It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US congressman proposes law, confiscating guns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
www.nbcnews.com...

So a representative from California proposed a law banning "assault weapons" retroactively, and then criminally prosecuting anyone who doesnt turn in any weapons that the government have now declared illegal. Personally, im glad. Now that all the pretense is gone, all the wish washey idiot fudds will see gun control for what it is and we can stand together

Tell me again how no one is coming for our guns.
edit on 3-5-2018 by Whoisjohngalt because: Typo

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Come on and get you some, boy.

+25 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Whoisjohngalt

This is the same feminine clown who was beating the Russian collusion war drums. Odd that it seems the Progressive Democrats seem to be doing more to destroy the USA than Russia could EVER dream of.......

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Let me know when there is a bill (much less a law) instead of an op-ed.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

..!. .!..
f this guy
f the gun grabbers

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
David Hogg, of counsel
and I approved this message
💡🎁💡

edit on May-03-2018 by xuenchen because: 👀

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It is people like that that make it difficult to get reasonable legislation passed to fix the problem. He is talking about starting a gestapo America, where only those who have political or economic power can own guns. We need reasonable legislation the everyone can agree on addressing banning criminals and loose cannons from owning guns.

We can have a happy medium if we negotiate instead of having some people shove their beliefs down others throats.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Give it time. Keep watching California. Its the testing ground. Last year they passed a bill banning the POSSESSION of magazines holding over 10 rounds. Meaning any legally possessed mags over 10 rounds are now illegal, no grandfather clause. Expect to see something similar for AR/AK platforms after Gavin Newsom get elected. Thats why they want a registry of all the scary guns in California.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   
he....this congressman.....he...he...ya think he's a metro boy.....jess

+2 more 
posted on May, 3 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I think it is important that these liberal loons expose themselves for who they are and what they believe. It helps us identify who the most dangerous ones are and hold them accountable.

edit on 2018/5/3 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is people like that that make it difficult to get reasonable legislation passed to fix the problem. He is talking about starting a gestapo America, where only those who have political or economic power can own guns. We need reasonable legislation the everyone can agree on addressing banning criminals and loose cannons from owning guns.

We can have a happy medium if we negotiate instead of having some people shove their beliefs down others throats.

Those things you mentioned are problems that should be dealt with before guns even enter into the equation though. If someone is a loose cannon/criminal and they are too dangerous to be around guns, i think they are too dangerous to be with society where they have access to trucks, fire, bombs, poison or a multitude of other things. And i think thats the point where we should address the problem, otherwise sure it might be harder for a crazy person to get a gun, but they can still plow a truck into a farmers market, or stab you in the kidneys to buy more crack.
I also think though that if someone is really not a danger and have served the punishment for their crimes, then they should have all rights restored, gun ownership included. Otherwise, you are serving your sentence plus a lifetime of being a second class citizen.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just another California Dem Looney Loon
The list keeps growing.
Nuts all of em....

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
As opposed to Republican Looney Loons?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
If Californians declare a calexit, can we declare open season on all foreign Californian illegals?

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
If Californians declare a calexit, can we declare open season on all foreign Californian illegals?

Which California? In November we vote on whether or not to split California into three states.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Pretty sure rural Californians are safe. However, the same can’t be said for sandiago, Sacromento, Los Angeles....

+2 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Let me know when there is a bill (much less a law) instead of an op-ed.

Exciting thought for you, eh?
edit on 4-5-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
don't think so.

Homey don't play dat...

+8 more 
posted on May, 4 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
www.nbcnews.com...

So a representative from California
.......is, by default, a dickhead.

Case. Closed