It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relentless Youtube ad for Craftsy Unlimited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I watch a lot of YT videos and usually, ads are of a multitude of variety, rarely the same two times in a row. But for the last three days or so, for EVERY SINGLE video I view, regardless of topic, this ad comes up. I took a screen shot for all to see what I am referring to.

I don't know if this gal or business is related to someone at Google and they are helping her advertise but I think it's strange to have this level of advertising for this type of event. I have been thinking about this for a bit and I decided I would throw this out there because I would like others opinion and experiences. Also, please don't suggest if I don't like the ad, switch to a different search engine. I am not complaining about the ad, I am merely awed at the inundation of it.

Please oblige if you feel so inclined.

ETA: Where Tech Meets Touch

Craftsy was founded in Denver in 2010 by tech entrepreneurs John Levisay, Josh Scott, Todd Tobin and Bret Hanna. Today, we continue to live where high-tech meets handmade, delivering the very best in online consumer experience while constantly celebrating the unique value of real-world, hands-on craft.

edit on 11-6-2018 by StoutBroux because: Additional info

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Youtube is on a relentless crusade to force users to buy into Youtube Red, its $10.00 a month ad free subscription service.

I exercise while listening to Youtube vids and its gotten so bad I cant complete a set that they dont entirely hijack what I am watching/listening to with some endless rap concert.

I am looking for alternatives to Youtube. I wouldnt even mind a $10.00 a month subscription service but I refuse to give my money to Google.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've been seeing this a lot too. BUT, I'm a quilter so it's content-appropriate. I also see this in my Facebook ads, Google ads, etc. Angela is a great teacher and I love her designs, but yes, it does seem like the Craftsy ads have been showing more than most.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I use adblock on youtube.

I haven't seen an ad in a couple years.

It's free

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

A healthy dose of AdBlock will fix that problem, they want YT Red to dominate the newest trends.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I believe Real Video will be a great alternative to YoutTube. Is going to be independent of big corporations and will not be censoring content. Personally I can’t wait to switch.

real.video

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I believe Real Video will be a great alternative to YoutTube. Is going to be independent of big corporations and will not be censoring content. Personally I can’t wait to switch.

real.video

Haven't heard of that one! Glad to see someone going up against the PC Authoritarianism of YouTube!

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Might try that. There's vimeo but I don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Hmm, I'll have to try that; didn't think YouTube allowed it. I have ABP.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
google thinks its so big that they can pick and choose what companies become successful or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

real.video

They do have a... "there are some limits to free speech" blurb, so I'm sure they'll still be censoring some things.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Highly recommend it.

Just make sure to whitelist ATS.

ETA:
Here is the CNET download page for AdBlock, just pick your OS. I use the original AdBlock so I am not sure what 'bonus' features the Adblock Plus has.
Cnet.com/adblock
edit on 6 11 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

real.video

They do have a... "there are some limits to free speech" blurb, so I'm sure they'll still be censoring some things.

Only illegal things.

top topics

join