It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

corrupt foster care

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
My pregnant girlfriend told me something I find alarming. It seems all pregnant women in CA are tested not only for drugs but for alcohol and nicotine as well. How scary is this? Once upon a time your OB told you a glass of wine or a hit of weed, was not only permissible but therapeutic for the pregnant mother. This still holds true. Sad thing is, drug addiction and alcoholism is so rampant among pregnant women these days that no amount can be condoned. All expectant mothers are treated with suspicion as a result.
Foster care in CA has exploded as more and more children are taken from their mothers! Yet the amount of foster parents accused of criminal neglect today is staggering! I personally have witnesses two foster homes run by blatant drug addicts. Somebody's got to be making big bucks as a result of this shameful disgrace!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This just seems really strange to me.
When I was pregnant my doctor wouldn't dream of testing me for drugs, nor would he now. But in Canada drug tests are far from normal under any circumstance, so that plays a big part.

In my opinion, they have no right to request a drug test while pregnant and doing so is leading us to a place I don't like.

new topics

join