It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The chicken killers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
So last night is one of the few nights that I didn’t lock my chickens up. That was a big mistake on part cause when I woke I found feathers and one chicken head out back...... These fuc#### coyotes got in my back yard and killed my damn chickens. So tonight I am posting up and will have my revenge.
Anyways sorry peeps I am just super frustrated.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

So I just finished plugging in my motion sensor lights and got 3 bolts ready to go on my crossbow. Now I only have a few seconds if that to get one. But if I get one that should send a message to the pack to stay the F# away.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
My moron step-son is staying with us over the summer. He left the coop door open the other night, and we lost half of our flock. 10 chickens and 6 ducks gone in one night. Looking at what happened, and the evidence left behind.... it was most likely a mountain lion...

It was the first significant bird loss that we have suffered... we have been here for 4 years.

He is autistic, so I cut him a lot of slack... but, damn, we lost some of our best birds.

Lesson learned....

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I live in Henderson NV. So a mountain lion is not the source. But a damn coyote is a highly likely contender. I am really pissed that I left them in the coop without the door shut. That one is on me. What I am more concerned with is sometimes my dog stays outback at night. If he was to encounter 1 coyote he would be fine. The same with the chickens, but 2 coyotes he would be in some trouble.
I thought about baiting them to the yard but my cop buddy told me that is a no go. And I can’t kill one if it’s in the front yard. So the plan is to just chill in the back with my crossbow and wait.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I live in Henderson NV. So a mountain lion is not the source. But a damn coyote is a highly likely contender. I am really pissed that I left them in the coop without the door shut. That one is on me. What I am more concerned with is sometimes my dog stays outback at night. If he was to encounter 1 coyote he would be fine. The same with the chickens, but 2 coyotes he would be in some trouble.
I thought about baiting them to the yard but my cop buddy told me that is a no go. And I can’t kill one if it’s in the front yard. So the plan is to just chill in the back with my crossbow and wait.

Watch out. Coyotes will goad dogs out and attack in a group.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

That is what I am concerned about. I told my neighbors about the incident so they don’t loose a loved doggie. I don’t want to loose my dog or one of my cats that sometimes hangs outside and always brings me a “present”.
I think if I kil one that should keep them out for a bit. A huge problem is waiting for one without baiting them. My scent will be detected from afar.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

What you should definitely not do is soak meat in antifreeze and leave it out. Its deadly, cruel, and illegal. Also watch out if you throw away any chicken in the trash cans outside as a normal person not baiting things would do, as the scent could draw them back.
As for scent, i know people who have tried covering their scent with ash. Its hit or miss.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Raccoons are the main chicken killers around here. After they killed off my flock, I think that the only good raccoon is a dead raccoon.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Lol are you giving me hints or just advice? Either way if I wanted to trap one I could. But I must abide the law. No trapping or poisoning. I have to figure out how to circumvent the law to achieve my revenge👿. And I will do so..... Those bastards killed my damn chickens. Now I must kill one of them.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I would never suggest doing things that a normal person in their everyday routine would do that, while not baiting, might still serve to draw out scavengers.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I got ya! I would never do such things.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have a camera system up around my barn and coop. When my flock was destroyed, I had video. It was my neighbors dog. I have beefed up the pen like a super max prison now. And I let the neighbor know that we have a new policy in town. You loot, we shoot. So he should keep the dogs where they belong for their safety.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
My moron step-son is staying with us over the summer. He left the coop door open the other night, and we lost half of our flock. 10 chickens and 6 ducks gone in one night. Looking at what happened, and the evidence left behind.... it was most likely a mountain lion...

It was the first significant bird loss that we have suffered... we have been here for 4 years.

He is autistic, so I cut him a lot of slack... but, damn, we lost some of our best birds.

Lesson learned....

Who learned the lesson? You or the moron step-son? Wait a minute, he's autistic...only a moron would forget to learn the lesson of not calling someone a moron. Hopefully, he does it again -- with a real winner of a step-'dad' like you -- you deserve the headache and loss of more stock.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I work with challenged children, and I get your frustration. Just remember they cant always use their words to express themselves. Sometimes, if they get frustrated because they can not tell you, and explain what they feel, they lash out violently.

Anyway, Sorry about your animals. That sucks. I live in LA and sometimes cayotes have tried to take little children away. Been a while since I have seen a story on that, but it happens. Star and Flag for your frustration.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

yeah, they can be a pain. I jave a special rifle and a monster Great Pyrenees, havent lost one in a while.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Why are you frustrated at Nature? So because you forgot to secure your flock... you're going to kill more nature. Eye for an eye until everyone is blind. Hopefully you get overrun with Snakes and Rats, which the Coyotes eat. God said vengeance is mine...and he'll have it one way or Another. Careful you don't exacerbate your situation with more ignorance. We have chickens in town, where there's Cats, Coyotes, Possums, Foxes, Coons, ect....never had one killed. You know why, because we protect the flock. And instead of brewing up malice, we have fresh eggs each morning.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If you do kill one...

This will seem barbaric, grim and horrible, but it MIGHT be useful. Once you have completed the kill, and the animal is beyond suffering, it might be wise, as it bleeds, to drag it around your yard, and display it somewhere that other packs are likely to see or smell it.

The reason I suggest this, is that finding one of their own kind dead, might put them off coming back, especially if you spread their guts around a bit. Animals are not immune to terror, but they are significantly less prone to simple vengeance. That being said, that could attract other creatures, but its just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples
Why are you frustrated at Nature? So because you forgot to secure your flock... you're going to kill more nature. Eye for an eye until everyone is blind. Hopefully you get overrun with Snakes and Rats, which the Coyotes eat. God said vengeance is mine...and he'll have it one way or Another. Careful you don't exacerbate your situation with more ignorance. We have chickens in town, where there's Cats, Coyotes, Possums, Foxes, Coons, ect....never had one killed. You know why, because we protect the flock. And instead of brewing up malice, we have fresh eggs each morning.

Sorry, but you don't no squat about coyotes! They will snatch a child out of yard in an instant if given the chance. Once they come into areas outside of the wilderness they need to be put down! Period!

Go ahead with all that feel good nonsense, but bet money if you lost a pet or a loved one to one of these predators you would have a whole different opinion.

But then again maybe not.....
Off-duty police officer saves child from coyote attack

edit on 5-5-2018 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

Lesson learned....

Cut him some slack did you? How gracious of you. Also, how gracious of you to call him a moron too because it's obviously his fault he's autistic isn't it? So, who's the real moron here?

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: SecretsoftheBlueApples

Sorry, but you don't no squat about coyotes! They will snatch a child out of yard in an instant if given the chance. Once they come into areas outside of the wilderness they need to be put down! Period!

Go ahead with all that feel good nonsense, but bet money if you lost a pet or a loved one to one of these predators you would have a whole different opinion.

But then again maybe not.....
Off-duty police officer saves child from coyote attack

That was kinda my plan and I stayed up really late in my backyard hoping for the chance. It never came😒 I gave all my neighbors the warning though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join