It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Project 1794 Proof The United States Knew That UFOs Were Real?

page: 1

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I just read an article today by Brian Heck PhD in Apple News. He asks a very simple question in the beginning of his article...

"If Flying Saucers Aren't Real, Why Did The Military Frantically Try To Build One?"

He backs up his question by referencing a top secret military project, which was code named "Project 1794." I never before heard of such a project. However, within the National Archives, there are military documents that contain over 200 pages of blueprints and photographs, proving the US was attempting to build flying saucers.

In the 50's, police agencies and the FBI, were overwhelmed with UFO reports from people across the country. Our government, at the time, wanted to know if UFOs were a new type of Russian military aircraft, or possibly, extraterrestrials visiting our planet. Project BlueBook was formed to investigate the UFO phenomenon. All of the witness testimonies and data that was collected, were analyzed by experts in many fields.

The simple fact that they brought in the nation's top statisticians, engineers, rocket scientists, physicists, mathematicians, military experts, astronomers and even a handful of the nations top psychologists (who specialized in 'mass-psychology') - should tell you how serious they were taking the UFO phenomenon, and how desperate they were for answers.

apple.news...

It was apparent, that some of the UFO sightings, that was scrutinized by experts in Project BlueBook, were not Russian military aircraft or simple "earthly" phenomena.

But it didn't take long to conclude that of the sightings that could not be ruled at as "known objects" those that remained were time and again demonstrating technologies, maneuverability and speeds that could not possibly have been made on earth.

apple.news...

There were some military personnel, including pilots, who were adamant in their belief that UFOs were not from earth. This article mentions a statement made by then retired US Navy ADMIRAL Delmer S. Fahrney, who helped form and lead the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP).

"Reliable reports indicate that there are objects coming into our atmosphere at very high speeds... No agency in this country or Russia is able to duplicate at this time the speeds and accelerations which radars and observers indicate these flying objects are able to achieve."

"As long as such unidentified objects continue to navigate through the earth's atmosphere, there is an urgent need to know the facts. Many observers have ceased to report their findings to the Air Force because of the seeming frustration - that is, all information going in, and none coming out. It is in this area that NICAP may find its greatest mission."

apple.news...

Around this time period, millions of tax payer dollars was allocated toward the construction of a flying saucer craft for the USAF.

The newly declassified materials show the U.S. Air Force had a contract with a now-defunct Canadian company to build an aircraft unlike anything seen before. Project 1794 got as far as the initial rounds of product development and into prototype design. In a memo dating from 1956 the results from pre-prototype testing are summarized and reveal exactly what the developers had hoped to create.

The saucer was supposed to reach a top speed of “between Mach 3 and Mach 4, a ceiling of over 100,000 ft. and a maximum range with allowances of about 1,000 nautical miles,” according to the document.

www.wired.com...

The project was referred to by a number of different names. Avro referred to the efforts as Project Y, with individual vehicles known as Spade and Omega. Project Y-2 was later funded by the US Air Force, who referred to it as WS-606A, Project 1794 and Project Silver Bug. When the US Army joined the efforts it took on its final name "Avrocar", and the designation "VZ-9", part of the US Army's VTOL projects in the VZ series.

www.youtube.com...

Dr. Heck goes on to say in his article, that it's highly unlikely the USAF got the millions of dollars used to fund Project 1794, with just a handful of rough sketches. He states that politicians and the Canadian engineering firm (AVRO Aircraft Limited) were probably made aware, that the United States, possessed alien spacecraft that they were attempting to reverse engineer.

So is it also possible that the military took those wimpy sketches, showed them to the policy makers and politicians making the funding decisions and said, "We're going to spend millions and millions of dollars to build these, but don't worry, we have these 10 little sketches that we're certain the engineers can transform into highly advanced, never-before-attempted, flying machines."?? The answer is no.

There's no way in hell the military took a handful of vauge, elementry school quality sketches of UFOs and not only got the funding to build them, but actually provided the engineering firm they hired with enough detail to yield a working prototype. So what am I drilling at? Isn't it obvious? The United States had their hands on something that they used to reverse-engineer these Avro Aircraft made flying saucers. Which means UFOs are real.

apple.news...

Here's the link to the National Archives, showing the reports and drawings for Project 1794:
catalog.archives.gov...

Interesting premise, but I'm not totally buying it. UFOs aren't travelling through space, or through wormholes, in crafts with propulsion jets. I think scientists back in the 50's, would have easily deduced, that recovered alien craft had a highly advanced propulsion system that didn't generate thrust with a conventional jet engine. Perhaps the USAF was just interested in building a saucer shaped, jet propelled prototype, until their scientists could back engineer the recovered UFO's propulsion system. Maybe this developed into present day black op projects, which finally succeeded in utilizing this "alien" technology. Could the silent, black triangles, that have been seen around the world, be using this technology? Unfortunately, even today, the general public is left in the dark, with no definitive proof.

edit on 4/12/2018 by shawmanfromny because: grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

One thing to remember is that at the time not everyone was convinced these UFOs were alien in origin and many believed they were Soviet aircraft flying with impunity over the US. I can see from that point of view why the Air Force might want to develop a comparable capability based on the reports of what these UFOs could do.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"If Flying Saucers Aren't Real, Why Did The Military Frantically Try To Build One?"

What a simple damn question, why didn't I think of that.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I am not dismissing UFOs, but I think of course they tried to build saucer shaped crafts. They have probably tried everything we can think of. triangle crafts , square ships, oval shapes .

Seems pretty plausible they would try flying saucers with or without reports of UFOS..

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

They didn't "frantically try to build one", but it was thought that the shape would be far more efficient than traditional shapes.

As for the funding, he's kidding right? Have you seen some of the crap that they've spent a couple hundred million dollars on that went nowhere? Some have made it to the prototype stage, some never went past the mockup stage.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

One thing to remember is that at the time not everyone was convinced these UFOs were alien in origin and many believed they were Soviet aircraft flying with impunity over the US. I can see from that point of view why the Air Force might want to develop a comparable capability based on the reports of what these UFOs could do.

I think it's interesting that the AATIP folks are again bringing up the possibility that the unexplained objects are an earthly technology of Russia or China, if only to get people to sit up and pay attention for a minute. Not a bad strategy in the current geopolitical environment.

Personally, I struggle with the notion that any known human society had this technology perfected in secret three-quarters of a century ago and the whole world is still in the dark about it. Is there any historical precedent for a government keeping a revolutionary technology like this under wraps for 75 years, denying its very existence while blatantly and repeatedly brandishing it in front of the general public?

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There was nothing frantic about the project. It was the brainchild of Jack Frost a designer at Avro and not the Air Force.

The initial project was "Project Y" in 1952. It was not saucer but spade-shaped. The shape was dictated by the envisioned propulsion system. It didn't go anywhere.

Later Avro managed to sell the idea to the Air Force, probably thanks to the fancy performance claims, it supposedly would have. This time spade was changed to a disc. They've got the funding for a feasibility study, subsonic and some supersonic wind tunnel testing with a small scale model. And that was it.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

originally posted by: BomSquad

I think it's interesting that the AATIP folks are again bringing up the possibility that the unexplained objects are an earthly technology of Russia or China, if only to get people to sit up and pay attention for a minute. Not a bad strategy in the current geopolitical environment.

Personally, I struggle with the notion that any known human society had this technology perfected in secret three-quarters of a century ago and the whole world is still in the dark about it. Is there any historical precedent for a government keeping a revolutionary technology like this under wraps for 75 years, denying its very existence while blatantly and repeatedly brandishing it in front of the general public?

Not saying that UFOs are fake but to answer your question. Yes they have it's called the F-117 and the B-2

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MikeA

According to the Internet, the F-117 was introduced in 1983 and revealed to the public only five years later in 1988, so I don't see how that's quite comparable.

In the case of UFOs, you have a much more advanced technology - one that makes the F-117 look like a old-time tandem bike - zipping around in plain view of the public in the 1940s. It's 2018.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I am not dismissing UFOs, but I think of course they tried to build saucer shaped crafts. They have probably tried everything we can think of. triangle crafts , square ships, oval shapes .

Seems pretty plausible they would try flying saucers with or without reports of UFOS..

Hmm I don't know, the saucer shape isn't very aerodynamic unless its spinning like a frisbee LOL, based on our know propulsion systems it was fraught with instability and difficulty in turns stopping etc. One reason you only see videos of it flying a few feet off the ground, it was damn near impossible to control.

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They were trying to use the Coanda Effect, which would have allowed them to use a single engine, would be capable of VTOL, and high speeds and altitudes. It proved to be harder to pull off than expected. It was one of those "but it worked in the wind tunnel dammit" designs.
edit on 4/12/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Very unstable I was thought to believe..Seen a Frisbee fly?

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I would think using ram jets could be disastrous,
If you know that the ones they captured fly on a total different power source.

Then again, it could have been a distraction for showing the public that the concept never would work thus couldn't exist..

posted on Apr, 13 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
There are too many broad assumptions in the assertions made in the first post of this thread.

I disagree with much of the ideology.

The policy makers being asked to sign off on funding, in this time period, would have signed off on pretty much ANY technological, weapons, military, or aircraft funding.

They just saw two bombs, made with technology very few people understood, end a war.

We were playing with technological magic. Those in office, were shown first hand, how little they knew. So, in lieu of no way to refute ideas like "Flying saucer" tech... They would have gladly said, go ahead and try, maybe it WILL work.

On top of that, objects far above modern flight speeds enter atmosphere all the time, and take irregular trajectories.

Those objects are often rocks from space, which are made to fall very irregularly, as the rock is melted unevenly by friction, shattered by atmospheric pressure, bounce off the Earth's atmosphere, like skipping stones over a lake, and ice intermingled within them sublimates.

The understandings of these trajectories were poor in the time period, as space was largely still a mystery. (It still is, but we at least have a decent grasp of low Earth orbit now.)

I don't want to sift through all of the post info at this time, but given the amount of material I already disagree with, it wouldn't be a fruitful read for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

We are talking about manned flight.

Number one a frisbee is spinning which gives it lift, however current tech you couldn't have pilots on board they couldn't handle the g forces to spin at those speeds, they would be passed out, or barfing and would be extremely disoriented.Along with there isn't a reliable propulsion system that would get the spin and also let it be able to turn or stop and start in air.

posted on Apr, 16 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Except that you don't necessarily have to spin the entire airframe to get the stability. You can spin the outer portion and have the cockpit area not spinning. It wouldn't be as efficient but would work.

posted on Apr, 17 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

the image with the 6-viper ducted fan ramjet design instantly reminds me of the drawings of the ARV from Brad Sorenson alleged visit to Norton air base.

What a damn fine question as well Shaw, good work mate.. sometimes its the simplest and obvious questions and answers, that cloud our minds in the fog of Ufology...

(post by eurekial removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

join