It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police and the present state of things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I came across this one where a guy who knows his rights as a citizen is stopped by the Police for nothing, the Police are obviously nice guys, who seemed to have got it into their heads probably from above , that they can just stop anyone they fancy. When asked for the reasons for the questioning they don't seem to have much of a clue, so this innocent chap ends up with two constables and a Sergeant, with another constable having to call back to the station, to check on what laws he has to use to carry on with this interrogation. They finally agree that they cant force the guy to give them any details as he hasn't done anything wrong, but he has to submit to a search just in case he might be carrying a screw driver. It get hilarious when the guy asks
a constable for a hug.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Bwahaha that is comedy gold lol. That part about do you have any needles is funny as hell. Kinda reminds me of me when I was about 21. I used to get pulled over often just because cops used to be bored in Oklahoma and I was young. I have never received a driving infraction but always got asked if I would consent to a search of my vehicle. It got to a point that I decided I would start to be a troll to the police. I ended up keeping duct tape, rope, zip ties and garbage bags in my trunk. The cops always got so pissed off that they handcuff me and interrogate me for about an hour. All I would do is " I didn't know those where in there". They don't like that btw lol

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

In Britain you have to have a TV License if you watch live TV.. But it seems that the people are getting pissed with the whole system. Community cops that are not real Policemen, Parking Wardens that seem to have had their powers increased, are the Limeys starting to wise up

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Whoah what??? A tv license to watch live tv?! WTF man, that seems outrages to me an American. I had no idea that laws like that exist in a western society. Seems I need to catch up a bit. Sorry that is a thing there.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Is community watch similar to a neighborhood watch here in the states?

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Seems they are wanabee cops employed b the council

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Police community support officers are employed by the police authority, they do not have powers of arrest or even carry sticks.
Most of them have been laid off in my area due to budget cuts, but most people ignored them anyway.

Last time I was arrested a PCSO tried to detain me first and I told him to back the # away until real cops arrived if he didn't want a punch in the face, he complied, real cops arrived, I was arrested, then released no charges a couple of hours later.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Lol I've never had a TV licence, I get a knock on the door once every couple of years and tell them to piss off.
They have no powers of entry, or any more authority of anyone than I have.

join