It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Report: North Korea Won't Talk With Nations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
North Korea has indicated that it no longer wishes one on one talks with the United States. Nor will it participate in six nation negotiations aimed at resolving the standoff over its nuclear program. This information was made public by China's state news agency. This announcement comes on the heels of the nation announcing that it had nuclear weapons.

story.news.yahoo.com
BEIJING - North Korea no longer wants to negotiate with the United States and four other nations in an effort to ease the ongoing standoff over Pyongyang's nuclear program, China's state news agency said Saturday.

The official Xinhua News Agency, citing an anonymous North Korea Foreign Ministry spokesman, said the official reiterated the communist regime's Feb. 10 decision to indefinitely suspend its participation in six-party nuclear disarmament talks. Those parties are the United States, the two Koreas, China, Russia and Japan.

Reviving the stalled talks has taken on greater urgency since North Korea's explosive but unconfirmed declaration earlier this month that it has become a nuclear power.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

As I have said before dealing with Kim is like dealing with my two year old. Its a classic toddler psychology. I did not get what I wanted, so I threw yet another tantrum ("We Have nuclear weapons") and since that did not work I'm going to sulk in a corner and not talk. Its classic and you could write a book paralleling Kims behavior and that of a poor behaving child. At any rate it has to come to one conclusion or another.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Shades of some ATS posters, huh?

Then treat him like a kid. Psychology should be used, diplomacy.

What happen if you slap a bad kid? You get NO results and more grief.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What happens if you bow to the tantrums. Will they go away or will they become more frequent? At some point its time for more than just a stay in the naughty corner and something more substantial.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
What happens if you bow to the tantrums. Will they go away or will they become more frequent? At some point its time for more than just a stay in the naughty corner and something more substantial.

IMO - we have 2 toddlers going at it - Kim and Bush, and Bush is the bully who started it.

Time for some grown-up intervention I say. Enough already.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Please, this has been going on since before Clinton was in office. And now we are seeing what the failure of containing Crazy Kim has brought us. Iran no doubt has seen the games he is getting away with and view a nuclear bomb as the key to future dealings.

How exactly has Bush been the bully here? By trying to find a diplomatic solutin? By trying to get the regional powers involved????????

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Are you saying we are left with no alternative but to attack?

You have fallen for the Bush propaganda, i'm afraid.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Whats that a smell....
a world war?? if you can't talk to them, force is the only way.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Are you saying we are left with no alternative but to attack?
You have fallen for the Bush propaganda, i'm afraid.

No I actually favor total isolation. Nothing in, nothing out. Starving out Kim is the way to go. Ugly yes, but the capacity of the US to invade North Korea is very limited at this point. Nor would an B-2 attack solve the problem as most of the facilites are no doubt underground and we have nothing in the way of HUMINT and would rely on stalaite imagery for targeting information. That would just push him to invade the south.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Whewwww...then I'm with you, Fred.

An attack would only prove suicidal.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Whewwww...then I'm with you, Fred.

An attack would only prove suicidal.

This must be some kind of first, you and I on the same page. Somebody check the conditions in hell
*runs off to check*

As I suspected Frozen with a chance of snow flurries

[edit on 2/19/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, surprise, surprise.

I dont just go against ya to hear myself argue (as some do
)

Now you know.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok, children stop the playing, now the news is kind of not clear actually, this news come from a “China’s state news agency” now how real it is, it is back up by an American one? Or is China trying to start some bad blood here.

Humm......we need more information.

I says “anonymous” NK foreign ministry “spokes man” so I am still not going to bite into it, Until is more reliable sources available.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just like the US might aid the Taiwanese in case of attack, the Chinese might aid Nkorea in case of attack, that's why I think it's a stalemate and nothing will happen...but in the meantime, regardless of his bluff Kim will work towards more and longer range missiles. I don't know to what extend the chinese really control their dog on a leech, because his megalomanic behaviour must cause some concerns in Beijing as well.

The U.s. might reconsider attacking nuclear roguestates (in the eyes of us government) once they got a watertight missileshield in place. from a strategical point of view They must hurry up, because nukes are increasingly proliferating .

thoughts?

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I agree that, they have the power and they will keep on making them, what will happened at the end is that US will work into making them bigger and better.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ok, children stop the playing, now the news is kind of not clear actually, this news come from a “China’s state news agency” now how real it is, it is back up by an American one? Or is China trying to start some bad blood here.

Yes Mom

The U.S. does not have a "state news agency" but this is sourced from an Assosiated Press article. The China angle is an interesting one however? I remain convinced is that the Bush Administation is championing China in this matter for the following reasons:
1) China has pull if they can resolve the issue its a win.
2) If China can't it loses prestige in the region and its also a win

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I love it,

Any way in the meanwhile NK will be working even harder to increased their stockpiles while the US debate about who and what to believe.

I think China will care less at the end.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
countermeasures, I agree that North Korea is working on improving it's capabilities, longer range missles, better systems, while the talk continues, but I think it's too late to use force. Even if it was all talk, with no nuclear weapons, it's too late to call their bluff.

The dynamics changed immensly when Japan and Condi sat down and ageed to support Japan. China wouldn't lift a finger to intervene, now, unless there is some kind of negotiating going on between China and us regarding Tiwan. It wouldn't surprise me to see us back away from our new position on Tiwan. Should that happen, North Korea has to worry about China again.
Still too early to know, but not much time. Either way--when a country goes nuke, too late to talk them out of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Ah, so Taiwain is virtual trademoney in this monopolygame?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
come on there is other alternatives........can anyone spell "false flag".

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
In so many other threads here on ATS, I've heard people say "Why shouldn't N. Korea and Iran have nuclear weapons?"

So I say, let them have their nukes. Let the US haters handle the problem. Give them the scenario they want.

/sarcasm

<<   2 >>

join