It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men nearly caused human extinction 7,000 years ago, new theory states

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"So any sort of extinction sort of scenario? Not so much. "

But within possibilities. The energies (20 keV to 100 keV) are near equivalent to a full body CT scan (80 keV to 150 keV) and no-one has been scanned for 12 hours a day over years or even decades. But my guess if it wasn't dangerous, doctors and nurses wouldn't be hiding behind shielding. So its long term affect might very well affect sperm production over entire populations. If that was the case I'd expect to see similar dna bottle neck in other animals.

Cannot prove that Sagittarius A* was having a snack or not, some 7000 years ago.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The energies (20 keV to 100 keV) are near equivalent to a full body CT scan (80 keV to 150 keV) and no-one has been scanned for 12 hours a day over years or even decades.

That makes no sense. You are talking about wavelengths as opposed to flux.

Cannot prove that Sagittarius A* was having a snack or not, some 7000 years ago.
Correct. We won't know about it for 26,000 years or so.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that we need another burst of cosmic radiation in order to evolve more and finally get super powers.

I am quantum man. Called it.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

So what you are saying is that we need another burst of cosmic radiation in order to evolve more and finally get super powers.

Well, it worked for the Fantastic Four.

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Harte

What turned real people into comic book characters?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Harte

I'm not sure, but I saw the reverse of the process on a documentary called "The Simpsons."

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Harte

I'm not sure, but I saw the reverse of the process on a documentary called "The Simpsons."

Harte

Had I seen that I might have had a cow.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Harte

Harte

Had I seen that I might have had a cow.

It's true!

link

Harte

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

That scene originally aired October 29, 1995.
Disturbing proof of a universal experience near the astral vortex.
At least for math geeks..

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's possible for the genome replacement to happen without a cataclysm happening at all. It could be a simple case of invasive species.

A "man from Krypton" scenario.

Step 1: A group of advanced hominids, basically modern homo-sapiens evolves on one side of
a geographic barrier. (Say a desert, or mountain or body of water.)

Step 2: One lone member of this group gets separated from them, and crosses the barrier.

Step 3: On the other side of that barrier he finds all of the hominids are far less advanced than his subspecies. His flint tools and ability to plan successful hunts exceeds theirs by such a degree that the first tribe he finds makes him their leader.

Step 4: All the ladies in that tribe want to mate with him. Even the men want him to mate with their daughters, so they can have super-amazing grand children.

Step 5: His sons, grand sons, and great grand sons get the same reception.

Step 6: After a few generations all the tribes' Y chromosomes have been entirely replaced by his.

Step 7 : The tribe is now so much more powerful than all the other tribes in their region that they can freely take any and all resources they desire. Taking any hunting grounds they want. Killing off or absorbing any other tribe that stands in their way.

Step 8 : They grow, and grow, and grow some more.

Step 9: After expanding into all the available space, they eventually cross the geographic barrier and encounter their forefathers' original people. They meet in battle, and the original "Kryptonian" tribe is vanquished.

After that, all future generations of humans have this guy's Y chromosome.

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
a reply to: luthier

Generally yes, but the DNA evidence they're putting forward shows 1 mating male per 17 mating females. You can trace patrilineage (male ancestor) using chromosomal evidence. From that information alone are they leaping to this "men killed each other" conclusion.

More like the women killed off the man. 1 man @ 17 women....geesh ! Could only keep that up for so long. ( no pun intended but what the hey, I'll claim it)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join