It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts came before it happened (First time)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interesting old realist arguments, Phage.
But aren't you trying to universalise your own experiences when others' could be wildly different?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Whoops. Pressed send twice. Deleted.
edit on 4-6-2018 by bw1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bw1000

Who you calling old?

I've heard stories. But that's about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Well you know the saying, you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

(edit: oops! just a figure of speech, Phage
)

edit on 4-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It's an old trick, actually.

Trick of the mind, attempting to make connections out of random events.

edit on 6/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Who you calling old?

I've heard stories. But that's about it.

Given what I've postulated about core dimensional pre-determination, by entities I don't believe to be good or intelligent (perhaps to say the least) ...
... maybe you're in a better place.
Maybe X Files style weirdness in life is a symptom of a bad fate, and lucky people just don't get that.

Then also, if such pre-ordainment can come in and out of your life or be stronger or weaker at any time, relative to other kind of protocols or ideas, then maybe it could be you've got some strange experiences possible in your future.

Anyway, I suppose the pre-determination by intellectually challenged entities could be going on in your life anyway. It's just that the entities decided not to insert the spooky moments into your lived out story. Alternatively, maybe you got the decent entities who pre-rranged your life. (Nothing to say I suppose, that, if true, it would need to stay like that though.)

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I have to say, though it lightens things and makes talking about this easier, being serious where it's due I'm not comfortable with half dismissing this as "X Files weirdness".
It could be a kind of discrimination against maybe a sort of mode of being.
Maybe that could even have the effect of dampening the occurrence of the mode, or your noticing it - where maybe also the mode is more supposed to be prevalent, or important in life.
I bet there are stories of ancient societies somewhere who really did believe such a mode was important in life and ought to prevail.

On the other hand, and for another theory, I feel the "mode" to me, if dwelt upon too much, can come out close to the "divine ordering" kind of modern way of thinking and being (such as in the film "The Secret"). A way of thinking and being which I disapprove of and tend to think of as something like witchcraft.

I'm not saying the OP's experience was like "divine ordering" by any means, just that to some people it could lead to that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

It's an old trick, actually.

Trick of the mind, attempting to make connections out of random events.

This undeniably happens anyway.
As I am diagnosed myself - actually - with narcolepsy, discussing this subject - spookily?! - with someone calling themselves NarcolepticBuddha, I could very easily infer some arranged organisation instead of innocent coincidence.

Equally, who's to say there isn't an external organisation about this simple coincidence?

But actually, I say, I know there is a pre-arranged external organisation.
It's not just that I say I know also.
Though I can't explain it exactly and don't understand it (and neither am I going to go into it), I know.
I do know. I actually know.
I really know. Not just am sure. I know I know.

I also really dislike it.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Eat your fill. You apparently have a taste for low-hanging fruit.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Certainly nothing to base actual decisions upon.

It works out for me all the time. Why do you think some people are so much luckier than you?

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Interesting thoughts. Who knows for sure? Not I.

Rage on brother.

posted on Jun, 4 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: chr0naut

Eat your fill. You apparently have a taste for low-hanging fruit.

There's fruit too?

I like fruit but I've hardly left any space.

posted on Jun, 5 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Some people have it happen more often than others. I’m a firm believer in people being mentally linked, and the closer you are with that person the stronger the bond.

I’ll give two quick personal examples. I was 16 at my grandmothers on a Sunday evening. All of a sudden I had this horrible, overwhelming sadness. I sat there for a few minutes and then decided to take the fifteen minute drive home. When I turned on my street, all of the neighborhood kids I had grown up with were standing in the road. I got out of the car and everyone was crying. Our neighbor, my childhood best friend had suddenly died about half an hour earlier. That awful feeling made sense then. I’m positive I felt it.

The 2nd time didn’t involve death, but a similar experience. I was 22 and my first true love and I had been having some issues after being together for four years. She had been staying at her moms for a few weeks and one night I was laying on the couch watching a movie. Halfway through I had the exact same feeling as mentioned above, that awful emotional pain. I drank a couple of beers and then my cell rang. It was my girlfriend (or ex) and she told me she was almost at my house, wanting to talk. She came in and sat next to me, and as I could tell she was visibly shaken. She began to cry and said “about an hour ago I made a mistake. I slept with someone else.” I simply responded “well that explains that feeling, at least nobody is dead.” That evening was the ultimate destruction of our relationship, engagement, etc. It took both of us quite a time to heal, ultimately I had to move away.

I guess what I’m trying to say is I firmly believe that our psyche has far more awareness that our physical body. Your story has a lot of substance to it, especially considering that you had not seen or spoken to this person in a long time. I could even go as far as to say that it was a bit of a premonition of sorts. Your psyche was aware that someone from your past, that you had a link with (it doesn’t have to be positive) was going to cross your path. Almost as a sign of warning.

I often mediate and try to stimulate my Pineal Gland (third eye) to keep this stuff a bit more active and under control. Binaural beats and mantra chant works the nest for me if you’re interested.

S & F

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join