It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney to step down for health reasons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Condi to replace Cheney next year?

Who knows if this is just more rumors or not. But sooner or later Cheney will step down because of health reasons i think.

Maybe he has been planing this for some time, but just stayed on to help get Bush re-elected.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
...and Condi will step in to his shoes, and be the Republican candidate for pres in 08.
The "higher ups" wanted Colin Powell to be the black face of conservatism, but things didn't work out as planned, Alma wanted no part of politics.
Condi potentially splits the black vote and breaks the back of the dems.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realist05

Condi potentially splits the black vote and breaks the back of the dems.

Ummm......no.

Condi simply reaffirms the Liberal stance that the current administration is a war mongering power hungry administration that makes decesions based on war and not peace. Bush and Condi are two of the most violent leaders this country has ever had.

As far as Condi splitting the black vote, well that is a farce as well. Most black people view her with disdain and a sense of backstabbing her own people.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i could see it..she has known jr. for a few years..back in TX. liberal???.. she is hand in hand with the current admin....she is the emotional liberal relief....on the surface.... that is presented to the public

imagine this...dick steps down, condi steps up.......condi and hilary in '08......
scarey, scarey.............

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Okay now I am confused , I thought the head of the senate took over not the person that Condi is.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Condi is an Aunt Jemima and the Black voters know it. When the president has not spoken to the NAACP, nor any african american group besides for photo ops or just to say he has, the african american vote notices.

There are better choices I think for a VP if cheny steps down. I have heard some Pro-bush people thinking rumsfeld would do good, and it is even more likely now that we have the Intelligance Czar position, which seems to irritate rumsfeld that his DIA has to go thru Negroponte

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Condi is an Aunt Jemima and the Black voters know it. When the president has not spoken to the NAACP, nor any african american group besides for photo ops or just to say he has, the african american vote notices.

There are better choices I think for a VP if cheny steps down. I have heard some Pro-bush people thinking rumsfeld would do good, and it is even more likely now that we have the Intelligance Czar position, which seems to irritate rumsfeld that his DIA has to go thru Negroponte

NAH Rumsfeld almost left cause those two couldnt get along and now Bush dumped on Rumfeld by appointing that new guy over all intelligence and budget for same , that just pee peed in Rumsfelds post toasties that much more.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It is too bad that brilliant people, and Richard Cheney is a brilliant man at least as a specialized career personality, actually believe in mass pharmaceutical and allotropic medicine. Believing propaganda from a corporate controlled FDA, and medical establishment is entirely stupid when compared with your own health. To think anyone including Clinton as a Rhodes Scholar would exclude from their undertanding the Linus Pauling studies that clear plaque of the arteries, is downright beyond the pale. Apparently specialized knowledge excludes things as much as it includes the focus of ones studies. In that light perhaps our leaders are of an insufficient generalist modality to acquire immense power associated with high office.

Even the Pope apparently does not care to investigate the more effective nutritional treatments possible for his Parkinson's symptoms and health related issues. Not to depart too much from the theme of this posting, it seems a point of ignorance recently for the Papacy to lambast the west for an "obsession with health," and advocating "redemptive suffering."

Imagine just taking Vitamin C, lysine, and Vitamin E and other things, can avoid thousands and hundreds of thousands of dollars in heart surgery! Are these people afraid that when they gain their health and well being, that they might acquire a more formulative and sophisticated conscience or something?

[edit on 19-2-2005 by SkipShipman]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Please, dont let this be true.

She wont stand a chance anyway. People will be looking for a "fresh" face, or at least a face without involvement in this current fiasco we call government.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Okay now I am confused , I thought the head of the senate took over not the person that Condi is.

You are thinking of the 25th Amendment that outlines the rules of succession if both the President and Vice President should die or become incapacitated, which starts with the Speaker of the House.

Under Section 2 of the 25th Amendment, if the Vice Presidency is vacated, the President nominates a new VP, who will have to be confirmed by Congress (both houses). I believe that this amendment was ratified in the late 60's as a result of Kennedy assasination and the lack of clear rules of succession for the Vice Presidency.

So if Cheney stepped down, the president would be free to nominate Condi, but she would have to pass a Congressional approval hearing.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by lmgnyc]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lmgnyc

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

You are thinking of the 25th Amendment that outlines the rules of succession if both the President and Vice President should die or become incapacitated, which starts with the Speaker of the House.

Under Section 2 of the 25th Amendment, if the Vice Presidency is vacated, the President nominates a new VP, who will have to be confirmed by Congress (both houses). I believe that this amendment was ratified in the late 60's as a result of Kennedy assasination and the lack of clear rules of succession for the Vice Presidency.

So if Cheney stepped down, the president would be free to nominate Condi, but she would have to pass a Congressional approval hearing.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by lmgnyc]

I understand now see I told you I was confused , thanks for the filler.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think it all depends on what happens over the next two years. If the problems with Iran, North Korea and Syria are peacefully resolved and Bush is able to focus on domestic policy, I can see Cheney stepping aside so Rice can rise to VP to be groomed for a 2008 run. However if we get involved in a new conflict or tensions are really high, Bush will want Cheney and Rice to stay where they are.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Condi will split the black vote like Ann Coulter would split the transvestite vote. In other words, it wouldn't.

link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think it all depends on what happens over the next two years. If the problems with Iran, North Korea and Syria are peacefully resolved and Bush is able to focus on domestic policy, I can see Cheney stepping aside so Rice can rise to VP to be groomed for a 2008 run. However if we get involved in a new conflict or tensions are really high, Bush will want Cheney and Rice to stay where they are.

So you think his health isnt that bad or something and this step down is just a preorchrastrated , I dont think so but could be.

link   
And will it matter what Bush wants in 2008?

Hope not.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I don't think Cheney has any health issues that would require him to step down with such notice. If he has a heart attack or something it will hit swiftly and he might have to step down immediately no matter what's going on.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Skip, what an observation! I think that too, except I also add that it is better to never give up smoking or drinking or any such thing since it makes you less likely to want to live anyway, apart from being more healthy in all the other usual ways.

I think there is room for both kinds of meds - jeez knows that there are plenty of things that exist now that didn't back when only the natural remedies were in use. But a lot more integration between the various disciplines is needed. Herbal meds, various kinds of bodyworks, acupuncture, homeopathy, they at least should all be way more integrated with usual medical care. One I wince at is the way some bones are re-set, there are methods of re-setting bones that don't even use any instruments at all. Sound healing will probably turn out to be the 'holy grail' as far as healings are concerned - forget keyhole surgery and lazering out tumors, sound therapy will be the big one.

As to Dick, he will probably just run things from wherever he goes anyway. That's the way to do it! Didn't he take over running the American govt. from Kissinger when Ford got in? lol. "Go back to bed America, your government has it all figured out for you"

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
God, I hope so.

I'm absolutely frothing with anticipation. Condi's negatives can be exploited higher than her positives. We can run attack ads repeating her 9/11 hearings over and over again. To the best of my knowledge, she's never run for public office before in her life, and her speaking skills are easily one of her greatest faults.

Basically, if I were running Condi for public office, I would be terrified to let her talk. She gets too easily rattled, stutters too frequently, and is simply unable to be spontaneous and clear at the same time. Things that absolutely topedo any Woman running for office.

Not to mention that Condi keeps the 9/11 door wide open for criticism, the invasion of Iraq (and the only way that doesn't hurt her, is if things don't get any worse over the next 4 years), and her future record as Secretary of State in a world that hates us. PLUS, she's got the albatross of all of Bush's policies hung around her neck (Think Gore in 2000), and Condi is a highly vulnerable, highly poachable candidate.

Right now, people like Bush, but are still unsure of his agenda. They don't want to believe that decisions might be wrong. If I were writing attack ads, I would blame it on Condi for "leading our president astray". For giving our amazing, honorable leader bad intel and poor advice.

That way, we give Bush supporters an out, and capitalize on their lingering doubt, without them feeling like they betrayed their beloved president.

Besides, come 2008, Bill Frist is going to eat her alive, and that makes me even happier. Conservative vs. Moderate agendas are going to makes things very interesting. Will the Fundies come out in record numbers to vote for a Pro Choice, pro gay rights Republican? Probably not. Will America come out and vote for a hardliner conservative? Definitly not.

This current conservative movement is nothing more than a facade, fueled by fear, and the loyalty to the flag during war. That isn't to say that millions of liberals are suddenly voting for the other side. What it means, is that normally moderate people are having to make unpopular adult decisions during a time adversity. It is not, however, unwaivering approval for the Religious Right's agenda, a lesson the GOP is going to learn very quickly.

Bottom line: This Condi movement is nothing more than a reactionary move against the would be candidacy of Hillary. Hillary won't win the Democratic nomination, because she's too polarizing and Howard Dean hates her. Dean just led the great Donkey rebellion of 2005, directly challenging Bill and Hillary's hold over the party.

Look for an Edwards, Obama ticket from the blue side.

Regardless, Condi running would make me the happiest Democrat in the world.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Great post, Brimstone! I didn't know that there was such a thing possible as a happy democrat!

I'm not sure Frist would toast Condi in a debate, or that she would be willing to put up with what the MSM throws at Presidential candidates.
The key issue in '08 is if the dollar is still the world's reserve currency and if unemployment is below 8%.
If the answer is no to either , even Hatin' Howard could get elected.

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Realist05]

new topics

top topics

join