It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BZ samples tested at Swiss lab in Skripal case ‘nothing to do’ with Salisbury – OPCW chief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Samples of the BZ nerve agent were tested at the OPCW-accredited Swiss lab in the Skripal poisoning case, but only as part of control procedures, the chemical watchdog said, adding they otherwise had “nothing to do” with the case.

Ahmet Uzumcu, the director general of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), made comments on Wednesday to the OPCW executive council. He and Marc-Michael Blum, the head of the technical assistance team that was deployed to the UK to assist in the high-profile case in Salisbury, delivered an update on the OPCW’s work related to the case.

Source

So today had a meeting of their Executive Council. Chief among the topics discussed was the poisoning of the Skripals in Salisbury.

The OPCW's director general, Ahmet Uzumcu, stated that the BZ Russia's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Sergey Lavrov, claimed was detected in the sample was actually part of a control sample and had nothing to do with the Salisbury incident. Uzumcu then urged the members present to put their trust in the labs that have been designated to handle this case.

The results of the OPCW report were also reiterated. The labs employed by the OPCW confirmed the results of the UK's analysis. That being that the agent was Novichok.

Unfortunately for investigators the sample contained no impurities. This makes it impossible to trace the chemical back to its source. To me that makes it sound like it was definitely produced in a lab and not by some rogue agent like some have suggested.

There's clearly a lot more work that needs to be done. But this is a step towards confirming the narrative that has been presented by the British government.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Uzumcu then urged the members present to put their trust in the labs that have been designated to handle this case.

If you ask me to trust you, I'll instantly, do not. Maybe I've been lied to too much so far.

That being said, good thing they finally presented a conclusion.

Who we bombing next?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Let's see the specific report that that Russians are talking about.
Coming out with this days after the claim makes it seem like the OPCW are concocting a reason.
Spiez Lab could easily have said - 'no, they were just controlled samples'.
I certainly won't just trust the OPCW, so, the actual report, please.

edit on 18/4/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Spiez Lab came out almost immediately and said that Lavrov was wrong. Porton Down identified the agent as Novichok. Multiple OPCW labs identified the agent as Novichok. There is a report accessible to the public that states the agent is Novichok. The Russians are even acquiesing that they were wrong about the BZ claim.

What more do you need? A classified report that you know you'll never be able to access?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You beat me to it, I was going to post a thread about this too.
We had a lot of posters coming in claiming how Great Britain was responsible for this after the Kremlin again tried spreading lies and propaganda about the poisoning.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
So the OPCW are not to be trusted but the report they issued is?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Who said the OPCW is not to be trusted?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Do you understand that rogue operators can also operate in a laboratory? You do realise that laboratory conditions can be created by anyone qualified to erect the necessary protections within a building, structure or site, right?

Also, no one is arguing whether or not the substance is Novichok. No one. The question being asked is "How can we be certain that this specific sample was created by Russia", and no one appears to want to answer that question. Until it is answered, fully and without doubt, then no action ought to be taken.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: UKTruth

Spiez Lab came out almost immediately and said that Lavrov was wrong. Porton Down identified the agent as Novichok. Multiple OPCW labs identified the agent as Novichok. There is a report accessible to the public that states the agent is Novichok. The Russians are even acquiesing that they were wrong about the BZ claim.

What more do you need? A classified report that you know you'll never be able to access?

Not correct.
Spiez Lab confirmed half of what the Russians said and left out the other half, referring to the OPCW.
The OPCW MAY be telling the truth, but I don't trust anyone who says 'trust me'.
I want to see the report before coming to any conclusion.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There is one thing i find very strange about this.

The Skirpals supposedly got the Nerve Agent on their hands from the front door handle of their house.

They then went to a restaurant, where they would have handled cutlery, plates, glasses etc. Yet no restaurant staff have been reported to have been infected with the Nerve Agent.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So after reading it seems this means nothing?

Did i miss something here or did i miss everything here?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

It doesn't really tell us anything new. It does however refute the alternate narrative Russia has been putting out while adding support to the UK narrative.

It also leads to the question, why has Russia been trying to muddy the waters if they're innocent?

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
To the OP. This is embarrassing for Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov who claimed BZ was the nerve agent used and therefore it was a US/UK job. This "theory" was then widely reported by the Russian state-owned press.

Now this particular alternative reality has been foiled. I am surprise Russia Today have been able to report this with a straight face, but they have played down their sensational reporting that BZ was the proof needed to get Russia off the hook and clearly showed Russia to be innocent of all charges.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Who we bombing next?

Canada. I hope They have had it coming to them for a long time now.

Or those cheating swine in Australia.

Whichever is good with me.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Maybe they washed their hands before eating? Who knows.

You don't get "infected" by a nerve agent.

Only one thing you find strange about this? You must have posted hundreds of things by now.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Maybe they washed their hands before eating? Who knows.

You don't get "infected" by a nerve agent.

Only one thing you find strange about this? You must have posted hundreds of things by now.

Why are they ripping up half of Salisbury Town Centre then ? Grass, paving slabs etc .

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Here you go:

"Infected" Dictionary Definition.

You get infected by germs or disease etc.

Yes, the latest from here is that it will be going on until Christmas.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Why are they ripping up half of Salisbury Town Centre then ? Grass, paving slabs etc .

Er, they are not. However, this may help answer your question.

Salisbury Journal

Salisbury’s Wiltshire Council offices and police station will close for up to eight weeks for decontamination. The Bourne Hill offices will close to staff and public from Friday. The decontamination work will focus on two locations in Bourne Hill which were sealed off following the incident on 4 March.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I really don't think that Lavrov is capable of feeling embarrassment. He is a pretty brazen liar.

posted on Apr, 18 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

That's just Bourne Hill. Here:

Salisbury Journal

Word here is its going to take until Christmas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join