It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Memelivesmatter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
They've gone too far!

Fixed Source

This completely unacceptable.

Memes could be about to vanish from the web if the EU enforces its revamped copyright laws, say experts.
The proposed regulation will force websites to filter out text, audio, photos and video shared by users against an ever-expanding database of copyrighted works.

The EU is coming for our memes, they must be stopped!

Post your dankest memes in defiance!

Show them we don't want to live in a world without memes!

edit on 10-6-2018 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

It isn't just about meme's, it is about taxing the hell out of anyone linking to a website! How will that effect ATS? Imagine the snip storm when someone asks for a link/source?

The EU represents tyranny at it's worst and for those who promote globalism, they should take a step back and take a good hard look at the unelected bureaucrats of the EU who are running ruffshod over their elected government while their elected officials bow down in subservience.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

There are just so many of them!!!

The great memes wars continue and it keeps getting better!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The EU is insane. I think our international policy should distance ourselves from them.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I absolutely agree, but memes are something more people will be able to grasp and identify with.

And they're more fun than getting into yet another doom and gloom nwo globalism thread.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
All as the gas sales from Russia soar !!

Russia’s gas exports to Europe rise to record high

G(7)wiz Clyde !!

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The ones running the EU have always been disconnected from the common people. They think that the working class is just that, they do not want to pay attention to what they want, they decide what their citizens are allowed to have.

I do not see any sign of a change coming up, The UK cannot easily leave the EU. Most of their people do not want to be in the EU. But some of them are afraid to say it, maybe with this second vote the people of the UK will vote to remain Berexit since nothing much happened other than idle threats from voting to exit before. The EU thinks they can control everyone, nobody has a right to defy them in their minds yet they have no real power other than intimidation.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Okay,
But I fail to see what that has to do with dank memes...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This doesn't bode well.
And I'm the guy who never uses memes.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The left can't meme so they want to ban them.

Their standard operating procedure.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I absolutely agree, but memes are something more people will be able to grasp and identify with.

And they're more fun than getting into yet another doom and gloom nwo globalism thread.

I agree! Yet think of how tyrannical this law is.

Say you or I take a picture off of the internet and write some witty words on it to make it a meme. We upload it to a site and so that we can snip post it and if we would happen to live in the EU they will tax os for posting it from a site? This is what it is all about! Preventing people from sharing information that hasn't been approved by the government!

This law is bad for anyone who values the freedom of speech!

edit on 10-6-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Do you have a proper link? The link in the OP goes to an article about Apple TV.

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
The left can't meme so they want to ban them.

Their standard operating procedure.

THIS ⬆️

And the EU knows memes are part of globalism's downfall.

Think about it. Why else would they be banning them?

Nasim is not pleased

edit on 10-6-2018 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: watchitburn

I agree! Yet think of how tyrannical this law is.

Say you or I take a picture off of the internet and write some witty words on it to make it a meme. We upload it to a site and so that we can snip post it and if we would happen to live in the EU they will tax os for posting it from a site? This is what it is all about! Preventing people from sharing information that hasn't been approved by the government!

This law is bad for anyone who values the freedom of speech!

Have you read about the law? The link in the OP does not work, so I wonder if you even read up on it yet.

Here is a proper link that I have found:

nypost.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Fixed it, thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Question for the Anti-Trumpers out there that consider him a fascist and support the EU:

HOW IS THIS NOT A FASCIST MOVE?

Is it because it's a group chipping away at freedom of speech rather than an individual leader that you can label a dictator?

posted on Jun, 10 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

You're asking them form coherent thoughts. I wouldn't expect too much from them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join