It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exotic Tick Species Identified on Hunterdon County Farm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
This is obvious more time travel. Seriously though when US got ticks. I never remember US ever getting any ticks. I remember Ticks came from Africa. Asia never had any ticks at all. What is this BS?

I'm not on the Starbase shooting down space rocks as usual cause some jackass keeps trying to save someone fking the timeline over. Inb4 US will never win, if they do win we all lose. Fake Capitalism. Boycotted how many time and nothing happens? So GG humanity.

Oh btw welcome to a new timeline where Toy R Us is extremely weird.

www.grammarly.com...

What the hell are you talking about? Lol

US has always had tics at least as far back as I can remember

Dunno how you turned that into some timeline shift

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Depending where you live, if predators are an issue, guinea hens are better than chickens. There's not much, animal or human, that will mess with your property if you have 6+ guinea hens lol. They are major tick eaters, rattlesnake killers, alarms, guard dogs and all around great birds.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: katerinaGrace
Yikes..i just pried a very small tick off a spot below my elbow,i don't know how long it's been on me. Hope i don't get tick fever,i had it once many years ago and it makes one feel hellish sick for quite a few days.Looked like the American dog tick.Very small little black one.

Make sure you got the whole tick. Usually people pry them off and leave the head buried in their skin.

Dabbing tea tree oil on them kills them and then can be pulled out safely, also they recommend now using the freeze spray used for burning warts off as the most effective and safe tick remover.

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Did some digging one the 24 hour thing and what I learned was that it isn't so much the tick attaching itself and feeding off of your blood but the danger of infection from what ever the hell disease they are carrying is when they get so full off of feeding they regurgitate back into you.

So just as I thought, if you are out foraging or rolling around in mother nature, the best thing to do is get naked and make sure you don't have any of the little bastards on you!

posted on Apr, 21 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
Depending where you live, if predators are an issue, guinea hens are better than chickens. There's not much, animal or human, that will mess with your property if you have 6+ guinea hens lol. They are major tick eaters, rattlesnake killers, alarms, guard dogs and all around great birds.

Yes, they were being killed by H5N1 bird flu bioweapons and banned from being farmed by other people. Such as in cities.

Anyways there are many plants to deter ticks. The best one is Mint! Mint is used to cure coughing and kill certain bacteria infections. It also deters mice and mosquitoes.

www.google.com...
edit on 21-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We never had ticks around my place until about 6 years ago. You'd pick them up near the river in early summer, but now they are every where, esp. the American Dog tick.

They started becoming a problem in the western Michigan counties near Lake Michigan, apparently making their way from Wisconsin. Now they are heading east into the other counties.

Cases of tick-borne Lyme disease up 500 percent in Michigan - LANSING, MICH. - Cases of Lyme disease are up 500 percent in Michigan -- that's according to the latest information just released by the state's Department of Health and Human Services.

April 13, 2017 - Tick Borne Diseases The past few years have saw a dramatic increase in tick activity throughout Michigan. Anecdotally, many life-time Michiganders are telling me that they have seen more ticks in the past year than in their whole life. There are several reasons for this. For one, deer ticks have been migrating into Michigan in greater numbers since the 2000s, so there are simply more deer ticks living in the state, especially on the west side. Increased deer populations, decreased hunting, and conversion of farms into residential subdivisions with treed lots are also contributors.

Along with this increased activity comes renewed fears about tick borne illnesses. In this article, we will review the basics about Lyme disease, but also Powassan virus, a little known but very debilitating tick borne illness that people need to be aware of.

Lyme Disease: Causes and Symptoms Lyme disease is the most common tick borne illness in the United States. Symptoms of Lyme disease can include: chronic fatigue, arthritis-like joint pain; fevers and headaches; neurological disorders; memory loss; heart palpitations; partial facial paralysis. Lyme disease is caused by a corkscrew shaped bacteria called Borrelia burgdorferei. Though the bacteria initially infects the blood, its spirochetal form enables it to travel out of our blood stream and into body tissue. This ability to migrate means that symptoms may pop up in various places in the body. Treatments for Lyme disease are difficult after the bacteria has had time to migrate throughout the body. Because the symptoms are similar to other disease manifestations, it is sometimes difficult to diagnose Lyme disease. In a recent study, the most obvious symptom, the large red skin rash surrounding the location of the tick bite appeared in only 68% of all cases. The tick bite itself is not often noticed or remembered. At the nymphal stage, when it is most dangerous, the tick is so small – about the size of piece of ground pepper, that most Lyme disease victims do not remember experiencing a bite, or seeing a tick. Blood tests are often inconclusive because the disease generates a weak, and therefore not easily detectable, immune system response. It is difficult to treat if it is not detected early. This makes dealing with Lyme disease a challenge, as early detection and early treatment are the key to recovery.

Powassan Virus Powassan (POW) virus is a viral disease transmitted to humans by infected ticks. Approximately 75 cases of POW virus disease were reported in the United States over the past 10 years. Most cases have occurred in the Northeast and Great Lakes region. Signs and symptoms of infection can include fever, headache, vomiting, weakness, confusion, seizures, and memory loss. Long-term neurologic problems may occur. There is no specific treatment, but people with severe POW virus illnesses often need to be hospitalized to receive respiratory support, intravenous fluids, or medications to reduce swelling in the brain. Powassan virus attacks the nervous system and can infect the brain causing inflammation, a condition known as encephalitis. It can also infect the lining of the brain, causing meningitis. Symptoms of infection range widely from none to death. Serious infections can cause severe headache, muscle weakness, confusion and seizures within a week or more after infection. Long-term neurological effects may also result. Fatalities have been reported in 10 percent of cases with serious neurological disease. Fortunately, most infections appear not to cause serious illness . . .

Powassan virus has been spreading in recent years. This is due to an important change in the ecology of Powassan virus in that the deer tick has recently become infected with the virus. Until a few decades ago, it was only transmitted by a tick species that does not commonly bite humans and human cases were extremely rare. This recent change in the ecology of Powassan virus has caused concern within the public health community. Powassan is spreading due to the expansion in the range of deer ticks. Because deer ticks can now transmit Powassan virus infection to humans, cases are being reported in areas where they have never occurred before. As the geographic range of Lyme disease expands, so will Powassan.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie

Another great idea

I never would have thought about chickens let alone guinea hens.
ATS can be a great place to be

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

This is obvious more time travel. Seriously though when US got ticks. I never remember US ever getting any ticks. I remember Ticks came from Africa. Asia never had any ticks at all. What is this BS?

US has ticks, Canada has ticks. Since decades ago.

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

"Applying heat can increase [the tick's] saliva production and if its infected with something increase pathogen transmission," Macaluso said.

www.usatoday.com...

Yea i see some people like to chime in with articles of speculation.

However i speak from experience on the matter. Meaning that burning the tic off actually works.

So not a myth at all as internet speculation says.

It is simply that when pain is induced into the body of the tic it will release it's grasp.

Now burning to the point of death to the tic is not the goal.

As far as a tic vomiting i am not sure but the article states the saliva could be diseased and more be injected into you. However if you are bitten by an infected tic then it is already too late to avoid infection...

Macaluso said ticks secrete compounds that make humans or animals they are attached to unaware they are being bitten or fed on. "[Ticks are] are secreting factors into the skin at the bite site that inhibit the host's initial response, so you don't feel it," he said.

www.wikihow.life...

Now leaches will indeed vomit if improperly removed from a body.
edit on 22-4-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

This guy is absolute proof ticks are either invading or released as bioweapon.

originally posted by: snowspirit

US has ticks, Canada has ticks. Since decades ago.

You haven't live long enough to see whats coming son. Dig back history to find truth. Wiki has a lot of boycott info on US.

www.acsh.org...
www.statista.com...
www.nationalobserver.com...
edit on 22-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
a reply to: seeker1963

One of my earlier threads, actually. Didn't get a whole lot of attention though.

Plum Island, Ticks and Lyme disease

Thank you for your comment. I went back and read your OP. I noticed that you stated, "according to the CDC Lyme's is an STD and a diagnosis will put you on the CDC's STD database."

WOW, that's not good! Could you please find a link for that.
BTW, I flagged your OP to see additional comments.

edit on V182018Sundaypm30America/ChicagoSun, 22 Apr 2018 15:18:54 -05001 by Violater1 because: jhviuojk[

posted on Apr, 22 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Its been on the forum since 2004.

Edit: Hyperlink is not working on this website.

www.google.com...:www.abovetopsecret.com&client=firefox-b&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiT9JGckc_aAhUMw4MKHfmxD84QrQI IMSgEMAA&biw=1366&bih=650

Before this thread, there was another one about invasive ticks.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-4-2018 by makemap because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join