It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea reportedly cancels scheduled meeting with South Korea because of US military exercises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

North Korea abruptly canceled talks with South Korea scheduled for Wednesday, according to media reports.

North Korea's state-run Central News Agency said the ongoing joint military drills between the U.S. and South Korea are a "provocation" and a preparation for an invasion.

North Korea abruptly canceled talks with South Korea scheduled for Wednesday and threatened to walk away from talks with the U.S., according to media reports.

North Korea's state-run Central News Agency said the ongoing joint military drills between the U.S. and South Korea are a "provocation" and a preparation for an invasion, Reuters and South Korean news outlet Yonhap reported.

Well, I guess we saw this coming?

I thought about this when I heard US and SK were preparing for military exercises. Really, why don't just wait 'till the deal is done?

CNBC

Other sources if you want:

ABC11

NYT

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Why on Earth would they not have canceled the Drills when we are so close at some kind of deal/talks with NK?
edit on 5/15/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Hopefully they'll cancel the stupid drills. Peace between North & South Korea is within reach for the first time in 50 years! It would be nothing short of retarded to screw it up over some pointless military drills.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join