It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Russian Journalist Murdered O Maybe not ? Stinger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Read the news this morning Shot in the back Russia again popping off critics ?

Kiev (AFP) - Ukraine said Wednesday Russia's "totalitarian machine" was behind the murder of anti-Kremlin reporter Arkady Babchenko, prompting furious denials from Moscow. The prominent Russian war correspondent and former soldier was shot dead on Tuesday evening in an apparent contract-style killing in the stairwell of his building in Kiev. He had moved to the Ukrainian capital last year following a campaign of harassment in Moscow. The 41-year-old was the latest in a number of Kremlin critics to have been killed in Kiev in the past two years. Ukrainian police have opened a murder probe, saying they suspect the crime was linked to work. "I am convinced that the Russian totalitarian machine did not forgive him his honesty and principled stance," Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman said Tuesday. "A true friend of Ukraine who was telling the world the truth about Russian aggression. His murderers should be punished." An aide to the Ukrainian interior minister, Anton Gerashchenko, also pointed the finger at Moscow, writing on Facebook: "The Putin regime targets those it cannot break or intimidate." Many politicians and observers including Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin suggested Russia wanted to sow chaos in the country -- already wracked by a four-year conflict with pro-Russian rebels in the east -- ahead of presidential and parliamentary elections next year.

www.yahoo.com...

Then Later He allegedly appears at a news conference I wonder who was shot in the back ? Buzzzzz

Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko, widely reported to have been assassinated in Kiev on Tuesday, is alive and well. Mr Babchenko appeared at a press conference on Ukrainian television on Wednesday. Speaking at the press conference, the head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, confirmed the journalist was alive. This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

Mr Babchenko was supposedly found by his wife bleeding at the entrance to his block of flats, shot several times in the back, and died in an ambulance. The journalist apparently did not tell his wife that the murder had been staged. "Special apologies to my wife," he said.

www.bbc.co.uk...

twitter.com...

Weirdest press conference of my life. Babchenko is alive. It was part of a sting to uncover an attempt on his life SBU says organized by Ukrainian citizen funded with $40k from Russia

twitter.com...

edit on 30 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

According to the BBC article you linked to the "murder" was staged:

"The head of Ukraine's security services, Vasyl Hrytsak, told reporters the "murder" had been staged to expose Russian agents.
"According to information received by the Ukrainian security service, the killing of Russian journalist Arkady Babchenko was ordered by the Russian security services themselves," Mr Hrytsak said."

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Was just starting a thread on this. Be interesting to see how Russia side step this one.

His wife didn't even know, thats some serious undercover haha!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

More evidence that Ukraine has been hijacked by a bunch of unqualified morons that think a ploy like this would be effective or accepted.

I guess with all the western influence kindling the imposter government in the Ukraine, you can't keep them from watching Jason Bourne movies and creating delusions of grandeur.

It's like the sand box that kids play in was actually a real country.

/rant

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207
Was just starting a thread on this. Be interesting to see how Russia side step this one.

His wife didn't even know, thats some serious undercover haha!!

Russia will point and laugh. It's western media that will sidestep this farce and try and give it credence as a responsible operation.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Let us see who the perp is that they have arrested ? I presume he is Russian or associated with your mother country ?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Mr Babchenko was supposedly found by his wife bleeding at the entrance to his block of flats, shot several times in the back, and died in an ambulance. The journalist apparently did not tell his wife that the murder had been staged. "Special apologies to my wife," he said.

Whoa! I wouldn't want to be him when his wife gets a hold of him!!!

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Now she can kill him and say it was the Russians.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I am not even sure they have anyone under arrest. I was reading it was a former Russian assassin who contacted the Ukraine security services letting them know of a coming hit ?

As stated at a press conference after the special operation, Babchenko'sfamily was not informed of the plan. The journalist apologized in a live broadcast to his wife: "Special apologies to my wife, Olechka, there was no other option." Earlier it was reported in a police statement that his wife has found Arkady wounded and called the police and an ambulance. This is a contradiction that needs to be clarified. How did Ukraine's security services manage to reach an agreement with the perpetrator of the crime? The man who allegedly killed a journalist collaborated with Ukraine's security services. According to Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, after Ukraine's security services found out about the assassination plans, they managed to achieve cooperation with the perpetrator. But so far there have been no more additional details. That's not enough information to get the full picture of what really happened.

www.dw.com...

Before the revelations, the Kremlin had also taken the Ukrainian allegations seriously, with Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov denouncing them as part of an effort to stir up anti-Russian sentiments, directed in part by what he called Ukraine's "Western handlers." After the truth was revealed, the foreign ministry released a statement saying it was glad he was alive and calling the Ukrainian operation an "anti-Russian provocation."

abcnews.go.com...

Online English Newspapers link.

www.thebigproject.co.uk...-6yu4vyUn

edit on 31 5 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add a Little..

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Boadicea

Now she can kill him and say it was the Russians.

Hahhaha
Total classic

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Taaa Daaaa!

He ain't dead!

lol.

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well he had better be good at hiding.. The blazen goading will bring troubles..

A dissident Russian journalist has blasted "the keepers of morality" who criticized his faked assassination by Ukrainian authorities, and vowed to live long enough to dance on President Vladimir Putin's grave. In a Facebook post late on May 30, Arkady Babchenko promised to "die at the age of 96, having danced on Putin's grave" as well as taking a selfie standing on a tank" on Tverskoi [Bulvar in downtown Moscow]." He later wrote a post railing against "the keepers of morality, who are dissatisfied with the fact that I somehow wrongly, in their opinion, did not die.”

www.rferl.org...

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
That story is so big an deep, and nobody cares about it.
Want some news?

How was the official western MSM statement in the beginning?
Right:
Russia did it!

That´s what we call Fake News!

Let´s have a look now:

The alleged organiser of that alleged murder plot is a guy called Boris Hermann, the boss of a ukrainian-german joint venture with the "nice" name Schmeisser.

Ukrainia-German!
Not Russia!

novayagazeta.ru
Please us a trasnlator, also for the following, i am sorry, Facebook link of the lawyer of the actual suspect.

Think there will follow more, but some thing we know for sure now, u can´t trust the NATO states or such that want to be NATO states and are used by the NATO("east enlargement army"), you can´t trust the russia hating western sycophants around the russian border, like the Ukraine, as we learned now.

Nobody, really nobody i talked too, believes the official ukrainian suzper secret service story, not a bit of it.
Who will believe, from now on, any stories about russia killing journalists, even if they did it?
Thanks, "wonderful" and "guaranteed not Nazi and NeoNazi" Ukraine, journalists will love you for that silly move, for whatever silly reason you did it.

Guess they hoped they could make russia look bad, but who looks bad now?

Seems like the real liars and warmongerers look bad now!

And no, i don´t like russia, don´t want to live there, don´t even want to go for vacations there, and i don´t like KGB Putin too, but if the former allegedly "good" west(or it´s henchmen like the Ukraine) is delivering bad moves against russia almost daily, that make look even russia and Putin better than the "good" west, then the west has to listen what their citizens think about these bad moves, false flags and lies, just for the warmongerering reason!

edit on 31 5 2018 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
After this fantastic show of skills from the SBU, in preventing the murder of a journalist, according to SBU, maybe it is time to deliver some of the arrested journalists back to Russia, directly or via Belarus ... isn't it ?

posted on Jun, 3 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Why stage a murder then tell the world it was a staged murder?
I don't get it.

top topics

join