It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How many people sometimes just sit down and look at the stars at night? Do you think about space? Do you ponder life? I think it is a peaceful time for me and a good time to think about what is happening in the world today. What about you?

BTW: Not sure if this is in right place, so mods please move it if needed

-Peace

-Mac

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Chit Chat is most absolutely the right place for this topic. And to answer your question. I used to but have falen away from the habit. And I too would ponder some of the same questions you brought up. I guess life has spee up for me as of late or I have become to focused on things rather than ideas.

I hope it's a clear night tonight......

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
When I was younger (meaning no hubby and son) I used to hang around with aload of mates, and we would be out all night, till the sun came just walking and talking along the beach.

working our way up to the massive grave-yard that was up the top of town (in Dover - Kent - UK) where we would flake-out on tomb's and grave stones etc, just staring up at the sky.

those where the days (sounding old and sad, must stop) but I know what you mean Mac223, it was really relaxing just watching the stars and clouds, wishing you were somewhere else!

think I know where your coming from

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I do that sometimes, not just to look at the stars, but because the air is so much fresher at night.........trouble is, lot's of planes flying from cardiff go by at night which gets annoying....the flashing lights put you off the stars

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
chebob I must be just across the channel from you then in Clevedon (nr Bristol)

Yeah, I do like just to look up at night and just chew on the idea of the vastness of the Universe, unfortunetely there is so much light pollution we don't get a 'proper' night sky.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I was up in Cardiff 2 weeks ago on a day out with the girls (as they say) piss-up really, was good though.

I used to live in Bristol a few years ago, my son was born there as well.

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
I was up in Cardiff 2 weeks ago on a day out with the girls (as they say) piss-up really, was good though.

I used to live in Bristol a few years ago, my son was born there as well.

blackwidow

It's a small world..........my Girlfriend comes from Kent as well.....

Cardiffs a pretty decent place (oriental arts is the best shop in Wales along with Spillers)......but the damn aeroplanes!! Ah well.........

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Yep...I often ponder on the vastness of the universe, too. It is very relaxing, just watching the sky, wondering about life and the universe, and having maybe some kind of drink with you. I first started wondering about space and ET life and stuff, when I was young, my dad went outside a lot at night, so we would sit there and discuss the universe, I still do that to this day

A very good time indeed

-Peace

-Mac

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Where does your girlfriend come from in Kent?

I lived in Dover for 15 yrs and Folkestone for 2 yrs

blackwidow

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I can only lie down and look at stars with interest when I am away from the competing lights of urban life.

Sitting in pitch black with no street lights, no house lights, no noise and no extraneous stupidity, the stars are one of the most inspiring phenomena that exist. That, and ocean waves, and your own mind.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As you just can't see too many in the city.... So, when I'm camping, or visiting my grandparents, etc.....

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I love looking out of my window at night and staring up at the stars.

Whilst in Cyprus a week or so ago, I sat outside on the balcony of my apartment and looked up at the stars for ages. The sky was a really dark Navy colour. It was so magical.

Like a big thick dark blanket full of little flickering lights..

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I have a huge fascination with the night sky, stars and moon...Sometimes (and don't think I'm totally nuts) but I just lay on the ground and stare at the moon and talk to it, in my mind of course
I don't really do this much anymore as when I was younger..I'm quite the loner LOL!

Over here, there are tons and tons of shooting stars..the stars here seem closer and more vivid then in the states..So yes, I do this and it is so very peaceful and relaxing, sometimes I feel like I'm in a trance just staring into the sky at night.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
~Mag~

Do you believe if you wish upon a shooting star your wish will come true...

Just reminded me of a film I once saw...

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:35 AM
link   
"Twinkle, twinkle, little star, tell me what you think you are. Up, above, in the sky......."

When I used to live in New Hampshire, I used to do it all the time. It was made even more awe-inspiring when it was combined with the Northern Lights.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket
~Mag~
Do you believe if you wish upon a shooting star your wish will come true...
Just reminded me of a film I once saw...

I most certainly do believe this..but here, there are far too many to have that many wishes granted..I'm not overly greedy
I only make about 20 wishes a week hehe! But they are little tiny wishes..
Magestica

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Where does your girlfriend come from in Kent?

I lived in Dover for 15 yrs and Folkestone for 2 yrs

blackwidow

Oh, in Gillingham......I don't know how far away that is, is it close?

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
I can only lie down and look at stars with interest when I am away from the competing lights of urban life.

Sitting in pitch black with no street lights, no house lights, no noise and no extraneous stupidity, the stars are one of the most inspiring phenomena that exist. That, and ocean waves, and your own mind.

I like it when the power is completely off. No buzzing, no lights. No crud. Just starlight and moonlight.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To be honest, a pitch black sky with bright stars kind of freaks me out. I am much happier with bright lights surrounding me, but it is kind of neat once I get over being alarmed at how dark it is. I honestly cannot remember when I was out in the country in the nighttime last, though.

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
dude, looking at the stars is one of my favorite things to do. but thinking about them too much gets me thinking about things that are beyond my comprehension, and that leads to insanity! space is so awesome, too bad we really dont knwo whats out there!~

PeAcE

top topics

join