It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dodger or not ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
An artical I just read brings up a question.
Recently a lot of posturing is going on, syria and Iran are allied. WMD's are in question again.
One side says;

"I don't see the need for a draft, but we need to prepare now in order to avoid having one forced on us in the future," said Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del. "We can reduce the stress we are placing on our armed forces by increasing the number of ground troops in the Army and Marine Corps and bringing the size of our military in line with our expanded responsibilities in a post-9/11 world," he said.

And the other says:

"We have 12 [combat] divisions and 10 are locked down in Iraq, either coming or going," said Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del. "Our ability to have any flexibility with ground forces anywhere else is diminished. If we had to move into Iran, Syria, North Korea or anywhere else, we'd be in real difficulty."

In addition, he said, "we have absolutely spent, exhausted, and in some instances misled the National Guard and the reserves. I've been in Baghdad and Fallujah and I've spoken with them. When they enlisted in the Guard, they never anticipated being sent for two tours of duty in Iraq lasting a year or 18 months. We can't keep asking citizen soldiers to do that."

Obviously there is much contention on the issue, but my question is;

IF a draft is instituted will you be a dodger or not?
And why?

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
No.

Because if there's a draft it'll mean:
1. The US is being invaded.
or
2. WW3 (or 4. Cold War = WW3? War or Terror = WW3?) has broken out and no one is safe.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
No, If I think the war is justified I will gladly fight for my country and if it is not then I would try to get a job in the military where I could help our troops instead of killing the enemy.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
if we were invaded I would fight. other than that screw them! the fight wont get past my front door when they come to get me. lets see some politicians kids fighting since they are they ones so willing to fight. we should go back to the days of our cammander in chief being in the heat of battle. bet this would all play out a little differently if we did

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would stand firm. Veteran. Other has to make that decision of what to do. Not my problem if they go UA.

Golden Shellback...................................King Neptune Rex Royal Court

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If I was drafted I would serve my country with honor

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Well I would serve,Just because i wouldn't really don't have a choice.Im' in the age range, I'm in good health, Single no kids, and i don't have to the money to buy my way out. I'd rather risk my life in a war i might agree or disagree on,then spend it hiding in another country. I just hope they put me to work in the kitchen.

top topics

join