It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rosenstein Told Trump He’s Not a Target in Mueller Probe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Donald Trump last week that he isn’t a target of any part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Rosenstein, who brought up the Mueller probe himself, offered the assurance during a meeting with Trump at the White House last Thursday, a development that helped tamp down the president’s desire to remove Rosenstein or Mueller, the people said.

After the meeting, Trump told some of his closest advisers that it’s not the right time to remove either man since he’s not a target of the probe. One person said Trump doesn’t want to take any action that would drag out the investigation.

www.bloomberg.com...

Interesting if true.

Some possibilities.

1. this is fake, as it is anonymously sourced.

2. Rosenstein said this, but it is either a lie or cleverly worded and trump may in the future be the target.

3. Its true, and the investigation is a fishing expedition for other people.

My prediction is the investigation will come winding down, and nothing will change, because now the super awesome new investigation by the NY attorney is what is really important!!!

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The reasoning being given is believable...and repulsive.

I would hope he didn't really insinuate that the reason he is leaving either in place is because they aren't investigating him.

Beyond that...my inner troll revels in the possibility that Mueller will not mention Trump in his final report beyond passing reference.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Didn't we already hear this from Mueller?
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The reasoning being given is believable...and repulsive.

I would hope he didn't really insinuate that the reason he is leaving either in place is because they aren't investigating him.

Beyond that...my inner troll revels in the possibility that Mueller will not mention Trump in his final report beyond passing reference.

Yeah I am with you on Trumps supposed insinuation.

Though I dont think its as bad as it appears.

Remember, Comety admitted trump told him he wanted him to find anyone on his team that acted illegally with russians and get them. He was just mad because he was being tolld by comey he wasnt a target, but comey wouldnt tell the public that.

By that same token, if trump knows he is innocent, and people on his team are suggesting he fire mueller, maybe he is just saying "hey I am not even a target, so there is no reason to end it"

But seeing the unprecednted treatment trump has gotten from the establishment, including the media and intel community, I dont blame him for being frustrated

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Didn't we already hear this from Mueller?
www.washingtonpost.com...

alledgedly
this is from muellers boss
effectively its over as rr will make the recommendation to the house

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What's over?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

the trump investigation

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Considering this is all lawyers and prosecutors I am going to go with the second half of #2. A carefully worded statement that doesn't preclude future action.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

the trump investigation

What Trump investigation? Even the evil Comey has always said that Trump was not under investigation.
edit on 4/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

www.newsmax.com...

Rudy ! Rudy ! Rudy ! v...................)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The reasoning being given is believable...and repulsive. I would hope he didn't really insinuate that the reason he is leaving either in place is because they aren't investigating him.

That was my thought. If the source is to be believed, it would seem that Trump is be placated to, so that he does not potentially "obstruct justice".
edit on 19-4-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Even the evil Comey has always said that Trump was not under investigation.

So why do we keep hearing how Trump is guilty of Russian collusion? Why do you believe them now?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

1. this is fake, as it is anonymously sourced.

2. Rosenstein said this, but it is either a lie or cleverly worded and trump may in the future be the target.

3. Its true, and the investigation is a fishing expedition for other people.

4. Rosenstein has realized just how deeply he's managed to get his butt in a crack, and he's making nice to try and cover it.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

it would seem that Trump is be placated to, so that he does not potentially "obstruct justice".

That's actually called a pacifier: it shuts them up for a while.

That said, in regards to the OP, only 2 and 3 are the realistic options.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

So why do we keep hearing how Trump is guilty of Russian collusion?
I don't keep hearing that. Maybe you do. But I do hear about an investigation into involvement of members of the campaign with Russian efforts to influence the election.

Why do you believe them now?
Because there is little reason to doubt that there is an investigation into involvement of members of the campaign with Russian efforts to influence the election.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I don't keep hearing that. Maybe you do.

I do. Maybe you just aren't looking.

Would you then point out the inaccuracy of someone who states or implies that Trump is guilty of Russian collusion?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

the trump investigation

What Trump investigation? Even the evil Comey has always said that Trump was not under investigation.

hahahahahahahahaha

sure he wasn't
that's why comey wouldn't announce that fact right?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I do. Maybe you just aren't looking.
Why would I look for people who misrepresent the investigation? Why do you?

Would you then point out the inaccuracy of someone who states or implies that Trump is guilty of Russian collusion?
Everyone is welcome to their opinion. But if someone claims that Trump has been under investigation for Russian collusion I would point out that is not the case. I sort of just did. To you.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Good.

I would expect such.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

So in your honest opinion, do you think this is the first election the Russians have tried to influence? Do you think that we don't try to influence other countries elections? Did you express your concerns the last election? Were you worried, or is it just that your preferred candidate did not win?

Honestly, everyone talks how intelligent you are, but knowing this, your obvious bias is puzzling. I may not win any IQ contests anytime soon, but even I recognize that whether D or R, our political system is corrupt as F. I don't ever see you discussing these possibilities. I only see you show up to give an opinion on corruption on the R side. Could be entirely wrong, I'm not on here 24-7. But do you think you might be biased?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join