It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lord Soap Box and the evolution of RANT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Greetings my fellow conspirators!

Check this video out:

It is some footage which shows the craziness and satire without trying of Speaker's Corner at Hyde Park in London:

en.wikipedia.org...

What does this remind you of ATS? Is it not the origins of our virtual Speaker's Corner here at ATS?

I love all this. I love listening to all people and what they say, even when it gets crazy. It is sad because political correctness destroys it. Political Correctness is like refined white bread and white sugar. Wholemeal and Honey is much better and healthier (in MODeration). I think Political Correctness is a fascism of a kind. It IMPOSES and stamps an alien agenda, blanket ban on everything that contradicts it. Really it is a kind of Liberal Hitler; the Control Freak incarnate and will have the same fate as David's Census. I think that is why so many of us are bashing it and chanting it down. It is not that Multi Culturalism has not worked, only that Political Correctnes has sabotaged it and led it like a False Prophet.

Political Correctness is destroying what it says it is there to protect. Come on, guys, you got to admit that it is making more problems than it solves. Is Anti Semitism healed since the advent of Political Correctness? I don't think so. I think it is encouraging it and making everything a whole lot worse, stirring up the smelly stuff in our faces, constantly, day after day, marginalizing, discriminating, extending differences instead of exploring common ground. That is why i will never be a fan. It is destroying what is precious to me; Mutliculturalism and ridding us in a proper way, through negotiation, relations and just natural "getting used to each other", of our distrust for what is different. There is no miracle cure. There is only evolution and understanding. Poliical Correctness has not worked. Multiculuralism still has a chance. It will have to happen because EVOLUTION is wanting it and any other way is the highway, Mister. We all know what becomes of that which contradicts or does not measure up to the evolutionary process; it goes all T Rex. In the finish I believe Evolution is going to universalize us, any way. All the best bits of what we are will be accepted as wheat and the worst bits will be chaff.

I was married to the grand niece of a very famous Lord called Lord Donald Soper. He was a Methodist Minister, English Lord, Pacifist and Non-Violence campaigner. He was so successful in his broadcasts during the 2nd World War aparently that he was banned from broadcasting for the duration. He was very popular at Speaker's Corner and they called him "Lord Soap Box". He spoke there for many many years:

www.soundsurvey.org.uk...
(Two audio recordings of Lord Soper).

I am obviously not going to poo poo the new. Britain has changed so much. I am not going to say I want all the "foreigners" to leave because we can't change what evolution is doing to us. It is not some conspiracy. It is evolution. It does not mean that the West has to lay down and die though because the West needs to lead. I hope that we can fall back in love with who we were and are. I hope we can learn to love ourselves again and even get back on the tracks with the Christian Teacher who invented the West. It is very dangerous to turn your back on your Creator. I fear your whole world will come tumbling down and what replaces it will make you a follower of something instead of a leader, to be just another instead of THE ONE.

I have already fallen back in love with us. That is what all my threads have been about. It is the art of stitching ourselves back together. All liberals will have to do this in one way or another. I think all of us will. If I am doing it then that is a good omen.

I want to get myself back into the Church in some way. it is vital that I do, but here in Cornwall it is just full of older ladies now. A crazy Jim Morrison type like me will not fit in with the tea, cakes and ices. Yet I can still be a Jim and have a Christian spirit, why not?

I hope I have managed to remind you of a little something here that helps?

edit on 19-4-2018 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Political correctness isn’t destroying anything..

Rightwing hacks go find individual examples of idiots who are not elected officials or heads of some big group, saying something retarded.

Then they pretend that everyone not a card carrying conservative feels the same way as the random nobody who said something retarded..

It’s propaganda.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Political Correctness is fascism of the polite.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Political correctness isn’t destroying anything..

Rightwing hacks go find individual examples of idiots who are not elected officials or heads of some big group, saying something retarded.

Then they pretend that everyone not a card carrying conservative feels the same way as the random nobody who said something retarded..

It’s propaganda.

There is an entire planet outside of the United States you know?

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The United Planet of America.

*shudders*

top topics

join