It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Double Down After New York Times Gets Busted Peddling Fake News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Mark Landler and David Sanger of The New York Times wrote an article arguing there were deep divisions between Trump and his advisors. To support the claim, the Times argued that Trump said a June 12 summit was still possible, while his top aides said it was “impossible”:

"As with so many issues involving this president, the views of his aides often have little effect on what he actually says. On Thursday, for example, a senior White House official told reporters that even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.

On Friday, Mr. Trump said, ‘It could even be the 12th."

President Trump responded by calling it fake news, tweeting:

Trump was incorrect when he said that The New York Times “quotes” the official. They actually characterized his remarks. But they definitely claimed a senior White House official said June 12 was impossible.

Media types rushed to The New York Times’ defense, claiming they heard a White House official say the “impossible” line in a background briefing they were privy to. Someone leaked audio of a background briefing that they said supported The New York Times’ “impossible” characterization.

You will note that at no time does the White House official say a June 12 meeting is “impossible,” and at no point does he agree that the “ship sailed” or that time has run out. He definitely says it would be difficult to prepare for the summit given the lack of time to do so

Recall that the whole point of their characterization was to say this official was at odds with Trump and that Trump wasn’t listening to his advisors. The fact that Trump and his advisors were not disagreeing with each other undermines the entire point of The New York Times story.

But rather than admit that The New York Times was incorrect, and their reporters aren’t good at listening to Trump advisors or accurately conveying their remarks, the media claimed that Trump was the one lying, since, well, White House advisors who give briefings exist. See, Trump said no source existed who said the June 12 date was impossible — but a source exists who did not say that. Ergo: Trump lied.

I’m sure you see the logical failures here, even if President Trump could have or should have said that The New York Times attributed fake news to a real source.

thefederalist.com...

And here we see another example of the media flat out lying to hurt trump.

Trump was right that none of his aides ever said they meeting couldnt be June 12. The medial lied about that, and the audio they released proved that.

Instead of admitting that they made this up, the media criticizes trump for saying there wasnt a real source who said this.

When technically, there was a real person, he just didnt say what the new york times claimed they said. In fact the thrust of their piece was wrong, and relied on this lie to make the point.

The medias willingness to lie to hurt trump, and then make excuses for or to cover up that liue shows why people rightfully dont trust them.

The anti trumpers on here would take a site like true pundit that would flat out make up a story based on a statement that was never given and rightfully skewer them for it.

Yet we see the New york times do this, and many msm people back them up when the audio proves they made the whole thing up, and these same anti trumpers will try to act like they are somehow still credible.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I posted this in another thread but it does fit this one :>)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I say good that they're doubling down. I don't trust the MSM, so I hope they keep doubling down as in the end it will be a greater fall.

But both sides seem to be playing a game of poker and keep raising... someone is going to lose the bet in the end. One side will fall hard and the other will be made to look better than they deserve.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It's bizarre how they tried to flip the blame for their lies onto Trump. These are the people tasked with informing the public. But at this point they have gone full on anti-Trump propaganda.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Another attempt to force the left to see their hypocrisy...

Don't hold your breath, but keep holding up the mirror!!!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Buckle the hell up peeps. As I mentioned in another thread I am going to say it again, the DeepState is running scared and expect an event the will be way worse than 911! The media is out of lies and they need something to distract the masses from their shackles......

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The Fake News canard was started much earlier, in China, where they were using it as justification to censor the internet. It's interesting how it found life over here.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

No the Official did not say what was reported but he is in fact a White House Official.
In that regard Trump should have known better and left that part out of his tweet.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

No the Official did not say what was reported but he is in fact a White House Official.
In that regard Trump should have known better and left that part out of his tweet.

No official who said what the NYT said exists.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Do you drink right wing water or left wing water.... just curious because when this criminal government goes down it isn't going to be pretty! I am prepared for it are you?

I mean seriously have you thought about it? No running water, no fast food nor store to buy food your toilet won't flush is all this political BS worth it?
edit on 28-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's crazy that we get worked up over stupid crap like this, whether someone said a certain date or not. Who cares? This is small fries compared to other stuff the media and/or Trump have lied about in the past and just goes to show they've gotten us to the point where well cry about anything and everything no matter how insignificant it is.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

The water I drink is soaked with my constitutional rights and mixed with some Jack for good measure. And yes I am fully prepared
I got my drones, guns, food and water purification needs and a whole host of other things.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's crazy that we get worked up over stupid crap like this, whether someone said a certain date or not. Who cares? This is small fries compared to other stuff the media and/or Trump have lied about in the past and just goes to show they've gotten us to the point where well cry about anything and everything no matter how insignificant it is.

It's very significant. The media is tasked with informing the public, not lying to them.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Trust me I am good to go.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The water I drink is soaked with my constitutional rights and mixed with some Jack for good measure. And yes I am fully prepared
I got my drones, guns, food and water purification needs and a whole host of other things.

It's funny to joke about it now while you have your modern day conveniences but will you joke about it when the power grid goes down?

I am giving you a hint comrade. These dirtbags in Washington DC care about themselves and their families, the don't give a ffffff about us!!!
edit on 28-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The media is out of lies and they need something to distract the masses from their shackles......

They've had us distracted for years now, what ever happened with Hillary's emails or Russian collusion? Oh yeah, they're still beating those dead horses after years of us chasing the carrot.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ya know, if you guys would stop circulating the NYT for them, they'd probably go away.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's only significant to those who are under their spell, that includes those who believe them and those who spend every waking moment trying to point out their lies.

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The media is out of lies and they need something to distract the masses from their shackles......

They've had us distracted for years now, what ever happened with Hillary's emails or Russian collusion? Oh yeah, they're still beating those dead horses after years of us chasing the carrot.

If you are trying to tell me the Corporate run media is full of lies I agree with ya!

posted on May, 28 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I am not worried about that and can’t wait for the day to come. I embrace it and I am not just some young punk that spends all day on youboob. If you think for a second that I am not prepared for when SHTF then you are highly underestimating me. Oklahoma born and bred.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join