It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-Cloud (UK) Photo ENHANCED (June 2018)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't think anyone has mentioned this case in the forums yet.

Recently (June 18th) a gentleman in England stepped outside, and saw a cloud formation resembling a giant craft.

It was strange enough for him to take 3 photos of it, which he later sent to MUFON.

Here's a screen-shot from the video below, showing his best photo, with its colors increased:

(MUFON CASE # 92772. Link: www.mufoncms.com...)

Obviously the skeptics and debunkers will say that there is nothing interesting about a cloud lol.

However, it becomes interesting if we imagine that advanced craft might have cloaking technology, and it could include manipulating cloud vapor to surround the craft, and basically disguise it as a cloud, so it could hide in plain sight.

There is not much more to say about this case, and such ideas are not new (re: craft cloaking and disguising themselves as a cloud).

However, the pics are worth glancing at just for being a rather large, dramatic example of clouds resembling a cloaked craft.

This video also ENHANCES the photo by increasing the light and dark colors a few times, which makes the cloud increasingly resemble a metallic silver-blue craft.

Not sure how much discussion there is to be had about this sighting, but it's a very cool sight.

What do you guys think?

edit on 27-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I hate to be "that person", but there's no real evidence that it's anything other than a pretty cloud.
A low quality pic that gets "enhanced" by someone, that then records their findings in portrait on a phone, it doesn't really jump out as ground breaking evidence.

edit on 27-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting post and pic for sure. Is it a ufo? Heavens knows, it begs the question what is a ufo even? Some people say its nuts and bolts others its a plasma entity, etc, etc. Others even believe that clouds themselves are alive, they contain all of the essentials for life and may even be part of a greater thing just blood or even flaky skin on the skin of the body of Planet Earth life form. Who knows?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Recently (June 18th) a gentleman in England stepped outside, and saw a cloud formation resembling a giant craft.

what craft does it resemble?

However, the pics are worth glancing at just for being a rather large, dramatic example of clouds resembling a cloaked craft.

are there any examples of "cloaked craft" to see eh resemblance?

My point here is cultural and fictional ideas about aliens play too much of part when images are brought forth and how they are described and speculated about.

Yes, It does resemble a cloaked craft, one from fictional entertainment.

This leads to the imagination running wild in a topic that is about discovering truth about are Aliens alive and traversing the universe and maybe making a stop here on earth for a probe or two.

With so much fictional influence its gets hard to find that needle in the hay stack and when mundane things are brought forth and the discussion is a "what if" then I think it should be another forum like skunk works.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

it begs the question what is a ufo even?

did your brain just fart asking this?

UFO is something unidentified, an object and its flying.

Some people say its nuts and bolts others its a plasma entity, etc, etc.

This is how some describe ET craft or entities.

UFO has a definition.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
I hate to be "that person", but there's no real evidence that it's anything other than a pretty cloud.
A low quality pic that gets "enhanced" by someone, that then records their findings in portrait on a phone, it doesn't really jump out as ground breaking evidence.

The original pic isn't low-quality at all.

If anything, it's the most standard-quality photo that we could expect from somebody snapping a few pics with their iPhone, in June 2018. lol.

"Enhanced" refers to the colors being increased, which the video does show.

Here's the 3rd, darkest version of the photo, screen-shot from the video:

^Definitely nothing interesting, right?

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Clouds are amazing, I remember once seen a pure black cube shaped cloud, and seriously it looked absolutely solid, imagine something like the Borg.

I would conclude that the object from the OP is a cloud, although that's not to say I'm against the idea of some UFO's being able to cloak themselves, I've seen enough interviews and read enough reports to say that some can go invisible

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If that's a real pic, then I don't see how people are automatically assuming it's a cloud. I never seen a cloud look like a perfect typical UFO...

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Supposed Disk shape UFO sitings don't originate from fiction stories. Many supposed UFO citing are of disk shaped crafts. I think most visual bias come from witness testimony, NOT fiction. At least on ATS or other UFO communities.

Having said that, the mind will always have bias in figuring out visual anomalies.
edit on 27-6-2018 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Supposed Disk shape UFO sitings don't originate from fiction stories.

never said it did.

It was actually born from others not properly expressing what Kenneth Arnold initially described witnessing.

After that many claimed to see saucers when Arnold's claim was more boomerang shape.

I think most visually bias come from witness testimony, NOT fiction.

Yes , that is why said cultural and fictional ideas.

It was fictional in a way when it was first described because it it wasn't a factual description when it newspapers claimed Kenneth Arnold saw a saucer and from there people started seeing them or describing them as such.

If that's a real pic, then I don't see how people are automatically assuming it's a cloud. I never seen a cloud look like a perfect typical UFO...

Why don't you see why people are automatically assuming its a cloud?

You actually do, its just the opposite of your experience.

You have never seen a cloud look like this so its something amazing

Others that automatically assume its a cloud could simply be doing so because they have seen a cloud like that.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Having said that, the mind will always have bias in figuring out visual anomalies.

exactly,

and its a visual anomaly because it hasn't been witnessed before, like you have said you haven't.

Its not a visual anomaly to those that have, yes its a rare sight to see but its not unheard of as many have mentioned that there are numerous claims and reports of clouds looking like cloaked craft.

Yes, you could take a rather large leap in logic and think there is something there and it could be cloaked alien ship or secret human tech but with so many sightings wouldn't one think it suggests that these types of clouds are rare but have been seen by quite a few.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I would have liked to see a photo of it 15 minutes later.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

It's certainly supposed to be a real photo. Here it is on MUFON's site, as linked above:

www.mufoncms.com...

There were 2 other similar photos, sent in as a total of 3 photos, but the one being focused on is the best of the 3 pics.

The video makes the photo look more dramatic, but all it's doing is increasing the colors a few times, and not actually changing the image at all.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I would have liked to see a photo of it 15 minutes later.

Point taken, the vid does take 90 seconds to introduce the subject, in general.

On the other hand, the thumbnail shows the original pic, which is also linked to (on MUFON's site), and the OP of this thread shows the darkest version of the photo, without needing to watch the video. So all the content is already laid-out, without even watching it lol.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Date and time would be good to remove the most obvious questions.

I do of a lot of walking and so far other than air ambulances around my way theres not much even in the current cloudless sky to grab my attention.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
Date and time would be good to remove the most obvious questions.

I do of a lot of walking and so far other than air ambulances around my way theres not much even in the current cloudless sky to grab my attention.

^ Sure, the sighting was June 18th, 2018, at 7:45 am.

I want to post a link to the official listing on MUFON's site, but the best I can seem to do is to link its page for searching the site.

www.mufon.com...

^All you need to do is fill in the one box for Case Number, about halfway down the page. Type "92772," submit, and you will see the listing of this case.

Theirs not much to tell i went out for a cigarette and had a strange feeling to look up, at first glance it just appears to be clouds but the shape just seems too perfect and it was fairly windy at the time with clouds moving quickly past but the object just stayed still. I had an uneasy feeling and that’s what prompted me to take the photos. I would have got video too but my iphone has seen better days and video is not working.

edit on 27-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Also, since I was just looking at the offical listing on MUFON.com:

It includes all 3 original photos.

So I decided to download them and embed them in the thread.

As you can see, the video does indeed focus on the most interesting of the 3 photos. But it's still nice to get a full overview of the whole case.

Unfortunately the pics are embedding sideways, for whatever reason:

This is the pic in the video:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Call me a little negative but its kind of disappointing if someone thinks "Oh my god is that a several kilometer size alien spaceship proving life on other planets and us not being alone in the universe? I better take exactly 3 photos of it and then chill with a movie or something, nothing more interesting happening anyway".

I would have taken pictures until the camera/phone filled up and then I'd go and ask a neighbour to take some more pics. Worst case scenario you find out its just a wierd cloud that's breaking up after a while and you can delete the pics.
edit on 27-6-2018 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: peacefulpete

Obviously the skeptics and debunkers will say that there is nothing interesting about a cloud lol.

However, it becomes interesting if we imagine that advanced craft might have cloaking technology, and it could include manipulating cloud vapor to surround the craft, and basically disguise it as a cloud, so it could hide in plain sight.

You'd think they would do a better job disguising themselves as a normal everyday cloud then, rather than a weird cloud.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: merka
Call me a little negative but its kind of disappointing if someone thinks "Oh my god is that a several kilometer size alien spaceship proving life on other planets and us not being alone in the universe? I better take exactly 3 photos of it and then chill with a movie or something, nothing more interesting happening anyway".

I would have taken pictures until the camera/phone filled up and then I'd go and ask a neighbour to take some more pics. Worst case scenario you find out its just a wierd cloud that's breaking up after a while and you can delete the pics.

I think people often feel very mixed and confused, in such situations. On the one hand, the cloud looks like a floating solid object, so he was curious and excited.

On the other hand, his reaction might have been tempered, because (for example) he might have felt like it was stupid to be excited about a cloud lol.

So his response might seem muted, because he didn't want to get too carried away, about something that he thinks is "stupid" to be excited about.

There's also often an element of FEAR that happens automatically, during sightings, it seems. So he might have felt nervous just standing there staring at it, and he might have wanted to go inside his house (even if it was a sub-conscious urge).

Pragmatically speaking, he did say that his phone wasn't working right, for taking video. So apparently, taking photos was really the only thing possible.

And in those 3 shots, only 1 pic is really detailed and interesting, so maybe he figured that he already caught the best image possible, and called it a wrap.

One more thing, it's not realistic that anyone would see something mysterious, and then go shouting to all his neighbors lol, and asking to borrow their cameras and phones. lol

While I understand your enthusiasm for such an imagined scenario, the truth is that usually human self-consciousness and common sense will prevent someone from doing something like that.

And let's be honest, if everyone freaked out to his neighbors, everytime he saw something mysterious, then a lot of his neighbors would just assume he was crazy lol.

So that idea of an Earth-shattering sighting that stops everyone in their tracks, and they get their neighbors, and the whole neighborhood is soon watching the same UFO... It's a nice thought lol but it really won't ever happen like that, in real life.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join