It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cohen Handled 2017 Payoff of Playmate Impregnated by Major GOP Fundraiser

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
First the new story and then I'll share some more about Broidy.

Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Negotiated $1.6 Million Settlement for Top Republican Fundraiser

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer negotiated a deal in late 2017 to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by a top Republican fundraiser, according to people familiar with the matter.

The deal, which hasn’t previously been reported, prohibits the Los Angeles woman from disclosing her alleged relationship with Mr. Broidy in exchange for $1.6 million to be paid to her over two years in quarterly installments, these people said. The first payment was due Dec. 1, according to one of the people.
“I acknowledge I had a consensual relationship with a Playboy Playmate,” Mr. Broidy said in a statement provided by a spokesman. “At the end of our relationship, this woman shared with me that she was pregnant. She alone decided that she did not want to continue with the pregnancy and I offered to help her financially during this difficult period.”

Now a quick bit of background on Broidy:

In 2009, he plead guilty to bribing disgraced former NY State Comptroller Alan Hevesi. I discussed that back before the election:

In this narrow window where Trump was dumping tens of thousands on this particular scumbag and getting favorable decisions in return, Hevisi was also taking money from Elliott Broidy, the founder and CEO of a private equity firm called Markstone Capital Partners. While accepting upwards of $1 million in overseas travel, campaign donations ($126,800 in total from Broidy) and other benefits received through Hevesi for himself and his cohorts, the corrupt comptroller was giving Broidy access to the New York State Common Pension Fund, one of the largest in the country ($125 billion).

Both men pleaded guilty. Due to being filthy stinking rich and politically connected (sound familiar?), the judge let Broidy plea down to a misdemeanor and completely avoid jail time.

Despite being an obvious swamp creature and Trump's empty promises to "drain the swamp," Broidy served as Vice Chairman for the Trump Victory Committee, a joint fundraising operation of the Trump campaign, RNC and about a dozen state Republican committees. Later, he served as a Vice Chairman of Trump's inaugural committee.

Elliott Broidy can't shake his swamp creature ways and now his name has surfaced in connection to shady deals and influence peddling orchestrated by George Nader, who is a cooperating witness for the Mueller investigation.

How 2 Gulf Monarchies Sought to Influence the White House

Mr. Nader tempted the fund-raiser, Mr. Broidy, with the prospect of more than $1 billion in contracts for his private security company, Circinus, and he helped deliver deals worth more than $200 million with the United Arab Emirates. He also flattered Mr. Broidy about “how well you handle Chairman,” a reference to Mr. Trump, and repeated to his well-connected friend that he told the effective rulers of both Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. about “the Pivotal Indispensable Magical Role you are playing to help them.”

Mr. Nader’s cultivation of Mr. Broidy, laid out in documents provided to The New York Times, provides a case study in the way two Persian Gulf monarchies have sought to gain influence inside the Trump White House. Mr. Nader has been granted immunity in a deal for his cooperation with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, according to people familiar with the matter, and his relationship with Mr. Broidy may also offer clues to the direction of that inquiry.

Broidy is suing the Qataris by the way, claiming that the documents discussed above were obtained by hackers in the employ of the government of Qatar.

Finally, like Michael Cohen himself, Broidy is a Deputy Finance Chair for the RNC. (appointed a year ago)

Stormy only got $130k? I guess if you want to get the big bucks from a corrupt Republican, the way to do is to get pregnant and have an abortion?
edit on 2018-4-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Interesting from WSJ article:

The Broidy agreement uses the same pseudonyms for Mr. Broidy and the woman with whom he was allegedly involved—David Dennison and Peggy Peterson—as the earlier agreement used for Mr. Trump and Ms. Clifford, respectively, the person familiar with the matter said. Both agreements had separate side letters that listed the real names of the parties, this person said.

Oh, but wait... there's more! (hint: Russia!)

Trump donor Elliott Broidy named in Ukraine criminal probe

The Prosecutor General of Ukraine has launched an investigation into claims surrounding an alleged multi-million dollar lobbying contract that names one of US President Donald Trump's most influential fundraisers, Elliott Broidy.

The 12-page document, which appears to have been signed by Broidy, outlines his role as providing "political advocacy" on behalf of a now sanctioned Russian bank, VTB.

The deal was apparently dated June 12, 2014, just weeks before VTB Bank was blacklisted by the United States and European Union as a key Kremlin asset following Russia's invasion of Crimea. Russian President Vladimir Putin is guest of honour at VTB Bank's investor conference every year.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just sounds like Trump was the better dealmaker...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump didn't know anything about it, says Trump.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

But what does this have to do with Trump's presidency?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Trump didn't know anything about it, says Trump.

Yaaaawwnnnnnnnn....Wake me when you actually find something of substance....

I swear you lefties are like new puppies grabbing every stick in the yard wanting to play.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's the article at the hill. No paywall.

thehill.com...

Cohen is quite the negotiator isn't he.

So where did that money for the payoff come from?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace

Not a damn thing.....Just like everything else the Alt-Left has said was the smoking gun.

I'm so tired of nothing burger......

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Redacted pointless post for a pointless thread. Sorry.
edit on 13-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Dude, I was just trying to make a light-hearted joke in response to your point that SD only got $130K.

It was a joke.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Washington isn’t a swamp it’s a sewer, it’s a shame nobody really seems to care unless there’s a D next to their name.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The tl:dr version

Lawyer did his job as a lawyer. Lawyers defend murderers and then represent other people. It's called their job.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

This just in... very high dollar and high profile lawyer in New York City has more than one ultra wealthy client. Film at ele... wait, wait, we're interrupting this breaking news for more breaking news... EXTREMELY WEALTHY MEN LIKE PLAYMATES AND HIGH DOLLAR WHORES. WE REPEAT, EXTREMELY WEALTHY MEN LIKE PLAYMATES AND HIGH DOLLAR WHORES. We're having a hard time believing this news can be true, but it does appear to be the case.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

That was pretty much the gist of my pointless post for a pointless thread.

edit on 13-4-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Brrrr

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Washington isn’t a swamp it’s a sewer, it’s a shame nobody really seems to care unless there’s a D next to their name.

I wish I had a Doctor Evil meme to hand...

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Question? Where did that $1.6 mil come from?

If it came from his own pocket fine.

However if it did not......

And I wonder what his wife thinks about this.

en.wikipedia.org...

A bit on the shady side this guy.

In 2018, Michael Cohen allegedly arranged a $1.6 million hush payment to a Playboy model who says she was impregnated by Republican donor Elliott Broidy In 2009, Broidy entered a guilty plea to a single felony count of attempting to provide excess gratuity to former New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi. The charge was later reduced to a misdemeanor[6][21][22] in exchange for cooperation that helped lead to the conviction of Hevesi and six other pension officials.[8][23] Broidy had provided $1 million in illegal gifts to New York State pension authorities. The gifts included luxury trips to Israel, payouts, and an undisclosed investment in a film produced by the brother of the chief investment officer of the New York State Retirement Fund. In exchange for the gifts, the state pension fund had invested $250 million with Markstone Capital Partners.[8][24] As part of the plea deal, Broidy paid $18 million in restitution of management fees paid by the pension fund to Markstone. In March 2018, The Wall Street Journal reported that Broidy had been in negotiations to earn tens of millions of dollars by lobbying the U.S. Justice Department to drop its investigation into a multibillion-dollar graft scandal involving a Malaysian state investment fund, 1MDB, according to emails reviewed by the Journal. One email showed a proposal that would have given Broidy and his wife $75 million if they got the Justice Department to drop its probe into 1MDB. Broidy also prepared talking points for Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak to tell Trump during his 2017 visit to Washington, DC. This included playing up Malaysia's relationship with the U.S. in fighting North Korea and arguing against pursuing legal action against 1MDB.[25][26] In April 2018, The Wall Street Journal reported that President Donald Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, negotiated a deal to pay $1.6 million to a former Playboy model who said she was impregnated by Elliott Broidy.[27]

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

There ain't nothin that'll wake you up from the coma you're in.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: GuidedKill

There ain't nothin that'll wake you up from the coma you're in.

No Collusion and or impeachment and or charges will be an awakening for us all....

You just wait and see.

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The Broidy agreement uses the same pseudonyms — David Dennison and Peggy Peterson.

$1.6 million.

trumps comment to comey - "do I look like someone who needs to pay for it" LOLOL damn, these men all look like fools.
edit on 13-4-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: katerinaGrace

1. What kind of standard is that? Is Trump's name in the title?

2. When it comes to Broidy, there are actually issues that do involve Trump and his presidency and not just the fact that Trump's bag man gets loaned out to Trump's friends. Did you happen to read further into the OP or the second post?

It looks like Broidy was caught up in an influence peddling scheme with George Nader. And if that lobbying contract turns out to be legit, Trump's pal (and RNC finance vice chair) was acting as a lobbyist for VTB Bank (sanctioned within weeks of the contract) without declaring as a foreign agent.

Let's not forget this is the guy with an indisputable history of bribing politicians. (in fact, the same politician Trump was probably also bribing)

Don't you think that maybe he's exactly the sort of swamp creature that was supposed to be going with the whole draining of the swamp? If anything, his profile has done nothing but elevate.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join