It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weedkiller found in granola and crackers, internal FDA emails show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I can already sense the pro and anti GMO crowds getting ready to unleash blood curdling shrieks to be heard around the internet for weeks to come

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Outstanding post!

I cannot believe how much glysophate is in our food and in our bodies. They have found this poison in 1/3 of all human breastmilk. It is a national health crisis that Monsanto won’t allow anyone to talk about.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
I can already sense the pro and anti GMO crowds getting ready to unleash blood curdling shrieks to be heard around the internet for weeks to come

This is about the roundup poison in our food supply. The GMO issue is a completely different issue, but no less important.

All I ask on GMOs is that the products we put in our bodies be clearly labeled and allow consumers to make informed choices.
edit on 2018/4/30 by Metallicus because: Eta

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I can't imagine what's in the food here in HK.

We have some local farms but most come out of china.

Frozen import veggies are expensive and still no guarantee.

I knew broccoli was evil!

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What else is it found in?
If I buy a bag of potatoes... is it in them too?

I guess I have to buy expensive organic food to avoid it?

Potato farmers use a different chemical now. The Department of Agriculture determined that a reduction in potato crop output was happening, so now the recommendation is to use one of the other two chemicals that do about the same thing as glyphosate. The other two chemicals are not quite as toxic to people as glyphosate.

posted on Apr, 30 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The reason for the increase is because of preharvest treatments of grains to dry off the grain for harvesting. The governing body raised the allowable limits of residue because of this in about 2011 or so, this preharvest treatment is now happening almost everywhere. The new limit is almost ten times the old limit in PPB. I watched two agricultural videos explaining how to properly do the treatment, but most farmers cannot follow the recommendations. They do it when they have the equipment available to harvest which is an allocated time spot.

The levels in foods now are probably not safe for many people, a lot of people cannot metabolize much of the glyphosate out of their bodies, the old limit before the increase was even pushing it. We will be seeing way more brain cancer now and lots more meds for depression and anxiety.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht

Nothing like a slow painful death from a lifetime of accumulating toxins such as Roundup, Fluoride, and vaccines.

Don't worry, it's perfectly safe if you just micro-dose yourself over many years, lmao. I'm being sarcastic obviously, the chemicals do accumulate over time and it's certainly not healthy to have all these sources of toxins slowly leeching into our body, despite what any skeptic may claim. What I truly don't understand is why these psychopaths don't realize it also affects them and their own families, they have to live in the same world as us, and it's not like they can avoid all of the foods this stuff gets into. They are just completely insane.
edit on 1/5/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

All I ask on GMOs is that the products we put in our bodies be clearly labeled and allow consumers to make informed choices.

Sorry that's too much information, we cannot have informed consumers knowing what they are eating.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I use a very effective weedkiller.
It's called gardening gloves and some back work.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The soil has been ruined by Monsanto. If you've seen Interstellar, Monsanto would be the real life reason we have to leave Earth in that scenario. Fusarium oxysporum fungus in the Roundup wake..
edit on 1-5-2018 by Prene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sounds a whole lot better if it was simply "Killer Weed found in Granola and Crackers".

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is about the roundup poison in our food supply. The GMO issue is a completely different issue, but no less important.
They are intricately intertwined. There wouldn't be as much glyphosate (or roundup) in our food supply if it wasn't for GMO "roundup resistant" crops that can survive application of roundup.

If you spray glyphosate (or roundup) on non-GMO crops it can kill those along with the weeds, so I suspect you won't find much glyphosate in those crops.

There are other reasons for making genetic modifications, but I think one of the most common is for tolerance to glyphosate/roundup.

The Pros and Cons of Herbicide-Tolerant GMOs

In this post, I will discuss herbicide-tolerant crops—among the most common GMOs currently on the market...

Monsanto made chemical control even easier by bringing herbicide-tolerant soybeans to the market (other crops followed). The seeds were genetically-engineered to withstand a popular broad-spectrum herbicide called glyphosate, marketed as Roundup Ready, which meant farmers could plant the crops, spray the field with herbicide, and call it a day.
So, GMO and glyphosate may be different things, but there is a strong interrelationship.

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

If you spray glyphosate (or roundup) on non-GMO crops it can kill those along with the weeds, so I suspect you won't find much glyphosate in those crops.
Glyphosate is used for both pre-planting weed control and for pre-harvest treatments for non-GM crops (wheat, oats). It's the latter which is probably of most concern as far as glyphosate entering the food supply goes.
edit on 5/3/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Government agencies should get paid by corporations instead of taxpayers at the rate they're going.

That appears to be the issue , they are getting paid by corporations.

However with a slight caveat the tax payers are also paying them.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's certainly found in some water supplies as well.

It's hard to believe the fda who has allowed mass amounts of sugar, and buried tobacco reports would lie.

posted on May, 10 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Sounds a whole lot better if it was simply "Killer Weed found in Granola and Crackers".

No. Just no.
There would be a tremendous run on the stores for Granola and Crackers by folks my age....

posted on May, 11 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Phage

It's certainly found in some water supplies as well.

It's hard to believe the fda who has allowed mass amounts of sugar, and buried tobacco reports would lie.

indeed, its almost as if the fda act as damage control.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dogwooddoors
Out west, North Dakota and Montana that i know of, they spray the fields with roundup right before harvesting the crops.
yes

yep here too

BUT IT'S NOT GLYPHOSATE.....it's friggin human intended vaccine

top topics

<< 1   >>

join