It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't trust the news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Not because of the stories or content, but because of the immediacy of how everything is told. It's a con.

Not a #ing lot is happening.

Ever heard how physical reality is mostly empty space, due to the area between floating atoms?

Stuff that happens is DWARFED by the collective interim.

People become junkee's for anxiety and quick, shallow cognition because it's a particular mould you can take in life in a flawed system.

I dunno. And that's perfectly natural because you dunno more than you know - get it?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It seems that the news these days is more on the entertainment side of the marketing of "lets get the viewer all worked up".

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If anyone thinks 300 hundred Russians or Syrians where killed I have a Oprah house in Sidney to sell you.

I doubt it was more than 30.The majority of which would be from the air attacks. Its standard propaganda of all sides to inflate numbers killed to make the public think "our" troops are super human.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: throwaway115

Certainly - 24 hour news has meant that being first to report is more important than being accurate and standards have nosedived.

Certainly true it's used as entertainment too, if it bleeds it leads. Every day millions of things happen around the world, a tiny fragment of these are deemed important and captured on film. This is then edited, removed from context, broadcast as an emsotional spectacle and called news.

We see horrific images of bombings, war, famines, genocide and torture but there's no in depth information as to why these things are happening and what can be done to stop it. The net effect is political apathy (or in the US where the concept originated the public are reduced to arguing with each other instead of using their full constitutional rights to hold government and companies to account - i.e buy one share in a dodgy company for a few dollars use your rights to gain access to all shareholder meetings (private), profit forecasts with upcoming projects (private) and full financial records (private). Which is used together can expose corruption and get said company closed, fined or forced to stop dodgy practices.

Journalism is meant to act as the Fourth Estate keeping business and government transparent and held to account. Instead it's now acting as Gatekeeper deciding which information does and doesn't get out
edit on 26-5-2018 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Certainly - 24 hour news has meant that being first to report is more important than being accurate and standards have nosedived.

Certainly true it's used as entertainment too, if it bleeds it leads. Every day millions of things happen around the world, a tiny fragment of these are deemed important and captured on film. This is then edited, removed from context, broadcast as an emsotional spectacle and called news.

We see horrific images of bombings, war, famines, genocide and torture but there's no in depth information as to why these things are happening and what can be done to stop it. The net effect is political apathy (or in the US where the concept originated the public are reduced to arguing with each other instead of using their full constitutional rights to hold government and companies to account - i.e buy one share in a dodgy company for a few dollars use your rights to gain access to all shareholder meetings (private), profit forecasts with upcoming projects (private) and full financial records (private). Which is used together can expose corruption and get said company closed, fined or forced to stop dodgy practices.

Journalism is meant to act as the Fourth Estate keeping business and government transparent and held to account. Instead it's now acting as Gatekeeper deciding which information does and doesn't get out

As an outsider looking into the American way of broadcasting news, "any news", I have to agree with you.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

As an American having grown up with it my entire 40+ years, I absolutely concur as well. Though, the insanity is even worse from the inside if you pay attention.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No one trusts the news now...even Seniors do not believe it anymore....lol...it is low value entertainment now....and it is slowly being recognised for the control mechanism that it really is....everyone knows the Networks are privately owned and are simply tools to manipulate our world views and to control us in every way possible.

IMHO thee should already be multi-billion dollar lawsuits being filed against these MSM owners who use their businesses as tools of personal profit.

There should be no allowances societally for this type of control of the masses...this MUST be a controlled dynamic.....choices MUST BE GIVEN.....only online can you find choices....hence it is time to put MSM out of their ever-luvin misery...at will only take one or two massive lawsuits to shut em down for good....Trump and Friends are already on it.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Nothing has really changed only the method of delivery and the many people on the internet who know better..

"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."
-Mark Twain

There is so much propaganda that it is difficult to sift through all the B.S.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: throwaway115
Not because of the stories or content, but because of the immediacy of how everything is told. It's a con.

Not a #ing lot is happening.

Ever heard how physical reality is mostly empty space, due to the area between floating atoms?

Stuff that happens is DWARFED by the collective interim.

People become junkee's for anxiety and quick, shallow cognition because it's a particular mould you can take in life in a flawed system.

I dunno. And that's perfectly natural because you dunno more than you know - get it?

Just like Trump says.. In fact.. EVERYTHING he says too.. Is all.. and every single thing he says or does, states and retracts.. is ALL FAKE NEWS.

Trump said so.. So there.. Even the Prez... Is fake news.. Let's just think about that now shall we?

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This post is making a lot of good points in general, and I honestly don't think that the "News" is 1/20 as unbiased and purely factual as the journalists pretend to.
But, if we're being honest here, I tend to believe news just a bit more then it's random given to me by a Mysterious Stranger.

posted on May, 26 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: mysterioustranger

This post is making a lot of good points in general, and I honestly don't think that the "News" is 1/20 as unbiased and purely factual as the journalists pretend to.
But, if we're being honest here, I tend to believe news just a bit more then it's random given to me by a Mysterious Stranger.

My point... I flip all media, msm and alternative.. sites and podcasts... to get a diverse cross-reference of the same story...

And make up my own damn mind.... Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join