It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Legend in music...truly a legend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Benjamin Orr.

Many thought Rick Okasek was the bottom line of The Cars, but in reality it was this very timid guy named Benjamin Orr.

A great musician who passed away far too early. Here's the song..

He was always the front man for the Cars. I wasn't a big Live Aids fan, but here's a clip of him there...

and an interview with the man...

What a wonderful singer and songwriter. A silent spoken man who rose to fame in the highest order. If anyone ever saw The Cars in concert, they were FANTASTIC.

Anyway..

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I went to see the Cars one time in SLC. They were warming up for Journey (as incredible as that is).

Journey, I didn't even like and I was only luke warm to the Cars. It was probably the best show I've ever seen in my life!!! The Cars made you want their show to go on for ever, and then Journey put on probably one of the best shows on the planet (and I honestly didn't like Journey at all!!!).

I was staggered. It was fantastic.

I saw the Cars once more in Park City, UT. And, it was a great show, but I had a lot of other stuff going on and couldn't really enjoy it like I wanted to (wet girlfriend, motorcycle, work, etc)

posted on May, 8 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

No. It was Ocasek. Fake thread.

Par for the course I guess

edit on 8-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Sorry you feel that way, but the biggest hits from the Cars were lead by Orr, not Ocasek.

Ocasek had/has an eclectic style, and that was attractive in the 80's, but that wasn't what sold their records.

So...you're WRONG!

ETA...name one hit from the Cars where Ocasek headlined higher than Orr. Just one.

edit on 5/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Just what I needed
My best friends girl
Good times roll
Let's go (okay, this one had some ocasek in it)
It's all I can do (above)
Okay, Okacek did touch and go, but that wasn't a big one.

Seriously, Orr was the anchor of the band, and neither of them did anything without each other.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Whatever you say honey baby sweety pie

link   

link   

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I was just thinking about the Candy O album today!.
He was my favourite singer in the band.
I saw them live in Vancouver around 1978 ( or whenever the first album was released. Still a great album btw)
However they sucked live. Worst concert I ever went to. I guess they were more of a studio band and their voices and music wasn’t truly them. They got a scathing g review. Too bad about that happening.

Think I’ll listen to the album now tonight. Reminds me of good times.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I agree Ben had the best songs,

They were marketed under Punk Rock genre as I recall.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Orr was the best, Ocasek is an alien.

Tell us more about this "wet girlfriend"???

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: scottobereal

180 miles in the pouring rain and freezing drizzle on a motorcycle. Girlfriend had to go to work and I had class to go to. I must have stopped under every bridge between Rock Springs, WY and SLC to wring out my gear and warm up a little. Had some rain gear, but nothing good enough to keep that onslaught out. Even with the big fairing on my 1100 Gold Wing and the heat turned up to max, we were both FREEZING! I was at the end of my rope, near hypothermic (if not there already), the water in the ruts of the driving lane had taken their toll. I could barely keep it in the lane. All of a sudden I saw this electric sign on the road which said "CONCERT PARKING THIS EXIT". It didn't matter what concert it was, it was a chance to warm up and for the girlfriend to call in sick. I took the exit.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
DP

edit on 5/9/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: scottobereal

180 miles in the pouring rain and freezing drizzle on a motorcycle. Girlfriend had to go to work and I had class to go to. I must have stopped under every bridge between Rock Springs, WY and SLC to wring out my gear and warm up a little. Had some rain gear, but nothing good enough to keep that onslaught out. Even with the big fairing on my 1100 Gold Wing and the heat turned up to max, we were both FREEZING! I was at the end of my rope, near hypothermic (if not there already), the water in the ruts of the driving lane had taken their toll. I could barely keep it in the lane. All of a sudden I saw this electric sign on the road which said "CONCERT PARKING THIS EXIT". It didn't matter what concert it was, it was a chance to warm up and for the girlfriend to call in sick. I took the exit.

Umkay, not exactly what I was expecting.

posted on May, 9 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This ought to be in the Mandella Effect thread, because when I was growing up Ric Ocasek was the lead singer of the cars

posted on May, 22 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

This ought to be in the Mandella Effect thread, because when I was growing up Ric Ocasek was the lead singer of the cars

And chief songwriter, I know. Deny fake reviews!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 22-5-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

join