It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditative Regression.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Hypnotic Regression is the process by which you enter a trance and recall material from deep inside that is normally not available to the conscious mind.

I've been experimenting with long sessions of deep meditation (my progress is documented here). My goal was initially, to experience the "void state", which I believe is tantamount to your consciousness temporarily becoming a condensate. However, during one of my deepest meditative sessions, I noticed that once I silenced the nearly endless chatter of the mind, I began to experience memories that had long been forgotten since childhood. While in meditation, the memories were lucid, but fleeting. I abstained from shifting my focus to those emerging memories, so they never took center stage in my mind. My hypothesis is that, had I chosen to focus on any specific emergent memory, I would have effectively 'uploaded' it into my conscious mind, and would therefore have access to it while in the normal waking, conscious state.

I'd like to know if anyone has experienced this phenomenon.

Have you experienced temporary recall of forgotten/repressed memories during meditation?

Where you able to bring those memories with you to the surface? If so, how?

How did this regression into forgotten/repressed memories affect you? Was it disturbing? Did it bring a sense of resolution? Did it have effects similar or identical to Jungian Shadow Integration?

If anyone is willing to share, I would love to hear your experience(s). I'm not so much interested in the details of your memories, but more in the impact they had on your conscious mind. Some memories are very personal, and should be kept private, only for you to know. Please keep that in mind before sharing.

edit on 7-6-2018 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If you want to explore the minds consciousness , please try sodium pentothal. But have your tape recorder handy and a trusted friend ask you questions. That is the highest form of meditation one can ever achieve in their life.

io9.gizmodo.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Haven't tried to access things I forgot or wanted to forget. I am more into trying to link with my subconscious and try to understand what it knows.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Haven't tried to access things I forgot or wanted to forget. I am more into trying to link with my subconscious and try to understand what it knows.

If you ask it politely, your subconsciousness will appear in a dream, usually it comes about in a dream of fear based upon your childhood diet.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My experience of regression was an unintended byproduct of trying to dissolve my body's sense of being, but I do think the forgotten memories came up from my subconscious mind...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: rickymouse

If you ask it politely, your subconsciousness will appear in a dream, usually it comes about in a dream of fear based upon your childhood diet.

Oh....Haven't remembered having any dreams about eating that rotted mackeral that my dad bought in a gallon keg when I was a kid. That was definitely something I could never forget, even if I get alzheimer disease I will remember how bad that stuff tasted, it was actually worse than the boiled woodchuck with the strong wild taste. I do not have bad dreams about those two foods, I cringe when I am awake and get reminded of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I believe a lot of it is phantasy. But who knows. I remember being a prostitute and worshipping a giant toe (I guess there was a statue but I really only saw the toe.
The trick is I guess to always hold on a bit to being "ankered in a wake state".

Who knows, how much of it is really real?
Can you find people from thepast who look like you?

posted on Jun, 8 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

even if I get alzheimer disease I will remember how bad that stuff tasted

Lmfao i was having a bad day but this..

:

Reminded me of that time i took a very deep drink of a very very spoiled milk bottle and didn't notice until it was too late

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Have you had any new experiences in your meditative states

new topics

top topics

join