It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At first glance this looks like a mistake: Video shows Arizona officers beating unarmed man

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

How about a concerted effort to “bug” cops and politicians? Maybe, live stream them when they don’t think they are being listened to?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Cops need to be monitored at all times. Audio and video. No exceptions.

I agree, with necessary and appropriate measures to protect privacy -- both the officers and citizens they interact with.

The only reason they would balk at this proposal is because they know that they would lose the ability to cover their own asses and manipulate evidence.

From what I've gathered, the officers on the street are mostly in favor of cameras, because they know those cameras protect them from unfounded claims. It's the unions and fraternities and police chiefs, etc., that oppose the cameras. In other words, the top brass. And it's one of the reasons I strongly believe far more pressure -- and blame -- needs to be placed squarely on their shoulders. The officers are responsible for their actions, but so are their bosses responsible for their actions -- and lack thereof.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

3 incidents. Pretty sure this department is also the one from February that roughed up an 84 year old woman.

LINK

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   
what happened to ME is ON TAPE....but because I am STILL WAITING to hear from the court...I cannot have ACCeSS to what happened....and I am waiting to get ACCESS to the closed circuit tape from the restaurant...the cops took that...I have NO PrOOF except the scars......nobody to police the police BUT the police!!!!!!

I BET you 100 bucks there are 100 cases of brutality for every 1 video that are NEVER seen.....maybe more.......some people are AFRAID of cops...and if you are not....then you have never had an experience with one.......but then again...since my experience...I have had nightmares and suffer from PTSD (worse than I had from my violent non cop experience that made me leave Chicago in 2016).a reply to: KansasGirl

edit on 6/7/2018 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It seems that police have watched The Shield a few too many times and they thought it was a documentary or training video.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
what happened to ME is ON TAPE....but because I am STILL WAITING to hear from the court...I cannot have ACCeSS to what happened....and I am waiting to get ACCESS to the closed circuit tape from the restaurant...the cops took that...I have NO PrOOF except the scars......nobody to police the police BUT the police!!!!!!

I BET you 100 bucks there are 100 cases of brutality for every 1 video that are NEVER seen.....maybe more.......some people are AFRAID of cops...and if you are not....then you have never had an experience with one.......but then again...since my experience...I have had nightmares and suffer from PTSD (worse than I had from my violent non cop experience that made me leave Chicago in 2016).a reply to: KansasGirl

Every word you said is true. The only people who stick up for police are the the ones who have not yet been victims. I hope you get your evidence and justice.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I get blown off all the time when I try to do exactly like you are doing...I get the "you should have followed instructions"...I was and AM innocent!!! I had a seizure...there was NO evidence I had committed a crime and I was unconscious when I was dragged through a parking lot, put into leather restraints and when in a hospital, woke up to 5 cops on top of me while they held me down to remove blood for a toxicology test. I was OUT COLD. I was never told of my rights. Not ONE medical personnel came into the room. I was on my back and I had just suffered a seizure, (the cops thought I had faked it!!!) My lawyer thinks the prosecutors are going to sweep my case under the table.....so NO police report or film has been made available to my lawyer for us to review......I have not even gotten the results of my toxicology results!!!!!! It has been 8 months.

I had to have the state of Arizona go after the hospital as the hospital states that it was the COPS fault that I have scars on my body (they put me in the restraints they claim) and the ambulance claims the cops told them I tried to "escape"
My husband tried to view the Closed circuit film from the restaurant where I was arrested....and the cops took the video.....so there is NO video...NO nothing.......I have to just wait and wait and wait.......my lawyer has NOTHING.....but i have LOTS of scars...nightmares....and I go weekly to my therapist for the nightmares....... a reply to: DigginFoTroof

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Im so tired of the double standard . They are so scared of us pulling a gun or whatever but tell us not to be scared of them.

Right??

The look on the other guys face in that video here, reminded me of how captives of mexican cartels look before they're hacked apart with a chainsaw.

I will NEVER trust a cop. Never has one ever given me reason to. ever.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

....some people are AFRAID of cops...and if you are not....then you have never had an experience with one.......

This is blatantly untrue and doesn't help. People have positive interactions with police officers every day all across the country. And with this obvious untruth, you have just discredited not only yourself to every person who knows better, but you also hurt the greater cause of fighting real abuse and excessive force.

I'm very sorry you had to suffer at the hands of cops, and I wish you luck in your efforts for justice.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I did NOT discredit myself...my reputation holds steady: I have not had ONE good experience with a cop. This has NOTHING to do with my reputation......I have had only a HAND-FULL of experiences...most of them watching my long haired husband dealing with them. They treat him like CRAP BECAUSE he has long hair. He probably makes more than THEY do as he is a very well paid electrical engineer....but he has LONG HAIR....what is the word I am looking for.....black people use it all the time...and I am not being racist here...I take Topamax and cannot find the word....but my husband has long hair and cops always ASSUME my husband smokes pot....or is up to no good....and cops are ALWAYS BUTTHOLES to him...always....andthis does NOT make me discredit myself by saying this...it's just MY experience......

so maybe it's just my bipolar black and white thinking...so let me reword it for you queen of the britons........it is MY experience that cops are jag offs...is that better "wording" for you? (wait...that's NOT the queen of the britons...too lazy to look it up now....should wear stronger readers)

a reply to: Boadicea

edit on 6/7/2018 by Cornczech because: i'm in a bad mood

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
It seems that police have watched The Shield a few too many times and they thought it was a documentary or training video.

More likely, they have been taking "Killology" classes, separate from their official training and with or without their department's knowledge or consent.

Inside the School Teaching Cops When It’s OK to Kill

“Are You Prepared to Kill Somebody?” A Day With One of America’s Most Popular Police Trainers

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
I did NOT discredit myself
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes, you did. And you just double-downed on your ignorance AND arrogance.

So let me be crystal clear: This is me telling you that you have lost all credibility with me (and no doubt others) who know better than your blanket accusations against ALL LEOs... a statement that you can not know. You cannot speak for every single person in every single interaction with every single LEO. Period.

I understand this is personal for you. I understand your anger and bitterness. My heart goes out to you and I wish you luck.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Thank you for correcting yourself, and speaking only for yourself and your experiences. The snarkiness wasn't necessary however. Nor was it appreciated. And for what it's worth, your own conscience and integrity should be far more important than what makes me happy... Queen of the (British) Icenis or not.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They released body cam footage of this incident and it shows that once they had this man handcuffed and were leading him to the elevator, they purposely slam his face into the elevator door. They then place a spit mask on him after claiming he spit on officers.

SOURCE

I do love this quote though:

"We are made of human beings and human beings make mistakes," said Mesa police Chief Ramon Batista.

And of course the union loves what they see:

"Based on what we've seen, we are, we feel strongly that the officers used the appropriate amount of force but again, this is something the report will tell," said Nate Gafvert, president of the Mesa Police Association.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I used to think that federalizing all police would make problems like this less systemic.

I now feel that a privatized police force in every state would be better. Non union, accountable, private employees under contract.

Bonus in hazard pay where applicable. Not all cops would get it.

Make companies fight for public support to win contracts with cities to police the communities they are welcomed in.

Bring back actual budgets not dependant on revenue generation from tickets and violations schemes on the public at large.

We have soldier cops in the US now. Thats not ok. They currently mostly protect thieves that steal the publics wealth with "officiated" papers.

edit on 6 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Tekaran

I didn't watch this video...

And yet you somehow think you know enough to comment intelligently on the facts of the situation? Oh dear.

But I will never stop saying, obey commands, and things won't escalate.

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true. I guess it helps when you don't bother to watch the video before pronouncing your judgment, eh?

I'm really sorry I upset you. But I had zero sarcasm when I said " it's clearly the LEO's took things too far, and should be punished". I was in no way saying that never happens. But in most all cases, video shows they were given a command, and the perp didn't follow directions. Again, it don't make a beatdown right in any means, but it could have been
averted

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

I'm really sorry I upset you.

Please save your condescension. It's wasted on me.

But I had zero sarcasm when I said " it's clearly the LEO's took things too far, and should be punished". I was in no way saying that never happens. But in most all cases, video shows they were given a command, and the perp didn't follow directions. Again, it don't make a beatdown right in any means, but it could have been
averted

And I had zero sarcasm when I pointed out that if you do not watch the video, then you have zero ability to comment with any intellectual honesty.

Likewise, I had zero sarcasm when I asserted the falsity -- your falsity -- that if everyone just obeyed and complied that they wouldn't get a beatdown.

But I appreciate that you clarified your previous blanket statement.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Im getting tired of hearing stuff like "its a minority of police who do this" when none of the other police stop it or speak against it. The "good" cops are just as guilty because they know who the loose cannons are and they let them get away with this. There is blood on everyones hands.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join