It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook will spend so much reviewing political ads this year that it will lose money on them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

“We’re essentially going to be losing money on running political ads,” because the company is hiring “thousands” in advance of the 2018 elections, Zuckerberg said in an interview today. “That cost is going to be greater than the money that we make.”
The effort is part of Facebook’s reaction to the 2016 U.S. presidential election, when Russian-sponsored actors attempted to intervene by posting ads - as well as using fake users, accounts and groups.

F acebook will spend so much reviewing political ads this year that it will lose money on them

So this is interesting, it seems the liberal propaganda machine is going to double down(again) for the 2018 election. Facebook is so concerned with the 2018 election, they don't care about their shareholders in actually making money.

What do you think the agenda here is? Is Facebook really that interested in making sure we get "good political ads" ?

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

No they just got their heads so far up their azzes the alternative hasn't occured to them yet:

Ban all politics from facebook.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

No they just got their heads so far up their azzes the alternative hasn't occured to them yet:

That seems to be the obvious answer to me... if they are really that concerned, why not just disallow political ads period

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great time to sell any stock you have in this shill company.

They are still listening to everyone's private conversations through their devices when they install messenger.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   

O.k, well, firstly......from MSN and "Recode"..........so, I dunno. Kara Swisher with Recode is sort of in Zuck's camp so this may be hyperbole.

Second, won't happen........it couldn't possibly cost that much. What Zuck is doing is virtue signaling to the effect that all the political ads will be treated and vetted equally. They won't. All they have to do is filter out pro-Republican/Nazi ads and filter out all ads attacking Dems/Leftist Progressives. But they can't say that's what they'll do; so this statement is shot out to paint the picture of being fair and impartial.

What's really going on is that Zuck has figured out that he's got to play along with the Leftists and he'll do that by facilitating the Leftist hive-mind mechanisms. And............he'll make buckets of bucks doing it!

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Is it just me or were we better off as a society before cell phones, Facebook and Twitter? Honestly, I think fondly of the time before these social media giants were around destroying the world and wasting people's time.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

All technologies that have the potential to benefit are turned into entertainment in the private sector, sadly it's of our own making if not acceptance. We're in the information age, and can "communicate" (talk at) with almost anyone in the world, yet people are more confused than ever and can't have a coherent conversation, that's no accident.
edit on 5/2/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
these people are fricken clueless

this is what happens when you make hiring choices based on things that have nothing to do with someone's ability to effectively do the job at hand

this hiring practice is pervasive in tech

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Squeaky clean political ads equal useless political ads.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good. I hope that sneaky runt Zuckapig goes bust.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
So they won't make any money on political ads. I have some valuable business advise for Facebook. Don't take any ads, save the cost and avoid a loss.

Unfortunately, I'm sure it has more to do with propagandizing. I'm betting Zuch made a bunch of new friends in DC when he was called to testify a few weeks ago. The battle plan for the mid-terms was made on that trip.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
too bad it wont be enough to bankrupt farcebook to shut it down .

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Or better yet, ban facebook.

posted on May, 2 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
That would be bad "business", very un-capitalistic thinking. As a "business", if you lose money, doing something? Why would you do it? Let alone advertise it?
O'l Zuck should take his Billions and call it quits, while he can still see the strings and operate scissors. Before the "IRS".."discovers" his "hidden" underwear drawer...

new topics

top topics

join