It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dehumanising Description Of Unistoten May Signal Planned Assault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation Minister Scott Fraser was in Smithers Thursday, meeting First Nations leaders in hopes of clearing one of the remaining obstacles to a $40-billion LNG project.

The obstacle is the Unist’ot’en . . .
vancouversun.com...

Located here ejatlas.org... , the Unistoten Camp has protected the land and water using only peaceful occupation of the land and the power of words.

. . . the Unist'ot'en clan of the Wet’suwet’en nation have literally built a strategy to keep three proposed oil and gas pipelines from crossing their land. Concerned about the environmental damage a leak could cause on land they've never given up, they've constructed a protection camp to block pipeline companies.

They may have chosen the wrong location for the camp, or the wrong building philosophy.

Over the past seven years allies have helped us to establish a permanent camp with bunkhouses, a dining hall and cabins to house everyone who comes here to protect our rivers. An unusual amount of rain last fall damaged roads that we use to patrol the land and created two small canyons that are likely to flood the camp during snow melt this spring.
www.gofundme.com...

I don't think there will be an assault because the backlash that has been promised by supporters is to "shut down Canada" if the camp is attacked.

The obstacle is not the Unistoten.

The obstacle is the will of the people who value the environment more than the Chinese gas market.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I wish them luck, it can be done!
Bentley coal seam gas protests Australia.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok. I'm going to pass this along to some people that could possibly offer assistance. I'll personally hand this over to the resources available through my work. Yes, I may be a Trump supporter but I'm also a conservationists.
Thanks for enlightening me to this situation.

join