It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scam marriage, is it ever good?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think the statistics have shown that no matter how people get married, whether they're in "love," or whether it's arranged, or whether it's a marriage of convenience, they all have about the same chances of "working out." And by that I mean that people manage to live together peacefully for a decent amount of time either before the divorce or one of the spouses dies.

Love is one thing, but basically if you want to live with somebody as a married couple, you gotta work at it no matter what.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That's interesting

If I have to marry my Czech friend to keep her in the UK there is massive love between us, just not 'love' like the classic married couple. Deep love of friendship.
We wouldn't live with each other, she's too fiery for me full-time lol, we'd be doing it solely to beat the system.
...would I love calling her my wife though? Yes, I would, even though we both knew it was just a label and a scam.

I said earlier, we were at a party and the conversation came up about what we can do if there is a threat to any EU mates so everyone picked who they wanted to marry if we have to after Brexit. Me and her looked at each other and agreed instantly, as did others in our circles.
It was like love picked the partnerships in crime.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Sounds like the premise of a romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant.

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Sounds like the premise of a romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant.

Haha yes!
I'm quite confident they will all get 'right to remain' to be honest but we've all made these plans just in case.
My crazy Czech chick though, we both knew straight away when the conversation came up in the group.

...yes, romantic chick flick plot for sure

posted on Jun, 27 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As someone who would only be interested in marriage for social status reasons... I'm all for scam marriages.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join