It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice for Junior... Apathetic cowardly people and why more citizens should be armed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WARNING: very depressing story, don't read if you are sensitive at all to graphic content and human suffering. Definitely use discretion before watching the videos as well, I refuse to watch any of the footage because this kind of stuff messes with me bad and will be burnt into my mind for the rest of my life. I don't want that. You may not either.

www.google.com...

(Sorry about the CNN :/)

So my wife just told me about this horrid event that took place a week ago. She watched the full video on Instagram so I'm not sure how complete these YouTube videos are.
In a nutshell, In the Bronx a group of gang members mistook an innocent 15 year old boy for a rival or at least a completely different dude who had been targeted for whatever reason.

They start chasing the boy who was not the guy so he runs into a convenience store and begins pleading with the clerk, asking that he be allowed to hide behind the counter I presume.

The clerk has none of it and shoes the kid back outside. As he is being forced back outside the gang comes in and drag junior outside where they stab and chop him repeatedly with machetes.

Bleeding profusely and dying, junior again tries to enter the store but is once again forced to leave.

Back outside junior begins calling to the people filming the incident, begging that somebody call 911. Apparently nobody could be bothered with that and they continued to film.

Junior then starts running towards the hospital. He made it across the street from the hospital where he collapsed.

This part is unclear to me but somehow there were cops present during his final moments but rather than taking any sort of action they just stand there and allow the kid to die.

So many awful people here. The POS thugs, the clerk, the people in the store, those who were recording on their phones, and the cops.

It's a shame and a tragedy there was not a citizen with a firearm, or maybe some cops that cared. There was nobody and this poor soul was on his own.

Evidently the perpetrators have all been arrested but I just picture them making a home out of prison and living lives of relative comfort, at least compared to what they deserve.

Sadly too late but this incident has prompted a new law to hopefully be put into place, that clerk's and store owners are legally obligated to help in such a situation.

I don't know who in the area, if any of them, could have been a candidate for someone armed and willing to intervene. If such a person existed and they had to shoot the murderers it should be a guarantee that the hero would not face any charges.

I'm sure if somebody shot these guys down and saved juniors life they would be thrown in jail regardless.

It sucks, it's times like these that I question a few things about certain beliefs, forgiveness and justice. The age old question of why and how can things like this happen to innocent people becomes fresh and relevant again.

Anyway, I was just shocked by this story, I hopped on to ATS expecting to find a thread already. Couldn't find it so I busted out this OP real quick. If Already posted and I missed it go ahead and delete if necessary Mods.

Thanks for reading.
edit on 27-6-2018 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
A weapon isn't any good if someone doesn't have the conviction to use it. A sense of right and wrong, a sense of justice, a sense of humanity and the desire to help his fellow man.

You don't find this much in the urban areas, for good reason. It's a difference of mentality, I'll never live in a large metro/urban area. The people there, on average, are just not good people.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
It's a difference of mentality, I'll never live in a large metro/urban area.

I agree 100%. I absolutely hate cities and all the crap in them.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

On average? What average? Generalization is the reason why this type of thing happens. People see this kid all chopped up and think that he must of deserved it. They generalize and cave in to their fear. Fear that it may happen to them. So they do nothing for fear of being singled out and recognized. Cowardice is the problem, not population size. You would be surprised how much conviction you get when being chopped up by machetes. Or even being on the scene with something more than a cell phone. Good People? define good people.

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Sadly too late but this incident has prompted a new law to hopefully be put into place, that clerk's and store owners are legally obligated to help in such a situation.

All very sad, but I disagree with this new law.
This law, if it had been in place before the incident, would not have saved that kids life. All it would do is create another avenue for lawyers to exploit to extort cash from not only the business, but the parents of the victim.

As for the story... yeah, everyone involved is guilty. If you were there and armed, would you pull a firearm on a gang of kids with machetes? I don't know about you, but I don't have that much faith in any sort of pistol you might carry around.
Sure, chances are the kids would flee- but what if they chose to fight?
How many kids were there with intentions of murdering someone? 3? 6? I probably wouldn't take on any more than two- sucks to be that kid but I've got to look out for number one.

Then you've got to remember... this is new york. Some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. I'd wager even if you shot someone in self defense in that state you'd be tied up in courts for months- chances are the firearm you used wasn't technically legal.

I also agree that it's nuts nobody called the police. You would think an incident like this would kick off at least three calls. Must be a big city thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Animals, the whole damn lot of them! The convenience store clerk, an absolute coward. Those who filmed it should be have their asses hauled in for questioning. I am sure Ytube can provide their IP's?

Will wait to be condemned for calling these scumbags "animals".

This is why I don't jump on the "I hate police bandwagon." Look at the filth they have their hands tied to try and clean up!

edit on 27-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
New York

Nothing new

Murder of Kitty_Genovese 1964

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The store owners should be armed....oh yeah, NYC where the criminals are always the victim! I know this, I live here!

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
this isn't the only victim of the same gang

they have a KOS or what they call a red light on anyone who even looks like the guy just incase, this is just 1 in a series of over 50 murders from what I understand of people who have been killed by this gang of them trying to kill 1 person

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

First off, I second your disgust that people just watched it happen. I find that reprehensible as a community and as a human being.

That said, if this was a gang, I assume that the local people understand the problems with interfering with gang activity, and honestly, I can't blame them if this is the case. In Cincinnati, there are areas where young kids get caught in the crossfire of drive-bys and gang violence, and the community sits there tight-lipped and unwilling to cooperate with police. It's a plague.

This is why Trump, as much as many people hate to hear it, rails on and on about MS-13. It's not only the individual gang members or instances of violence and lawlessness, but gangs paralyze local communities to the point of basically having total control through fear.

In the capacity of my job, I worked on a case that eventually ended in plea deals, but it was concerning the Mexican Mafia out of Los Angeles, and I was privy to all of the photos of crimes committed by these individuals.

It cannot be said enough times and with enough volume and conviction: The people who act like this absolutely are animals. There is no way around it.

You don't watch these videos because you can't unsee them, and I understand that. I had no choice to look at the images of the crime scenes, and they are seared in my mind forever. And in my capacity as a paralegal years ago, I also had to see some very disturbing images related to things like sexual assaults, child abuse, and the like.

I don't care about the political correctness of it all--there are human being who should not be able to hold that title nor left to reside amongst other people.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

The store owners should be charged with knowingly forcing someone out into a dangerous situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Just appalling in every way.

How was no one making war on these thugs the moment they realised what was going on? Where the hell are the samaritans?

top topics

join