It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel good...

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Sing it James.

As many know I had a liver transplant last summer. It was harsh to say the least. 9 months later EVERYTHING is in the norm. Kidneys(which the liver trashed) normal. Hemoglobin good. Liver pristine(the doctor's word). After the surgery I was on 3 anti-rejection meds to the tune of 17 a day, along with other meds. It was like 2 extra meals a day. Cripes. They've been weening me off them the last 4 months or so. We dumped one of them 4 months ago because they were hurting the blood sugars and eyes. Avoid Prednisone if you can. I've got cataracts now. That's story for another time.
Down to 2 then. Got a call yesterday and Myfortic has gone bye bye. Now down to only 2 mgs of Prograff a day(8 before the weening started). 2 frickin pills. Woot. Those I'll be on for life.

I've also put some weight on. I was down to 143lbs. 40lbs lighter than I should be. I looked like a death camp survivor. All ribs and spider limbs. I'm up to 170 now. That's comfortable. Still weak compared to what I should be. If carrying 20lbs(groceries say) going up too many stairs is hard. At least I can lift my grandson now. Not being able to I didn't like at all.

Well that's the update for enquiring minds.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I really glad things are going so well for you.

Father-in-law got a rare bone tumor in his arm and wound up sans arm. They attempted a bone transplant, but the donor bone never took properly. Constant infections even with anti-rejection meds.

So those transplant cases can really not do well, but maybe that's the difference between bone and liver.

I'm really, really glad that yours went off well even after the tough road. Being able to hold the grandson is the part that probably makes it the best road to have had to travel.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Glad to hear you are sticking with the program!
Not all of get a second chance in life.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
That's AWESOME!!

WTG!

Enjoy it!!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Good on you........I am truly happy for you. My sister just had a liver transplant in November. She is doing great. Had a little scare when they thought she had cancer but found out the meds can cause this. Good news all around. Keep up the good fight !!

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So happy to hear how well you are doing! That weight gain have anything to do with after Easter chocolate sales ?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   
glad to hear it

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Some good news for a change , glad to hear it.
Onward and upward.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Congratulations,

Health is everything.

Enjoy the Grandkids...

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Thats good to hear, remember smiling and laughing is strong healing too, enjoy every step of the way wave your faith flag and God bless!

posted on May, 6 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Great to hear quality of life, including being able to enjoy your grandkids, is improving !

Keep on - keeping on !

😎

top topics

join