It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Endangered species no longer protected in USA Policy being dismantled by Memo....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It’s “not appropriate” to say permits are “required,” warns the memo.

When they are required legally by law ? So department of interior just made protecting endangered species optional?

What World am I living in when the actual Dept's created to protect are actually used to destroy....

m.huffpost.com...

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You should be outraged! More idiocracy and no one seems too upset? Hmm just think your actively killing your grandchildren ....it won't be too long and species, ect collapse because WE didn't act WE didn't fight for what's right sad really watching this happen

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why is it important to keep endangered species from extinction?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Don't lecture us about future generations while simultaneously crippling them with YOUR social debt they'll never be able to pay off, though they'll work their asses off their entire lives trying.

"Do it for the children!"

Gag me.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A little thing like Cascade failure of the natural order of things it may not seem like a big deal but future generations will marvel at the diversity of life that existed as they realize homo sapiens are an extinct animal in the future

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit

A little thing like Cascade failure of the natural order of things it may not seem like a big deal but future generations will marvel at the diversity of life that existed as they realize homo sapiens are an extinct animal in the future

Sounds like hubris to me. Your moment in time is really insignificant in terms of the earth. Important to you and your loved ones I am sure, but the world will turn long after you are gone and future generations will look back on extinct species as we do now. It's no big deal, just some interesting history.

There should be no saving any animal species unless it's important for the food supply and we have no replacements yet. Waste of effort, time and resources.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Seems we are devolving , what a stupid thing to do.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is loathsome and more on so many levels. I don’t know why Big Pharma and Vaccines and roundup don’t bother me as much. I don’t care if aliens are trying to use extra dimensions to thwart our collective cosmic destinies. I don’t give a flying puck if sports and religion is opiate to the masses. I don’t care about the unholy trinity that is the US, Israel, and SA turning out humanity. I don’t care about keystone XL, Halliburton, KBL, or the pay to play scheme that our are subsequent Acts I and II, and III (currently underway) of war in a foreign country for oil. Drug wars. Poverty. Educashin in Amerika. I don’t care if Assad gasses kids.

While I care about all of these things, none of them disgust me more than this memo.

Sheehan! Who the $@#* do you think you are to mandate “optional” protocol and circumvent the law??
Who made you God to dictate when and which native endemic species continue on as denizens and which go the way of the dinosaurs. What a vile and hateful individual. Gtfo of my country you shameless troglodyte!

/End Rant

edit on 5-5-2018 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
# these assholes who care more about MONEY than the environment, who smell dollars underneath every mountain, forest, river, stream, who are so greedy and short-sighted they would let species go extinct for their own profit. Pure evil.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Why is it important to keep endangered species from extinction?

Go enjoy your Kentucky Fried Bald Eagle, what could be more patriotic?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Did you forget to turn /sarcasm off here? Or are you being serious? No really. I want to know

Because not your bank account, your opinion, your pets, your second marriage, your job, friends, vehicle, or any other “Really Important” mental construct is of no consequence when talking about unwinding the intricate web of life this blue ball offers up. I mean nothing. Life is sacred. End of story.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You appear to be overreacting to some words.

This doesn't change the fact that there are protected species.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Not sure why, but your post reminds me of what is goin on in South Africa. I mean ya know, there is no violence or scheme to take away farms from white people. So all is well and nothing to see here right? I mean the species in question of continuing to exist on this planet are still protected by law right?

Most of your posts are spot on. This one has me confused though. If the highest position in the land charged with protecting native wildlife is telling his people to make the law inept and toothless, would you want to be one of the few thousand of your kind left in America right now? Be it butterfly, turtle, or skink?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Protecting the balance of wildlife, endangered ones included, goes hand in hand with preserving habitats, and in turn, humanity. People don't seem to be able to put those together very well. Just because the planet has a way of wiping areas out over time and changing them entirely (see the Sahara? used to be lush & green) doesn't mean we need to accelerate it. One species of animal having sudden domination through not culling the herd can wreak chaos, decimating other species that in turn eat others that in turn eat others, that in turn eat insects and which also if unchecked & have a chance to explode in population, can destroy vegetation & ruin agriculture. Like it or not, this s# does come back to us.

If people have a hard time grasping what an unbalanced habitat does, take a good look at the Everglades and the problems coming just from the invasive species running amok, like the pythons. I'm not pulling quotes to illustrate the point, but clicking here and reading search returns of your choosing should give you a damn good idea.. I'm not so worried about pythons being a PITA to passing people, they're throwing off the whole ecosystem down there because they keep eating everything that eats other stuff that keeps it otherwise in balance down in the Glades.

We are not some super-duper advanced terraforming pro species, the best we can do is not intentionally muck crap up & throw everything into a transitional tailspin before it's naturally supposed to. That impacts US, environments impact US. Screwing them up through deliberate measures, or accidental unforeseen ones is shooting ourselves in the foot. Repeatedly.
edit on 5/5/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
It’s “not appropriate” to say permits are “required,” warns the memo.

When they are required legally by law ? So department of interior just made protecting endangered species optional?

What World am I living in when the actual Dept's created to protect are actually used to destroy....

m.huffpost.com...

Did you actually read the memo or are you just parroting what HuffPo told you?

Because all the memo is doing is trying cut down on having to process unnecessary permits.

The bottom line here, is that these Depts.under the Obama Administration were being so Nazi-ish, that everyone was applying for these incidental permits just for insurance purposes so they didn't get fined out the wazoo. This led to more personnel and manpower needed to process all these permits that aren't necessary or legally required.

Essentially this is attempting to cut down on Govt. overreach. And I'll bet you when the number of permit applications drop we're going to find out that some of these depts are way bigger than they need to be and can be reduced to cut down on wasting tax dollars.

Sounds like a win win to me.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I hit an endangered tree frog with the riding mower last year, it is a very rare species around here but is common in a few areas of this country. I usually have the granddaughter walking in front of me picking these frogs up. They watch TV when they hang on the screens on the windows. They are listed but what is a person to do, we try our best but society wants people to cut their grass to be normal.

It is too slow cutting it with the weedeater, and that is not a foolproof solution either. Maybe if society just stopped requiring people to mow their grass, these frogs would not be threatened.

Yeah, social values trump endangered species continually, then they blame it on a few groups of contractors or developers or loggers. No help that these people are always wanting new furniture to keep up with the Jones' and want new subdivisions built all the time, they do not blame themselves, society puts the blame on the people working for them.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I say when it comes to the environment pile on the people and permits and regulations to protect and bend policy towards aggressively pushing for overall green thinking & building, demand it until we've established ourselves on another planet and it's sustainable

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Seems we are devolving , what a stupid thing to do.

I was taught that Darwinian law is "adapt or die". The simple fact that something can't adapt is a dead end for any species. Reptiles and Mammals have succeeded to adapt or there would be none. Should we deliberately kill a species off? Hell NO! Unless it is dangerous to humanity it should be left alone and not hunted to near extinction like the Elephant and Rhino's for Ivory. The species will normally die off because they can't adapt to some change and has been happening the whole time of the Earth and life existed on it.

This is opposed to we do something just to kill them off. Much effort has been put into preserving the Forest and streams in the US. But of course there are many more species who have come and gone than are currently alive. And there will be new species found or evolving now that will be discovered that fill any nitch in the habitat we live in. Nature adapts and creates new wonders.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam

Did you forget to turn /sarcasm off here? Or are you being serious? No really. I want to know

Because not your bank account, your opinion, your pets, your second marriage, your job, friends, vehicle, or any other “Really Important” mental construct is of no consequence when talking about unwinding the intricate web of life this blue ball offers up. I mean nothing. Life is sacred. End of story.

This blue ball has played a hand in the extinction of the vast majority of species. The ones that exist in our short life times are irrelevant. You play no role in saving the planet. The sooner you realise the better (for you).
edit on 5/5/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join