It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting from just outside DC on the eve of WWIII

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Yea, you hit that one right on the head. Whats it like to live in constant fear, so much so that it distorts your perceptions.

Don't see much political damage for Trump, it was a measured response to the use of chemical weapons, weapons that the US tried to sanction through the UN 3 times in the last year only to be vetoed by the Russians. Pretty sure the Donald is going to survive if not thrive because of this action. Most of the Russians and US rhetoric is just bluster and window dressing anyway Russia isn't gonna to war for Syria and the US isn't going to war for the rebels.

Dont know why the official story isn't, seeing the Arab Spring, Syrian rebels rose up against Assad, the US finally see a potentially strong enough enough alliance pumped support and arms to these rebels. But they aren't strong enough and there are too many factions including militant ISIS, ISIS fresh from victories elsewhere in the region quickly usurp the rebellion. Just another example of why you have to be careful of regime change in the middle east. Syria though has been watching the fall of Iraq and Libya and are better prepared and of course have the Russians as allies. Once the Isis raids started to be effective it was only a matter of time before the Russians were forced to help Assad or lose access to the region. Russia without restraints that western armies have, dispose of Isis. Now the previous rebels in hiding or newly formed still harass Assad, but they are weaker and the US has learned a hard lesson in how and when to support "regime change" or I hope they have learned it. Now we have another supposed chemical attack by Assad, The west has to respond but its in a measured proportionate response, Russia can bluster about it but will do nothing either. So we are at a stalemate, with neither country wanting to risk WWIII for Syria.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I stopped paying as much attention to this story after yesterday morning. This will end up being a story where the first things or thoughts will be wrong as far as truth, how, or why. Aka politics. Being an awake individual not caught up in the materialistic capitalistic distractions or the constant msm trying to control my thoughts or scare me, brings me to this conclusion. It’s just odd in conjunction with allot of the other confrontational situations in the world it is one more step getting us closer to a war, an all out one. I truly and feel in my heart and soul world tensions will not go backwards now it will just continue to escalate a day, a month, or months or years from now who knows it feels more like months to me now. I am not going to let this scare or alter my day to day buisness to survive in this existence we call life, but I will continue to observe it with a level and thinking mind. Something we all should do.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
putnam6:

Yea, you hit that one right on the head. What's it like to live in constant fear, so much so that it distorts your perceptions.

I don't live in fear, and my perceptions are not distorted. I couldn't care less for myself if the nukes started to fly tomorrow, but the one essential aspect that must be maintained is the upholding of truth. The missile attacks were illegal. The basis for them was the hue and cry that a chemical attack had occurred in Douma in Syria. The West instantly fell on it and claimed Assad had ordered it. They didn't wait to give the inspectors a chance to visit the site to ascertain the facts, the West acted as accuser, as jury, and as judge and executioner, with most of the MSM cheer-leading the claims. They bombarded areas in Syria without learning the facts from the inspectors. The West acted like a lynch mob and didn't allow due process to take place.

Theresa May is in for a rough ride on Monday and through the week. She acted arbitrarily without giving parliament a chance to vote on whether or not the UK forces should be committed to air strikes. She acted like Tony Blair and sent the RAF into a mission of illegality. You don't hang the accused until you prove them guilty. My perceptions are not distorted.

Again, I maintain that her actions will bring about a shift in the British public's perception, and will condemn the Tory party to an election slaughter.

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Stay safe, im watching the situation as well.. keep up the good work!!

posted on Apr, 15 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
putnam6:

Yea, you hit that one right on the head. What's it like to live in constant fear, so much so that it distorts your perceptions.

I don't live in fear, and my perceptions are not distorted. I couldn't care less for myself if the nukes started to fly tomorrow, but the one essential aspect that must be maintained is the upholding of truth. The missile attacks were illegal. The basis for them was the hue and cry that a chemical attack had occurred in Douma in Syria. The West instantly fell on it and claimed Assad had ordered it. They didn't wait to give the inspectors a chance to visit the site to ascertain the facts, the West acted as accuser, as jury, and as judge and executioner, with most of the MSM cheer-leading the claims. They bombarded areas in Syria without learning the facts from the inspectors. The West acted like a lynch mob and didn't allow due process to take place.

Theresa May is in for a rough ride on Monday and through the week. She acted arbitrarily without giving parliament a chance to vote on whether or not the UK forces should be committed to air strikes. She acted like Tony Blair and sent the RAF into a mission of illegality. You don't hang the accused until you prove them guilty. My perceptions are not distorted.

Again, I maintain that her actions will bring about a shift in the British public's perception, and will condemn the Tory party to an election slaughter.

You might not care if the nukes fly tomorrow but seem really concerned that life continues as normal. Hell this will probably get Trump re elected. No matter how much the left squeal, so yea your perceptions of it starting a war were wrong as were it seems ending Trump politically. As for May I don't know, don't follow the situation, but I always wonder about some one who really wants their government to fail. I mean I'm not a fan of Trump but I don't want him to fail either, especially in something as crucial as this.

Once again the US and others tried to use the UN council to sanction Syria on the use of chemical warfare, 3 times in the past year,each time it was vetoed by Russia. Petty sure at this stage it's the use of chemicals which is also against international law,that irritates the US. That said it looks like this shouldn't delay removal of US involvement to long. US wants out there is nothing to gain in Syria, even if they had a chance earlier it has long passed.

(post by Allaissa removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join