It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antartica Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In 1998 the entire east coast of Austrialia was put on alert as reports of a massive earthquake in Antarctica that had dislodged a huge piece of ice from Antarctica's ice crust. Apparently causing a huge tsunami bound for Australia.

The tsunami never came. Though what is realy baffeling is that fact that there are no fault lines close enough to Antarctica to cause an earthquake that could break off ice from its crust.

What might have caused this quake if not fault lines?

Another strange thing is the fact that in 1947 a US officer named Admiral Byrd led an expedition force of 10,000 men to Antarctica the force spent only 3 months there and when the came back they had sustained heavy casualties.

Some leading conspiricy theorist belive that the losses sustained by Bryd's men may have been at the hands of an ancient and advanced civilisation. dwelling far under the ice.

Antarctica is also governed by a treaty, signed by various powerful nations that prevents any development or exploration of its vast natrual resourses. Why would this be? it has been suggested that the real purpose of the treaty is to prevent any commercial organisation stubbling across the secrets that reside under Antarctia's 2 mile thick ice crust.

In Constantinople in 1513 a map was found that clearly showed the eastern coast of South America and the western coast of Africa but also a an ice free country names "Queen Maud Land". Antarctica was only discovered in 1818 and the acuracy of the map was not reaveadled until the 50's when radar technology was able to see under the ice of Antarctica and see a country identical to "Queen Maud Land".

Other charts and maps of similar nature have been found giving rise to the belife that Antarctica could have been home to a civilisation known as Atlantis. Buried under ice and not sea.

What do you think about "Queen Maud Land" and the heavy losses sustained by Byrd's US soldiers?

Please dont get anoyed if a topic like this has already been started i'm new and i didnt realy know where to put this thread.

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Terra Bane]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
got me .......but now you got me intrested you bad boy you I do wanna see more info on this theory for sure hehe keep it coming feed me....

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
was looking up on this topic and.,......................

see for yourself
www.sqlspace.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
anartica has a Hige active volcanio and that may be were the quake strated from .As for the none tidal wave sometimes luck is on your side.
as for the people who have died exploring its a VERY harsh enveriment and gets down to -100% in that weather it takes two minits to frezz let alone three months.
Now as for the map from the 1500 anartica isent the only odd map from that time theres also a map of the US that is accret down to the mile as well and farther more was made as a maps is made when viewed from space .In other words the map you use looks wide east to west and more narrow from north to south .but in reality the earth is round and from space its more narrow from east to west and more wide from north to south .
pluse the fact that the cost lines are drawn to scale in a time when they couldent make a map to scale. Its very strange .But on the other hand 2000 years earler the egyptions greeks myans were Much more adavanced some of there adavences were on pare with moderen day stuff and there knolge of the earth and stars and soler system was alomst as good as ours .So its quite possible they WERE able to make scaled maps on pare with ours and that may be were these unausale maps came from.
Its the most logical explanation anyway. Baring that I gess it would have to be the hypothectial alians lol.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
www.world-mysteries.com...

another link hehe

still looking for kewl stuff down there more links too come

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
www.enterprisemission.com...

the search for truth continues....

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.fatemag.com...

mentions our good ole buddy "Branton".......

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
more info on this subject can be found in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I remember reading a few articles about the Piri Reis map early last year.
From what I remember, it was drawn up for a Turkish Admiral from much older documents and showed, according to researchers, an accurate Antarctic coastline and even some inland features. Very interesting stuff as the experts tell us over and over that early man just didn't have the ability to undertake intercontinental travel or navigate with any accuracy.
Nevertheless, ancient man still seems to have done so

I seem to reading and searching for data on ancient peoples more and more these days. I don't think we can merely dismiss as myths and legends all that the ancient peoples spoke or wrote of, especially when peoples continents apart recorded similar events.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Another interesting fact.

In 1938 Nazi Germany made the most extensive survey of Antarctica to date, they claimed the land as thier own and called it Neuschwabenland (can we get a translation please?). It is know that inner orders of the Nazi Party placed a special importance on Antarctica and maintained a presence there throughout wwII.

What could have been so important about Antarctica given that holding it gave very little tactical advantage?

In 1946 U-boats were spotted off the the coast of Antarctica heading towards it. Conjecture has it that elements of the German High Command escaped justice to set up a base among the ranks of a lost ancient civilization.

maybee we're about to see a load of Hitler/lost civilization folk hybrid....the concept is horrifing

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
heres a topic about Admiral Richard E. Byrd.

Strange it talks about his exploration of Antarctica but sayd nothing of the losses on the US military personel that acompanied him.

The Papers Of Admiral Byrd

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a topic about possible causes of the earthquake...i think!

hope it makes more sense to you guys then it did to me.

Corne Kreemer's 1998 Earthquake....thingy

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The Nazis obviously had placed antartica at some level of importance,the translation is basically new germany....the bit that i find exciting is that they declared ownership of antartica on the eve of ww2....strange that this should have ranked so highly at a time when thousands of miles away the german goverment was about to make its boldest step in world history?

Theres definatley something going on in this region...but what....there are some links that say that byrds trip (operation 'high jump'....i think it was called) had the purpose of destroying a nazi force that had travelled to this place at the end of ww2..via the submarines you mentioned.

new topics

top topics

join