It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW3 and the Fall of Mystery Babylon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I recieved an email with a video attached that provided a bunch of scripture on prophesies supposedly leading up to WW3 that have been fullfilled.
The video may be long but if you're interested, take the time to watch it. I'm not too great on making threads like this but I'd like to discuss some of the points made in it. It also gives the option to read the transcript.

Alive After THe Fall

It talks about the fall of Damascus which is literally happening right now and also mentions the fall of a Mystery Babylon which might possibly be America. Some of the scripture they point out really makes sense that it would be america:

Some say Biblical Babylon, refers to ancient Iraq… But if that is true, why do the prophets see it as a nation surrounded by waters?
“O thou that dwellest upon many waters, abundant in treasures” (Jeremiah 51:13).
“Where all who had ships on the sea became rich through her wealth!” (Revelations 18:17)

Babylon “mounts up to heaven” (Jeremiah51.53) and “ascends above the heights of the clouds” (Isaiah 14:14)

These metaphors clearly reference a nation that has discovered flight.

It is obvious that Babylon or Mystery Babylon can’t be the ancient Iraq…

But the prophets have more to say about this end times nation:

Babylon is hailed as a “Queen among nations” and “The lady of kingdoms”. (Isaiah 47:5,7);

According to the prophets, Babylon “reigneth over the kings of the Earth”(Revelations 17:18).

It is “The praise of the entire earth” and an “astonishment among the nations” (Jeremiah 51:47)

It is a place of great riches.

“And the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (Revelations. 18:3)”

In fact, the prophets say clearly that should something happen to the Babylon, all worldwide trade would stop: “The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore” (Revelations 18.11).

It is the number one military power and it’s called the Hammer of the whole Earth (Jeremiah 51:30)

And becomes proud and arrogant and it does not consider its end.

“Therefore, hear now this, thou that art given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me; “(Isaiah 17:7-8)

“How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow “(Revelations 18:7)

Does this sound like American Exceptionalism - the strong belief rooted inside our people that America is different from other nations, better than them in every possible way?

This is, again, very, very precise.

The last clue the prophets left us is incredibly accurate:

The scripture often refers to Babylon as a woman. According to the book of Revelations she sits atop water (17.1) has a "golden cup" (17.4) in her right hand and a crown of seven rays on her head. John the Apostle talks about:

(Revelations 17:18)“ And the woman which thou sawest in that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth”.

The United Nations, in theory "reigns" over all the "kings" of the Earth and is situated in New York... the great city where you can see the Statue of Liberty. The statue is the most well-known landmark in the US, and the symbol of Babylon the prophets are referring to in their clues...

Transcript

It then goes on to talk about an enemy from the north that will rise against this Mystery Babylon and destroy its army.

Really, I'm wondering if anyone else has studied these scripture and came to the same conclusions as this guy? I understand this whole thing may be a ruse to eventually get you to buy something, but the interpretations they've made are pretty easy to believe IMO.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Sorry, I cant be much help. Ive never really studied on end times prophecy,

The only reason I wanted to comment was to say that from what I have seen and heard from the likes of TV shows and the Hogue prophecies, this one ranks as very compelling.

I guess the enemy from the North could refer to Russia and when we consider the gragility of our grid system, the US would be pretty easy to destoy. Without power, it wuld destroy itself.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Hmm... seems like maybe Great Britain is more appropriate. It's an island, it has a Queen, was (once) the leader of the world...

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes, I too find this once pretty compelling. It does hint that the enemy from the north is Russia and that they will destroy America's army with an EMP of some sort. Something strong enough to completely wipe out all military making us utterly defenseless.

I try not to be too scared by these types of things but this one just really gets to me.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
THE most essential point about Revelation's Babylon, the whole point of the chapter (in fact the whole point of the book) is the persecution of the Christian church to the point of martyrdom; "she is drunk with the blood of the saints and the blood of the martyrs ofJesus".
There is no value in trying to identify "Babylon" until we see that happening.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahasrara

Yea, IMO it would have to be either of the two but the prophesies would also have to line up with eachother.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So, we just forget Rome, and its empire reaching around the world? Surrounded by waters in many of the lands they occupied?

You can subsitute Rome in there for America anywhere. Mounts up to heaven could just as easily refer to the size of the Roman empire as it could flight and unless you’re going to include ancient aliens in yhe analysis, there would have been nothing available to provide a reference man made flight.

And I’m pretty sure when the Roman empire collapsed, merchants around the world weeped significantly, once they realized the party was over.

It gets kind of old how these prophecy folks (not you OP, the organization you posted about) try to make the bible fit the 21st century when it was written by first century Christians FOR first century Christians on how to survive persecution. Well, and to enslave more of the masses into organized religion.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Bible also referred to the destruction of cities that are now in Saudi Arabia. Mesina and such. Which in today's world? Does not seem to have reason. But yet it's in the word and will, no doupt happen.
Babylon as a city, fell thousands of years ago. The ruins are still picked over by the "educated" of today, who are all enamored by its previous glory and man made wonders. But Yet? They can't grasp the purpose of its down fall. Even a Persian king wrote a chapter in the/our Bible. He was giving glory and praise to the creator.
America is not "Babylon". It deserves to be, but it's not. Israel will be "up against the wall", standing alone. At this time (with Pres. Trump) Israel is under the "wings of the eagle", protected. They (Israel) know this.
But that/this protection will be taken from Israel also. It is prophesied, they will "call for their savior", the one they rejected. And he will come. Not because they deserve it, but because he said he would.
The U.S. of A. Was an "Israel" for Christians. But that time has passed... America is not Babylon. But it does have an informal role, in prophecy. The time of the gentiles is very short.
God bless Israel! His will, be done.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It does have a ring of truth to it. It is also frightening to think about.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I try not to be too scared by these types of things but this one just really gets to me.

Mmm, I wouldn't dwell too much on it. And for a fairly simple reason. From the latest information I've gleaned on the Russia situation, it seems that Putin runs that operation like a Mafia Don. He and his Oligarchic rich friends who keep him in power have zero interest in starting a war with anyone, anywhere. They are all about stealing money as fast as they can and staying in power for as long as they can. As my Dad pointed out, the biggest problem Putin has is that he has no possible retirement plan. The minute he steps down, he'll be the subject of criminal investigation, a fast trial in a Russian kangaroo court and he'll be fast tracked to a clammy cell in Siberia. Its just the way things work in Russia. Its "post-Putin" I'd be worried about.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The funny thing about "The Book of the Apocalypse" (Revelation). Is the "army from the north".. Comes after the "man of sin" takes total control. This army "troubles" him. If he is in control of the world? How is an army gathered against him? The army (people's) that support Israel have to be "taken out"! And apparently will be.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It is quite unlikely that an EMP would destroy our military. Almost all mil-spec electronics are EMP hardened. Most military electronics could survive an EMP attack.

Now civilian electronics on the other hand, no way. Electrical grid and almost all of our modern transportation would grind to a halt. I firmly believe we should start hardening the electrical grid, at least. It is not only an EMP that could take it out, but a significant solar CME could fry the electrical grid on a much wider scale than an EMP could manage.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahasrara

Hmm... seems like maybe Great Britain is more appropriate. It's an island, it has a Queen, was (once) the leader of the world...

If the US falls, perhaps GB will rise to prominence once more.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Rome is the key. It's not Rome as it was. But is like Rome. The E.U. is very much like Rome. An empire, based on historical relation to Rome, reliving its glory... Like Babylon. It's walls long gone. But it's ideology lives on? "Fortresses are monuments to the stupidity of man" - Gen. Patton.
I'd dare add politically, physically and morally. Patton had a good grasp of prophecy.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The Babylon in the Bible refers literally to Babylon. It was an actual place, a fairly large empire that was surrounded by water. The Babylonian empire was larger than just Iraq. It was a good chunk of the middle east, it had seas on three sides at it's height, before the prophecies in revelations were ever written.

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Oh ok, see that helps a bit. I should've known that the military would be protected from an emp. Kind of makes me wonder, then, what kind of weapon could completely distroy an army? Maybe a nuclear attack?

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Great Thread Subject

great thread...but mystery babylon is in the shinar....biblically actualy in the scripture...

how do you spell the word....actually
edit on 14-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Sorry, I cant be much help. Ive never really studied on end times prophecy,

The only reason I wanted to comment was to say that from what I have seen and heard from the likes of TV shows and the Hogue prophecies, this one ranks as very compelling.

I guess the enemy from the North could refer to Russia and when we consider the gragility of our grid system, the US would be pretty easy to destoy. Without power, it wuld destroy itself.

Just another obtuse "prophecy", just like Boss Hogue and his blood moons last year.
Not compelling.
Extrapolation of cherry picked bible verses, been done for a few centuries now.

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
THE most essential point about Revelation's Babylon, the whole point of the chapter (in fact the whole point of the book) is the persecution of the Christian church to the point of martyrdom; "she is drunk with the blood of the saints and the blood of the martyrs ofJesus".
There is no value in trying to identify "Babylon" until we see that happening.

The Roman's persecuted the Christians. There is mention of Egypt "hissing like a snake" after it is captured. Same with Jerusalem. They were sieged by the Roman army until they surrendered.

Thousands of years ago (maybe 5000 years ago if the Sumerians are being discussed), all that land in the Middle East was actually underwater. They find the skeletons of whales out in the desert. All those sand-dunes used to be sea-bed. This video places an estimate on the formation of the Sahara Desert in around 5500 years ago. Which is very close to the formation of these document ancient civilisations.

edit on 15-5-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
My point was that Revelation's "Babylon" is doing the persecution and causing the martyrdoms. Therefore Babylon can't be identified with a nation which is not persecuting Christians and sending them to martyrdom.

If people want to find Babylon in the world NOW (though there is no reason why the figures of Revelation should necessarily be around currently), they need to look for a persecution and martyrdom which is happening now.

edit on 15-5-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join