It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report: McCabe Lack of Candor (Lying) Under Oath

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Has anyone had a look at the other thread about this, the one by antediluvian? I can't make myself go over ther yet- I'm afraid that reading the excuses and deflections will get me too angry. Has anyone checked that thread?

Why are you scared of different opinions? Do we need a special section for Trump/right-wing only members?

Just go read it and find out. Knowing for yourself what others are saying will help you a lot. It is why I often read the right-wing circle jerk threads. Got to know what the spin of the day is and those are the best place to find it.

I'm not afraid of differing opinions. What I don't like is seeing the Us vs. Them battles that tend to happen when certain members post at each other.

Many times it devolves into "But Trump!" or "But Hillary" and people end up defending the PERSON, not the principal.

The way we go at it these days is just that; defending or attacking the candidate/person/party instead of defending or attacking the principals we want them to stand for.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
a reply to: Pyle

Horowitz left it to the DOJ to decide what action to take.
up:

Hold up....so the DOJ is going to decide what to do with the criminals from the DOJ (and FBI)? That does not sound good 😳. Please tell me I'm misunderstanding...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Has anyone had a look at the other thread about this, the one by antediluvian? I can't make myself go over ther yet- I'm afraid that reading the excuses and deflections will get me too angry. Has anyone checked that thread?

Why are you scared of different opinions? Do we need a special section for Trump/right-wing only members?

Just go read it and find out. Knowing for yourself what others are saying will help you a lot. It is why I often read the right-wing circle jerk threads. Got to know what the spin of the day is and those are the best place to find it.

I'm not afraid of differing opinions. What I don't like is seeing the Us vs. Them battles that tend to happen when certain members post at each other.

Many times it devolves into "But Trump!" or "But Hillary" and people end up defending the PERSON, not the principal.

The way we go at it these days is just that; defending or attacking the candidate/person/party instead of defending or attacking the principals we want them to stand for.

The spin is that the OIG hid all the examples of McCabe breaking the law from the report and the DOJ is going to do another investigation to uncover criminal acts never mind the fact that the OIG can investigate and refer charges to the DOJ if they find any illegal conduct.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

OIG for the OIG for the OIG for the OIG.
There must be something there.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Whats the saying? "If you dig deep enough everyone is guilty of something."

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Not me.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

They needed a prosecutor for the criminal acts uncovered. No special counsel needed. Just Huber---the prosecutor from outside the DC milieu.

Pyle:, I'll explain one more time: Horowitz didn't cover McCabe's further irregularities let's call them, he just dealt with the specific lack of candor in this first report.

The reason some documents are being withheld or redacted in relation to house oversight is most likely because they are Grand Jury evidence.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

A PATTERN IS EMERGING:

Exhibit-A
Asst FBI Director Andy McCabe leaked info to the MSM. The next day when the MSM reported the leaked-story and credited with "Anonymous Sources" at the FBI, McCabe called top FBI managers to his office and chewed them out for not stopping the leaks.
Source: twitter.com...

Exhibit-B
Asst A.G. Rod Rosenstein recommended to Donald Trump that FBI Director James Comey be fired. Trump fired Comey.
Two weeks later, Rod Rosenstein recommended that Bob Mueller add "Obstruction of Justice" to his Trump-Russia Collusion investigation. Why? Because President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey.

These people are SICK! Rosenstein MUST follow Comey and McCabe OUT THE DOOR!

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Devin Nunes:

Gets information from the White House which, according to him, supports Trump's claim that he was wiretapped by Obama (and doesn't). Then takes that information back to the White House.

Hilarious.

Yes, whataboutism. So what? When can we expect the big reveal about that 2 page document that's going to blow the FISA case wide open?

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I can see you are pretty much clueless about anything that CNN or BuzzFeed doesn't tell you.

It begins here...

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Thanks.
Nunes said he was satisfied with what was presented last week.

When's the big reveal about how illegal the FISA warrant was?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yes, whataboutism. So what? When can we expect the big reveal about that 2 page document that's going to blow the FISA case wide open?

That 2-page document merely CONFIRMED that an Australian spook passed info to Papadopoulos at a Australian nightclub. The redacted version had been seen already. The House Intel Committee just wanted to see what names were redacted. Now they know. That "story" is now confirmed by intel.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

You forgot to mention that it also seems to confirm that the FISA warrant was not based solely on the dossier but included the big mouth of Papadopolous.

edit on 4/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Most likely OIG report #2 in May. That's also most likely when we'll get to know Huber better too.

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   

OIG?

Why was Nunes pestering the DOJ if the OIG was looking into it?

posted on Apr, 14 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

You really haven't read up on any of this?

Most of that was before Huber was revealed. But, yeah, they are all still putting pressure on.

Although Nunes did cancel Bruce Ohr's January interview. This is most likely because of the testimony Bruce gave to Horowitz and Huber. Nellie turned over all her oppo research too. They are cooperating.

Speaking of cooperation, OIG report #1 owes much to Lisa Page who McCabe lied on. She is cooperating further. Did you notice all the text messages between her and Strzok originated from her inbox? This was after McCabe tried to frame her and explains why she made hers available. Quite possibly how the missing ones were recovered too.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   

The spin is that the OIG hid all the examples of McCabe breaking the law from the report and the DOJ is going to do another investigation to uncover criminal acts never mind the fact that the OIG can investigate and refer charges to the DOJ if they find any illegal conduct.

From where are you getting that spin?? I don't think you're quite following the same story as the rest of us....

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

These people are SICK! Rosenstein MUST follow Comey and McCabe OUT THE DOOR!

....and into jail. Just losing their jobs or retiring is not enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: RadioRobert

Yes. Exactly. Perjury and false statements are criminal offenses. Not the job of the OIG to prosecute crimes. So hardly surprising that the OIG report lacks that language and is focused on failures in the department to adhere to policy.

What do you think Huber has been doing in connection with Horowitz since at least November?

So why would the OIG hide criminal activity from their report? They have the power to refer charges and report criminal activity.

www.washingtonpost.com... ges/2018/04/19/a200cabc-43f3-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html

The Justice Department inspector general referred its finding that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe repeatedly misled investigators who were examining a media disclosure to the top federal prosecutor in D.C. to determine whether McCabe should be charged with a crime, according to people familiar with the matter.

The referral to the D.C. U.S. Attorney’s Office occurred some time ago, after the inspector general concluded McCabe had lied to investigators or his own boss, then-FBI Director James B. Comey, on four occasions, three of them under oath.

Awkward...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join