It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fascism 2.0

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Vellie Intalestink

How Theodor Adorno redefined Fascism

🎁🚬

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A fascist is merely a violent activist.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No, I just brought it up, because so often, you see them out acting angry, same with BLM, and many other protestors on the more left-leaning side of the spectrum. How about the pussy hat brigade? Those were some nasty women ... wasn't that the poem? It seems that was all about being an angry woman. There's that anger thing.

What about every time some conservative speaker comes to speak and angry protestors show up and get the speech shut down. That's anger and it leads to fascistic action, no matter how much those people claim to be acting against what they perceive to be fascism.

It is still anger that's moving them. It doesn't matter than no one is forced to go see those speakers, and you actually have to pay to attend ... they are so angry about those people's mere presence they they actively angrily try to prevent those people from speaking.

That is fascism in action, and it's the very thing this person is talking about in his Op-Ed.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The modern granddaddy of Fascism. It didn't turn out to well for Benny....

Who does he remind you of?
edit on 29-5-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The modern granddaddy of Fascism. It didn't turn out to well for Benny....

Who does he remind you of?

Reminds me of George C Scott.

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Free speech is the enemy of Facism. Look for those trying to shut down the free exchange of ideas and the voices of the oppressed and it will lead you right to the Facists. Those who favor restricting feee speech and support censorship are the enemies of liberty.

You might want to look into "The Intellectual Dark Web"

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toms54

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

because it doesn't exist on the political scale/spectrum, a "fascist" is neither left nor right, but by definition a "radical authoritarian nationalist" with dictatorship powers

"fascism" is anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism, which is why the ideology has been adopted by the far/extreme right (on a political scale) but not inherently "rightist" or "leftist"

another reason why horseshoe theory is complete nonsense

Fascism arose in Europe as a response to Bolshevism. I agree it's anti-liberalism, anti-communism, I don't know about anti-conservatism. If you like communism, everyone else looks fascist.

"horseshoe theory is complete nonsense" Yes, nevertheless it is what most people at ATS seem to believe. There is no difference between the two. I think they just perceive both as authoritarian systems and are against that.

You might want to check your history... blogs.bu.edu...

posted on May, 29 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: XAnarchistX

No, I just brought it up, because so often, you see them out acting angry, same with BLM, and many other protestors on the more left-leaning side of the spectrum. How about the pussy hat brigade? Those were some nasty women ... wasn't that the poem? It seems that was all about being an angry woman. There's that anger thing.

What about every time some conservative speaker comes to speak and angry protestors show up and get the speech shut down. That's anger and it leads to fascistic action, no matter how much those people claim to be acting against what they perceive to be fascism.

It is still anger that's moving them. It doesn't matter than no one is forced to go see those speakers, and you actually have to pay to attend ... they are so angry about those people's mere presence they they actively angrily try to prevent those people from speaking.

That is fascism in action, and it's the very thing this person is talking about in his Op-Ed.

It's hard for me to believe that I'm agreeing with you, but see with enough time you can find common ground with just about anyone.

Thank you for the lesson!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join