It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eid Mubarak 2018

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Sorry bro, but that doesn't match Islam at all. In fact, Islamic tradition teaches that Shaytan is locked up during the month of Ramadan, though other evils are still present. Here are 2 links that expand on that.

islamqa.info...
islam.stackexchange.com...

In other words, it doesn't make much sense to judge one religion with the scriptures from a different religion.

(note: For what it's worth, I treat Ramadan the same way I treat any other month when it comes to doing right and wrong. I give to charity just as much in the other months, etc. So it doesn't really matter to me if Shaytan is present or not; my beliefs will remain the same regardless.)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Happy Eid al-Fitr to you and your family.

Is there any special meal for guest?

Not a "special meal". Guests get the same meals that we do lol!

Guests are always welcome at Eid prayers and Eid feasts. In fact, we've even had sitting mayors and others as guests and/or at speakers at different Eid prayers. Guests are also welcome at mosques in general.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
a reply to: TinfoilTP

But then paul said that suffering produces perseverance in romans 5:3

Self inflicted suffering is not really suffering because you can end the suffering at any time, you are in control.

You know that many Christian denominations fast as well, right?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
a reply to: enlightenedservant

My husband has just returned from a Eid Mubarak celebration with his friends. I am not religious but fully encourage my husband. I have never had a religion. Salamat makan. Happy eating bahasa lingo.

Thanks. It usually takes 1-3 months for my full appetite to come back, so I'm slowly easing my way back into big meals. But soon enough, I'll be happily eating large amounts of food again. muahahaha!

And no worries on having or not having religion. I think the most important thing is to be a good person, to help those in need, and to do no harm. There are a lot of people who proclaim to practice this or that faith, yet are still vile people. And there are a lot of others who adhere to no faith in particular, yet are constantly promoting positivity.

So in this context, religious teachings are simply tools that can help a person become a better person or can give a person the justification they crave to do bad things. In other words, it all comes down to the individual.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: JerryMH

No problem. There will always be divisions between humans. If not over religion and ethnic groups, then over political views, economic views, and sports teams. But at the end of the day, we all laugh, pout, get grumpy, get sad, get sick, get our hearts broken, try to find a rebound, etc.

No demographic is perfect and no demographic is completely bad, either. We're just humans dealing with life. That's actually one reason why I like going to large mosques. the huge variety of demographics gives visual proof that our differences are usually superficial or insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Yes totally agree. You picked your name appropriately. Yes we don't agree but that doesn't matter to me. It's how you treat peeps. We should be able to love in spite of differences. I hope there's a lot more like you. It does give me hope.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I’m late to it- but hope you had a blessed holiday!

My brother in law is Muslim and I am very interested in attending the Mosque sometime. Unfortunately, he is about 4 hours away and it’s hard for me to get away much.

would you mind if I PM you with some questions?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join