It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relentless Youtube ad for Craftsy Unlimited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I watch a lot of YT videos and usually, ads are of a multitude of variety, rarely the same two times in a row. But for the last three days or so, for EVERY SINGLE video I view, regardless of topic, this ad comes up. I took a screen shot for all to see what I am referring to.

I don't know if this gal or business is related to someone at Google and they are helping her advertise but I think it's strange to have this level of advertising for this type of event. I have been thinking about this for a bit and I decided I would throw this out there because I would like others opinion and experiences. Also, please don't suggest if I don't like the ad, switch to a different search engine. I am not complaining about the ad, I am merely awed at the inundation of it.

Please oblige if you feel so inclined.

ETA: Where Tech Meets Touch

Craftsy was founded in Denver in 2010 by tech entrepreneurs John Levisay, Josh Scott, Todd Tobin and Bret Hanna. Today, we continue to live where high-tech meets handmade, delivering the very best in online consumer experience while constantly celebrating the unique value of real-world, hands-on craft.

edit on 11-6-2018 by StoutBroux because: Additional info

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Youtube is on a relentless crusade to force users to buy into Youtube Red, its $10.00 a month ad free subscription service.

I exercise while listening to Youtube vids and its gotten so bad I cant complete a set that they dont entirely hijack what I am watching/listening to with some endless rap concert.

I am looking for alternatives to Youtube. I wouldnt even mind a $10.00 a month subscription service but I refuse to give my money to Google.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've been seeing this a lot too. BUT, I'm a quilter so it's content-appropriate. I also see this in my Facebook ads, Google ads, etc. Angela is a great teacher and I love her designs, but yes, it does seem like the Craftsy ads have been showing more than most.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I use adblock on youtube.

I haven't seen an ad in a couple years.

It's free

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

A healthy dose of AdBlock will fix that problem, they want YT Red to dominate the newest trends.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I believe Real Video will be a great alternative to YoutTube. Is going to be independent of big corporations and will not be censoring content. Personally I can’t wait to switch.

real.video

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I believe Real Video will be a great alternative to YoutTube. Is going to be independent of big corporations and will not be censoring content. Personally I can’t wait to switch.

real.video

Haven't heard of that one! Glad to see someone going up against the PC Authoritarianism of YouTube!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Might try that. There's vimeo but I don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Hmm, I'll have to try that; didn't think YouTube allowed it. I have ABP.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
google thinks its so big that they can pick and choose what companies become successful or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

real.video

They do have a... "there are some limits to free speech" blurb, so I'm sure they'll still be censoring some things.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Highly recommend it.

Just make sure to whitelist ATS.

ETA:
Here is the CNET download page for AdBlock, just pick your OS. I use the original AdBlock so I am not sure what 'bonus' features the Adblock Plus has.
Cnet.com/adblock
edit on 6 11 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

real.video

They do have a... "there are some limits to free speech" blurb, so I'm sure they'll still be censoring some things.

Only illegal things.

new topics

top topics

join