworks when it gets dark. Independence Day is one of my favorite holidays.

I have some good fireworks that I picked up awhile ago so I'll be putting on a little show.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:13 AM
link   
sparkler bombs.
lot's and lot's of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Me? Im staying my a$$ home. Maybe invite a couple of friends over. Get in the pool. Relax and have a good time. Thats basically it.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Me and My family are going camping up near Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado for the 3rd and 4th. the campsite is going to have their own little fireworks and stuff... I think it might be pretty fun.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm going to watch a fight break out at our local parade..

...Don't ask.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Lake time, boating, tubing, eating, getting a sunburn, watching fireworks. You know.. the typical stuff. Looking forward to it though.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
are driving to Orlando, staying at the Royal Pacific hotel, and going to Universal/Islands of Adventure. Thanks to the pet-friendly Loews Hotel chain, we're bringing our little Chihuahua ("Lupe' ") with us!
Should be fun. We have annual passes for both parks, so we go often. (and by staying in any of the resprt hotels there, your room key works as a vip front of the line pass....always a good thing....60 minutes for Spider Man? Nope, try 5 minutes
)

Tux

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Going to visit the family for a cook out, then setting off fireworks.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
drink some beer, set off some fireworks, go to the parade, hang out w/ family and friends, bbq, and beat up some red coats

the 4th has always been my favorite holiday outside of Christmas.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Cookout with my family, watch the local parade, get hit on the head with a piece of candy from the parade. Set off some of the good fireworks that you can't find in the stores
, and the ones you can find in stores. Play poker, and horseshoes, and swim. Then finaly watch the big firework show.

Oh and of course wait for what I been waiting for the whole year. Watch my grandfather burn his home made, Iraqi,French, and Nazi flags. He was going to burn the Iraqi one at a parade for the troops, but my mother and grandmother talked him out of it.

But I love the 4th, one of my favourite holidays after Chirstmas, and Easter. I love the cookouts, the fun, and the love for America.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm just goning to be lighting off a few boxes of fireworks, but since I live in California nothing will blow up.

AF1

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm going to celebrate the birth of my country by blowing up a small bit of it.

Actually I have to work till like 1 in the morning then after that i'm going to a friends to party.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The same as most people. Hangout with the family,fireworks,bbq,and a little fishing.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
there are no fireworks stands for about 50 miles around fort drum new york, except for sparklers. it blows dick. i hate this place!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
PC you should come to Wilkes-Barre theres a firework stand legal or illegeal at nearly every major street corner
. Theres a big tent near the Wal-Mart and another at every other chain store.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
fireworks store.. I'm a big fan of mortars...big BOOMs and near pro quality. Usually, I can get like 12 shells for $10. I'll typically get about 36 single shells, and about 12 to 24 triple shells (they make 3 bursts per shell), and of course the usual fountains, roman candles (nothing like shooting these as if from a wand...), sparklers (for the kiddies) and bottle rockets....

Just not this year (as previously mentioned, going on a little trip)....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join