It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police find $5 million inside idling, unattended truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Police find $5 million inside idling, unattended truck

[edit on 18-2-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I tried editing the above post but I am having no luck so:
At first, I just thought that this was an interesting story

CRANBURY, New Jersey (AP) -- State police seized more than $5 million in cash Thursday from a tractor-trailer found idling unattended for two days on the shoulder of a roadway, authorities said.

But then I read more of the article and saw this:

The cash is the proceeds of illegal conduct, possibly narcotics activity, but that still remains under investigation," Attorney General Peter Harvey said. Investigators have not yet determined the exact source of the money.

Now I have a problem with the story. As the article stands now, the police have no evidence that there is anything illegal going on in connection with the money. Yes I beleive that the money is linked to the drug traffic but if there is no evidence, how can the police make such claims other than a way that they can "legally" confiscate the money under both the laws set up under the Drug Czar a few years back but also under the new Patriot Act.
If this money is found to be clean and totally legal, the owner will BY LAW be required to post a bond equal to at least $2.5 million (half of the amount) to even have a court hearing to retrieve the money.
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Dagnabit, thats where I left my helicopter fund. Anyone wanna lend me 2.5 million so I can get my cash back.

new topics

join