It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masons in Missouri

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
last saturday me and my uncle were driving around Sikeston, Missouri the town my grandpa used to live in and i spotted a large building with a symbol on the front. i knew i had seen this symbol before so i said "what is that?" to my uncle. and he said that it was the mason symbol. we stopped and read the sign in the front and it said something like mason meeting tuesday. we kept driving down the same street and we saw a nice building with a bunch of flags. i forget what they were but my uncle said that it was another secret society. kinda wierd that my grandpa used to live in a town with secret societys in them.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
No big surprise. I would imagine there are many more towns that have "secret societies" ie masons etc... than do not have them.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
oh, well it was kinda wierd cuz this is the first mason building i have ever seen. also sikeston is a town only of about 1,500

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Musta been 'good White folk' back in the day. I'm sure the town's history will support this fact.

But its not worth digging into. Freemasons visited my town in the Northwest Territories a few months back, to set up a lodge, or something. Its the town with the farthest north Hospital in the world, only 3000 people, and in the middle of nowhere.

A lot of money to be made there, though, especially with the help of a few good Brothers.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Where in the NWT akilles?

BTW, I didn't much care for the vaguely veiled KKK implication.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Waiting akilles.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanTodd
oh, well it was kinda wierd cuz this is the first mason building i have ever seen. also sikeston is a town only of about 1,500

I think if you look closely, MOST towns have (or have had) a Masonic Lodge and other Lodges in them. (Although Masonry is NOT a Secret Society...it's a Fraternal Society)

By the way, I live in Cape Girardeau, MO just 30 miles North of Sikeston and have been to the Sikeston Lodge for meetings MANY times.

Regards

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
Musta been 'good White folk' back in the day. I'm sure the town's history will support this fact.

But its not worth digging into. Freemasons visited my town in the Northwest Territories a few months back, to set up a lodge, or something. Its the town with the farthest north Hospital in the world, only 3000 people, and in the middle of nowhere.

A lot of money to be made there, though, especially with the help of a few good Brothers.

You've obviously never been to Sikeston. But I don't imagine you're apparent narrow-mind could understand anyway.

Tell me aKILLes...why all the pent up anger and hate? Bad childhood? Think the world's against you?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Oh, and by the way, you might want to check the Sikeston, MO city limits sign. There are a bit more than 1,500 people in Sikeston. At last census (2000) there were almost 17,000 (Several of them Masons, Knights of Columbus, Woodmen, Odd Fellows, etc.)

FYI

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

last saturday me and my uncle were driving around Sikeston, Missouri the town my grandpa used to live in and i spotted a large building with a symbol on the front. i knew i had seen this symbol before so i said "what is that?" to my uncle. and he said that it was the mason symbol. we stopped and read the sign in the front and it said something like mason meeting tuesday. we kept driving down the same street and we saw a nice building with a bunch of flags. i forget what they were but my uncle said that it was another secret society. kinda wierd that my grandpa used to live in a town with secret societys in them.

That "other building" the one with the "bunch of flags" was the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars" building. Hardly a secret society.

www.vfw.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Look on a map. Trace your finger north. Stop at the ocean. Thats where.

Better alert the other mods!

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I'd like to pick up some information about Masonry. I figure theres got to be a big Lodge somewhere around here. By the way, I'm from Springfield. I think I'll search the internet some more about it. It would just be nice to talk to someone real.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak
Tell me aKILLes...why all the pent up anger and hate? Bad childhood? Think the world's against you?

Senrak, don't forget: a cynic is just an optimist who's been let down too many times.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheJeSta
I'd like to pick up some information about Masonry. I figure theres got to be a big Lodge somewhere around here. By the way, I'm from Springfield. I think I'll search the internet some more about it. It would just be nice to talk to someone real.

You're in Springfield Missouri? If so, it's the other side of the State from where I am, but I know several Masons over there. Springfield has a very active Masonic Lodge.

Send me a U2U w/ your e-mail address and I'll be glad to help.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Well that's about as vague as the rest of your posts. No facts again. I am SO surprised.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Well that's about as vague as the rest of your posts. No facts again. I am SO surprised.

You just want him to state facts so that you can all prove him wrong and show everyone how laughable his sources are!! You guys are SO unfair!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is hilarious. I tell you where I live, and then you tell me how little I know about the area, even though none of you have been within a 1000 miles, huh?

Intrepid, what was your argument concerning my location? That I didn't live by the D.E.W. line? That Freemasons didn't visit my town?

The towns name is.... Inuvik, NT. 'The Place of Man'
over 3000 people, 1/3 non-Native, 1/3 Inuit 1/3 Gwi'chin Indian

Lets see some people reciprocate some personal information.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The towns name is.... Inuvik, NT. 'The Place of Man'
over 3000 people, 1/3 non-Native, 1/3 Inuit 1/3 Gwi'chin Indian

Lets see some people reciprocate some personal information.

Took you that long to hit Mapquest for a location that you will never see?

I live in Acton, On. 45 min. out of of TO. That wasn't hard.

NW of the city.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
akilles, you are a troll, and not even a good one. Pfft. Play with your lego and let the internet exist without your tripe.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
OK, dude. The next closest town by road is Tsi'igehtchic, about 120 km. Only 500 people, almost all Native.

Another 80 km is Fort McPherson, a town of under a 1000.

To the north, 25 minutes by air is Tuktoyaktuk.
To the west (no road) is the former 'capital' of the region, nothing more than another village now, named Aklavik.

I mean, whats the point of me telling you ANYTHING you can't verify over the internet, because then you can just claim thats where I got the information.

Whats next, you want a picture of me in my town, let me guess?

Seriously, questioning where I live, just because I know why Freemasons are visiting my (former) town, the reason being money.

You are a pathetic moderator, and not even an honest one.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by akilles]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join