It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What good is a stupid dog?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

A stupid dog is better than a cat.

WHAT? You should not call our masters dumber than a dog.

I was forced to make that statement, the cat had it's claws extended and was licking her paw.
edit on 4-5-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Dogs are awesome social and loyal beings! They would take a bullet for you if they knew it was coming, too.

I should not tell that here because it´s verboten in my Country. We always burry our dogs in our little forrest. The digging always makes it easier to handle the pain. The blisters you get from digging a hole in a forest are worth it. You have to dig deep or boars and foxes will devastate the grave. At least 1.5m.

I could never bring my dogs to a waste facility, I´d rather pay the fine (whatever amount I don´t care).

Cheers to all our good buddies resting in peace. Those memories will never fade.

I read that as they would take a buffet for you if they knew it was coming. I think the Buffet thing is more correct.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

I tought my dog to throw empty yoghurt cups into the trash after she finished licking it clean. However if you forgot to close the door to that room, she will take out the plastic trash and hide it everywhere. So she can get a treat after she sucessfully threw it into the trash bin. She would randomly bring you plastic garbage and expect you to give her a treat.

We do recycle so the plastic garbage is seperate and clean.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Had a cat once. That´s everything positive I have to say about it.

Okay, it was nice when he purred and I used him as a throat warmer and he me as his pillow, but the stuff he broke was in the thousands. I think he had a knack, he was the smallest and no one wanted him so I took him home.

Had I only knew beforehand that this cat would destroy most of my HiFi Equipment, cables, door handles, door seals, window seals, LED-screen (chewing on the cable until it went broke) scratching doors and couches, pissing on inventary so you can basically throw it away because it never get´s clean again. Making my waterbed leak...

When my pregnant daughter moved in and he jumped her, tried to make her fall by weaseling between her feet or jumped on her out of the blue while she was sleeping I organized another home for him. I have held at least two dogs most of the time in my life (the old teaches the young) and they all together didn´t make such a mess like that single small cat.

I had a cat once..never again.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
In most cases
What good is a stupid dog?

Should be
What good is a stupid person?

People usually let you down, never seen a dog that did that. They don't turn on you suddenly backstab you and break your heart accept by passing away.

Difficult, the loss of a loyal friend!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: rickymouse

Had a cat once. That´s everything positive I have to say about it.

Okay, it was nice when he purred and I used him as a throat warmer and he me as his pillow, but the stuff he broke was in the thousands. I think he had a knack, he was the smallest and no one wanted him so I took him home.

Had I only knew beforehand that this cat would destroy most of my HiFi Equipment, cables, door handles, door seals, window seals, LED-screen (chewing on the cable until it went broke) scratching doors and couches, pissing on inventary so you can basically throw it away because it never get´s clean again. Making my waterbed leak...

When my pregnant daughter moved in and he jumped her, tried to make her fall by weaseling between her feet or jumped on her out of the blue while she was sleeping I organized another home for him. I have held at least two dogs most of the time in my life (the old teaches the young) and they all together didn´t make such a mess like that single small cat.

I had a cat once..never again.

The wife and I are getting older, it is getting difficult to get up the steps these days when carrying the laundry basket or a cup of coffee. The blind cat does a figure eight around our legs when we go up the steps, every step. Help, I fell and I cannot get up may occur someday. But on the plus side, we have to watch everything carefully when living in a house with a teenaged blind cat. In the long run it will help us with dementia risk and keep us from tripping on things other than the cat of course.

I can say that from your post, you are telling the truth about having a cat.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: butcherguy

I have two cats.

They are just different is all. Different thought processes and motivations and such.

Love my girl kitties, they are awesome pest control when you live in the country.

I am just not a cat person.
They like me, but I don't like them.

There's a reason for that.

Do you know what it is? The cat person is almost always looking right at the cat and making all kinds of "aw, cute" noises trying like mad to attract the cat. The one person in the room who is the least intimidating is usually the one person in the room who least wants anything to do with the cat -- the none cat person. If you're like most, you don't make any noises or gestures toward the cat. You don't even look at it, and that makes you the safest spot in the room.

edit on 4-5-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: butcherguy

I have two cats.

They are just different is all. Different thought processes and motivations and such.

Love my girl kitties, they are awesome pest control when you live in the country.

I am just not a cat person.
They like me, but I don't like them.

There's a reason for that.

Do you know what it is? The cat person is almost always looking right at the cat and making all kinds of "aw, cute" noises trying like mad to attract the cat. The one person in the room who is the least intimidating is usually the one person in the room who least wants anything to do with the cat -- the none cat person. If you're like most, you don't make any noises or gestures toward the cat. You don't even look at it, and that makes you the safest spot in the room.

Hey I never thought about it that way makes perfect sense.

Thank you for the insight.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'm a cat person.

They're a different flavor than dogs is all.

I like lots of different critters. I like dogs too, but they just aren't my flavor, not enough that I really want one living with me all the time.

Part of the problem is that cats and dogs have such different psyches and behaviors, so if you really understand one, and haven't dealt much with the other, it's a sort of Mars/Venus situation.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I'm a cat person.

They're a different flavor than dogs is all.

I like lots of different critters. I like dogs too, but they just aren't my flavor, not enough that I really want one living with me all the time.

Part of the problem is that cats and dogs have such different psyches and behaviors, so if you really understand one, and haven't dealt much with the other, it's a sort of Mars/Venus situation.

I had an Army buddy who had a pet raccoon. One of the smartest animals I've ever seen.

Kinda like a cat but with hands. He loved the raccoon more than his wife though. Guess the raccoon never judged.

I've had people tell me horses were stupid but they're not. Just on a different level is all. Same with all of God's creatures I guess.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I used to have a pet rat when I was college. Smart little thing. She learned several voice commands and her name. She used to curl up on my lap or by my side while I did my homework. She'd ride my shoulder everywhere around the dorm. Sweetest tempered little thing too. Not at all dumb!

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm sorry for your pain at losing Gus. I have three "stupid" dogs and can't imagine my world without them. I'll keep you in my prayers.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
For the record, your dog doesn't sound like he was dumb at all. He just sounds like a regular ol' good dog -- always happy when you were there no matter what. Sorry you lost him. Losing a family member is never easy.

There are dumb dogs, and they're sometimes the ideal ones. Smart dogs realize right away when you've gone to work for the day, get bored quickly and chaos ensues. A truly dumb dog might just be figuring out that you're gone by the time you're almost due to get home. And that really works out best for everyone.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly wonderful beings.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I'm sorry for your pain at losing Gus. I have three "stupid" dogs and can't imagine my world without them. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thank you, prayers are welcome. Hug your doggies every day. Bet they are awesome.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for when the dog grows a thumb... Then I'll vote for them to run things and of course, pick up any dogs that might be hitchhiking, that newfound freedom...

Maybe a Newfoundland hitchhiker, I hope they fit in My VW™ GTI... sweet.

But for now, I just HAVE TO DODGE "smart folks" sorry-- VERY IMPORTANT "smart" PEOPLE, who find it important to do texting on a 2 lane winding road in rural Flori-Duh on the daily trek to the dog park.

Yeah, most people SUCK, that is why MOST dogs are fantastic fixtures of positive energy, to suck up ALL the non-positive snip humanoids 'do'.. Wish they got the 'other part' of the bit from Yoda...

Again, My condolences... Want to suck up a whole bunch of 'positive energy'?? When You go to The Shelter to get Your 'new forever friend' look for one that looks FAT and make Her/Him a promise that You'll see them thin. She/He will then 'rub off on You' and the both of You will end up 'WELL/CONTENT'..

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I have zero doubt that Gus will re-appear in that You will KNOW it is Gus, remember their 'fur suits' are like Our 'skin suits' and if I asked You to show Me which part of You is You..

P.S.S. Also if You'd keep Me 'in the loop' as there 'may' be some costs associated with the adoption of a new friend. I'd surely be willing to send You some funds to help if I can.

** Also be cognizant of the 'others' being able to see if You get in a place void of "Light" and I'm convinced they are way smarter than the avg. Bear so that whittles a whole bunch of 'people' so...

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

I'm just waiting for when the dog grows a thumb... Then I'll vote for them to run things and of course, pick up any dogs that might be hitchhiking, that newfound freedom...

Maybe a Newfoundland hitchhiker, I hope they fit in My VW™ GTI... sweet.

But for now, I just HAVE TO DODGE "smart folks" sorry-- VERY IMPORTANT "smart" PEOPLE, who find it important to do texting on a 2 lane winding road in rural Flori-Duh on the daily trek to the dog park.

Yeah, most people SUCK, that is why MOST dogs are fantastic fixtures of positive energy, to suck up ALL the non-positive snip humanoids 'do'.. Wish they got the 'other part' of the bit from Yoda...

Again, My condolences... Want to suck up a whole bunch of 'positive energy'?? When You go to The Shelter to get Your 'new forever friend' look for one that looks FAT and make Her/Him a promise that You'll see them thin. She/He will then 'rub off on You' and the both of You will end up 'WELL/CONTENT'..

Stay Hydrated...

P.S. I have zero doubt that Gus will re-appear in that You will KNOW it is Gus, remember their 'fur suits' are like Our 'skin suits' and if I asked You to show Me which part of You is You..

P.S.S. Also if You'd keep Me 'in the loop' as there 'may' be some costs associated with the adoption of a new friend. I'd surely be willing to send You some funds to help if I can.

** Also be cognizant of the 'others' being able to see if You get in a place void of "Light" and I'm convinced they are way smarter than the avg. Bear so that whittles a whole bunch of 'people' so...

I truly am overwhelmed by your generosity and your condolences.

I'll find another "stupid" dog or one will find me. Thank you for your response.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My older dog, Condolisa (don't laugh, that's the name I got her with) is a troubled dog. I got her from an animal shelter and she had a tough life at her previous owner. I understand that she was beaten often and kept mostly in a bathroom. She was traumatized when I got her; still is after 11 years but less.
She's a very modest, quiet and subdued dog. She never trusts strangers, especially males, she listen to everyone in the house reluctantly except me. I'm her savior and she's never relaxed unless i'm home , she never leaves my side, she sleeps next to my bed, she even waits for me at the bathroom door. No matter what she follows me everywhere more than any dog I ever had.

She also doesn't know how to play. The other female dog I have is a happy little monkey who runs and plays and chews even in her sleep. Condolisa got very protective of her and every time we play she's worried and in alert. She's also curious about playing and tried a few times to catch the ball or whatever toy we throw but she doesn't know what to do with it or what is the point. She just tries to protect the little one, otherwise she will lay down and watch us.
I think the beating she suffered at very young age killed the notion of playing in her mind. She's very perceptive and understands everything but some things are just lost for her. Some people may think she is stupid, sometimes even my family thinks so but I know better. She's a traumatized old soul and all she asks from life is a little bit of love and to be left in peace. So I never tried to push her into something she doesn't want, and she's grateful for that.

I don't care if a dog is smart, or beautiful or with a great pedigree. Whatever flaws a dog may have is outshined by far by his loving heart. Dogs are wonderful beings and all I care is to give them back some of the love they always give me. I wish I could trust people the way I trust dogs.

edit on 4-5-2018 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteHat
I think the beating she suffered at very young age killed the notion of playing in her mind.

Indeed. Was bringing some fresh mowed gras to the animal shelter when I noticed a huge crowd. They had rescued a white american canadian shepherd-dog and everyone just asked for the fee to take her home.

I actually was asking in a casual way why such a impressive dog would be brought to an animal shelter. Turns out she was rescued from an alcoholic that would beat her up after she destroyed something or made a heap on the floor (because he never let her out). They directly asked me if I want to give her a new home. So I unloaded the gras (that´s the reason I went in there, to ask where to unload) and loaded the dog.

She was very shy at first and the slightest hand movement near hear head would make her duck away. With the help of my first dog she eventually socialized into a wonderful dog. Calm, kids could do everything to her. Always near you and very smart, could open doors.

She also could not play, just like you wrote. She never learned it, the only thing she did that would be close to playing was running races with the first one. She got 14 years old but suffered hip problems (HD). But she managed to socialize the next dog and then the third one. She alpha-dog for a very long time until the youngest took over.

posted on May, 5 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
God bless his soul! Yes, dogs have souls....just look into their eyes and you’ll see. I’ve met humans with no souls before. Wonderful creatures we’ve been gifted with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join