It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Says It's the Last Straw As It Bans Plastic Utensils. Is Your City Next?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It'll take a while to get the muscle memory back, but with practice and repetition we'll all be able to drink directly from a cup one day soon.

Speak for yourself, by Saturday evenings I'm usually slurping my Bourbon off the table tops.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Cans and bottles here mate.

ETA - ... sponges when necessary.
edit on 6.21.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: seattlerat

It'll take a while to get the muscle memory back, but with practice and repetition we'll all be able to drink directly from a cup one day soon.

Why are you assuming my abilities?

Racist!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Invest in ladels!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is a good thing.
The UK have just banned micro beeds also.
Now it is time to get all the plastic the sea.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: Metallicus

But plastic utensils don't make life more convenient at all. They cost money to dispose of in landfills and pollute oceans. Buying one metal straw costs a few dollars, if that, and it's portable. If you don't have one, paper or disposable straws will be available.
The same with cutlery. Extremely portable.

We actually have real issues to deal with in America like homelessness, high incarceration rates and illegal invaders at our border. This is the kind of thing you worry about when you give a Progressive too much time in their pampered, ivory tower life.

Yeah, there is just no way that we can work on more than one thing at a time. After I make breakfast I'm like 'No way can I deal with anything else today, that was my problem for the day'. Jesus dude.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Romans used Lead utensils.........for all the West Coast.........I'd strongly recommend they adopt the Roman Standard!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I saw a thing on the BBC with them cutting up sea birds, the amount of plastic in them shocked me and killed them.
Only an idiot would think this is a bad idea. Or an extremely short sighted idiot.
edit on 21-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

If you're o.k. with it, I'm o.k. with it. I'll never see Seattle anyway.

Out here in the boonies, they don't even have a ban on plastic bags. Use them all the time at the Grocery store. Wife bought a whole bunch of the cloth bags and such, but we've never used them. She says the cloth bags spread disease and she re-uses the plastic bags for other things.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

originally posted by: Atsbhct

But plastic utensils don't make life more convenient at all. They cost money to dispose of in landfills and pollute oceans. Buying one metal straw costs a few dollars, if that, and it's portable. If you don't have one, paper or disposable straws will be available.
The same with cutlery. Extremely portable.

We actually have real issues to deal with in America like homelessness, high incarceration rates and illegal invaders at our border. This is the kind of thing you worry about when you give a Progressive too much time in their pampered, ivory tower life.

Yeah, there is just no way that we can work on more than one thing at a time. After I make breakfast I'm like 'No way can I deal with anything else today, that was my problem for the day'. Jesus dude.

I'm like that after an omelet so I can agree.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Krakatoa

The Romans used Lead utensils.........for all the West Coast.........I'd strongly recommend they adopt the Roman Standard!

Oregon coast here. We just use everything that washed up after Fukushima.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Cool! Cause since it came from Fukushima, it glows in the dark so its easy to find at night and when you're camping!

You could start a business selling that to the people in Flint Michigan!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Plastic cutlery is dreadful. I cannot wait for these to be banned where I live, followed by coffee cups.

Anything that is a symbol of our throw away, one-time-use wastefulness should be banned.
edit on 21/6/2018 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Why is it Progressives have to shove their BS down everyone else’s throat?

I'm not a Progressive and I think it's a good idea NOT to dump more plastic in the oceans. It's kinda of a common sense thing and not a political one.

The US isn’t one of the countries dumping plastic in the ocean. The five top countiries are all Asian so not really a valid argument.
edit on 2018/6/21 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting
a reply to: blueman12

I saw a thing on the BBC with them cutting up sea birds, the amount of plastic in them shocked me and killed them.
Only an idiot would think this is a bad idea. Or an extremely short sighted idiot.

Too many people are littering pigs. Now people can litter with biodegradable things.
And yet people are still complaining.
🙄

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

We're #20, we should be #0.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Greggs has banned plastic stirers here in the UK also I think McDonalds have just gone plastic free here.
Can only be a good thing im a member of Greenpeace and have been doing my bit to loby y government cut back on plastics and it is working but we need to remind our foreign ministers to push for it worldwide.
edit on 21-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

We're #20, we should be #0.

80% of the waste comes from the top five Asian countries. Considering how much coastline and population we have our contribution is negligible.

If you want to not use a straw then I have no issue with that, however, don’t inflict that belief on others.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The US isn’t one of the countries dumping plastic in the ocean. The five top countiries are all Asian so not really a valid argument.

The pollution and rubbish pouring out of China, the Far East and India is really, really bad. It's a f'ing disaster.

Plastic berg

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

www.epa.gov...

The USA and the UK have in the past we need to lobby our politicians to push the other countries to stop doing it or we are screwed.
We need to start cleaning up after ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join