It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Coryell Hospital-Gatesville TX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Patients are being evacuated after an explosion at a hospital in Texas. It looks like a fairly large explosion. There is no word yet on number of injuries or cause of explosion.

Source

CORYELL COUNTY, TX (KXXV) - The Coryell Memorial Hospital said they are evacuating patients after an explosion at the hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Meadows Nursing Home is also relocating patients by personal cars and church vans. Some patients are being moved to Coryell Community Church and other nearby churches. The Gatesville Police Department is responding to the scene along with multiple other agencies from all over Central Texas. Carly Latham, director of Marketing at Coryell Memorial Hospital, said no injuries have been reported at this point and that patients are being evacuated to other areas of the campus and nearby facilities.

There is a short cell video at the link.
edit on 26-6-2018 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Saw this at 4 on news with update just now. One building has collapsed and there is a nearby nursing home with electricity out. Don't know if it is related.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Oxygen maybe?

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The news reporter is saying it happened in a part of the hospital under construction, so the injuries may be to the construction workers.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

That's not any better. Construction deals with gases under pressure too.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I shoot at a gun range in Gatesville. The community blurs into the back entrance into Ft Hood and its ridiculous 50mph speed limit.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Electricity is out for about 900 homes near the hospital.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, it's not any better and there are injuries reported.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's not any better. Construction deals with gases under pressure too.

This is true but I don’t think a few full-size bottles of oxygen and acetylene would make such a big explosion they usually blow off the pressure release or if knocked over just right hitting something causing the manifold/valve to get knocked off they usually just turn into missiles. I’m thinking it would have to be the hospitals big oxygen storage tanks.
edit on 6/26/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
News is saying they are doing an add on, and that they think it was the boiler room that blew.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
News is saying they are doing an add on, and that they think it was the boiler room that blew.

I didn’t think of the boiler room, it seems to me like it would have to be a cascade of failures to cause the boiler to go up big time.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Victims headed to Temple's Baylor Scott and White. They have a level 1 trauma center. Its the best hospital system I've ever seen....im an asshole about that kind of stuff, and BSW has blown me away.

They are also going to Waco where there is a level 2 trauma center

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It sounds like there was construction that cause a collapse, which made the boiler fail.

When I worked at a state hospital once a boiler blew up in the adolescent unit basement. The kids heard one of the workers scream. My unit was next door, and we felt the explosion in our building (admissions unit).

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Boiler will be all kinds of nasty. I hope not too many were nearby. Ideally, I hope they were packing it up and getting ready to go so no one was nearby.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It sounds like there was construction that cause a collapse, which made the boiler fail.

When I worked at a state hospital once a boiler blew up in the adolescent unit basement. The kids heard one of the workers scream. My unit was next door, and we felt the explosion in our building (admissions unit).

Ouch that’ll definently cause a cascade of failures! That’s crazy perhaps hospital should start using industrial size tankless water heater system (assuming they make them that big that is).

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
they are updating on what the response is because they have nothing else to add.

"a major construction projection going on. Possibility of gas lines. We don't know...but it was quite a blast" is what i just heard them saying on the news conference.

Everything else is reporting on how the response is being done, and providing a superficial description of the damage in the area (and of course reiterating how amazing the response was...they have to do the leadership thing).

(post by mobilelegends removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by mobilelegends removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:21 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join