It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learned something new today...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: FyreByrd

Where are you getting this stuff? Seriously.

The penalties for a 'crime' against natural persons are lower for a "legal person' ie Directors

A person kills someone - manslaughter 8-10 years?

A company director through inaction or negligence causes a death by the company - hefty fine no gaol time.

I

I agree with the above but...

Not an answer to my question....

Diference between 'natural' and 'legal' person. Sources. Corporate personhood perhaps is what you mean. Which then is altogether different then holding the Directors responsible for the malfeasance of their corporation.

Perhaps, as I advocate, a death penalty for Corporate Persons would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

This is because western democracies (cough cough) rule not by the "spirit" of the constitution but by regulation. Allows the judges and lawyers to be the arbiters of how far the politicians can go.

believes it can law people into obedience

We dont have a Bill of Rights but even a bill of rights becomes a toothless tiger when the Govt keep taking away more freedoms in the name of "good governance".

I believe a more accurate apprrisal of the situation in the US is, "We adjudicate by the letter of the law not the spirit of the law?"

A 'law' is something entirely different then a 'regulation'.

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Jimmy's perspective in this video is totally on point. All the liars and naysayers in these threads are completely ignorant of truth and have zero evidence to back their assertions

they tow party lines and partisan talking points with little to evidence typically
edit on 17-6-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bulwarkz

a reply to: Isurrender73

This is because western democracies (cough cough) rule not by the "spirit" of the constitution but by regulation. Allows the judges and lawyers to be the arbiters of how far the politicians can go.

believes it can law people into obedience

We dont have a Bill of Rights but even a bill of rights becomes a toothless tiger when the Govt keep taking away more freedoms in the name of "good governance".

Only government is bound by the Constitution.
Since 1871 we are ruled by corporation.
The law of the land in every court is the U.C.C.

Good point, and...

The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) is a set of laws that provide legal rules and regulations governing commercial or business dealings and transactions. ...

The code has the effect of law only when it is adopted by different states. The UCC has been adopted by all 50 states of the U.S, although with variations. Uniform Commercial Code – An USLegal Topic Area uniformcommercialcode.uslegal.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Unfortunately average worker pay has not gone up past inflation for the last few decades. CEO pay is a different story. The average worker has had annual pay ncreases matching inflation but is often expected to do more work for basically the same pay received many years ago when you factor in inflation. I read if it seems like you are making more money but working harder than ever and not feeling like you are getting ahead, there is a reason.

Thanks for posting sources.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Pretty much agree with you

We adjudicate by the letter of the law not the spirit of the law?"

Exactly, and then there are cases that they refuse to allow to be heard.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Ha! My gf told me the same thing last week!!

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Yeah a person is a natural human being being...sorry...the rest of your post is spot on.

Perhaps, as I advocate, a death penalty for Corporate Persons would be a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 18 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Good for you op, I try too!

I learned I can fix the remote gate opener to our estate.

Yay me!

🕺🏻

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join