It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why terrorists like to attack big cities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting that terrorists attack cities and not rural areas. Could it be that city folk don't have the means to fight back? Any attack in rural areas might be met with armed resistance before the police show up and that's just not fair. They like their victims to be docile.
Gives a different perspective on gun control.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
More targets in cities .
Not much point hitting areas where theres very few targets .

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

Interesting that terrorists attack cities and not rural areas.

Not really,

cities have much larger populations than rural areas.

Could it be that city folk don't have the means to fight back?

No,

If city folk knew of a terrorist attack it would easier stopped due to the larger numbers of people available to fight.

Any attack in rural areas might be met with armed resistance before the police show up and that's just not fair. They like their victims to be docile.

armed resistance can happen anywhere, city or rural.

Not sure what you trying to say.

huh?

gun control?

what is this thread about?

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Obviously, it is because they want to cause as much of a scene as possible..

Cities are more populated and are “bigger markets” to use a pro sports analogy..

If you blow up a daycare in some one horse town . You scare that towns 10,000 person population..

If you blow up a daycare in LA, NY off Chicago you scare the hell out of millions of people..

But most importantly, kinda like school shooters. The perpetrator is PLANNING ON DYING!!!

It doesn’t matter how “hardened” the target is when the terrorist isn’t planning on escaping anyway.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

The one point I will give him is that it’s easier to blend in , in a city..

Someone new might be noticed in a one horse town, but not in anything resembling a big city..

The rest is nonesense though..

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
Interesting that terrorists attack cities and not rural areas. Could it be that city folk don't have the means to fight back? Any attack in rural areas might be met with armed resistance before the police show up and that's just not fair. They like their victims to be docile.

I actually think in America terrorism would be more effective in suburban / rural areas. Not so much from killing a lot of people, but the psychology of it. You can't even live in bumblestank middle America without having your strip mall blown up. Having several terrorist attacks in plain vanilla suburbs would probably have more effect on the economy, than one big one in NYC or other large cities.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Because terrorists by definition are trying to instill terror. More people in cities means more people to feel terrified after an attack. Simple math.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

How would this have more impact on the economy? Foot traffic is what drives sales in traditional stores and there are more people, and more foot traffic in larger cities.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I feel like the OP doesn't understand some pretty basic things about terrorism and terrorists....

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

How would this have more impact on the economy? Foot traffic is what drives sales in traditional stores and there are more people, and more foot traffic in larger cities.

Attacking suburbs would create a feeling that no where is safe. Middle America would stay home out of fear. People expect big cities will have issues, they don't expect random suburbs to get hit with a terrorist attack.

Imagine the fallout if a suicide bomber hit Mall of America.... or a Nascar event. Or some random midwestern Six Flags.

It would create a panic on a much larger scale.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Middle America would stay home out of fear.

Not any part of middle America where I have lived. Those boys like to hunt.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Blowing up some farmers cow, might not be as terrifying.

Funny maybe, but not scary.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Ummm...that's cause they really...really...dislike progressives...

Being as progressives have incurable herd mentality...that's where you find them...clustered around the peace pipe of happiness...lowing...

Burping and farting usually follow these munchie heavy sessions...all while weak protestations and vague hand waving in the general direction of...the carbon dioxide laden out-gassings of other's...

But I digress...right...?

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Being as progressives have incurable herd mentality...that's where you find them...clustered around the peace pipe of happiness...lowing...

Burping and farting usually follow these munchie heavy sessions...all while weak protestations and vague hand waving in the general direction of...the carbon dioxide laden out-gassings of other's...

YouSir

BWAHAHAHA WTH was that lol Are you having a stroke?!? I can’t stop laughing damnit

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

BWAHAHAHA WTH was that lol Are you having a stroke?!? I can’t stop laughing damnit

Ummm...well...I thought the seriousness of the OP should be met with...further seriousness...

YouSir

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I believe your post is the best one I have read all day sir.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I feel like the OP doesn't understand some pretty basic things about terrorism and terrorists....

This. End note.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It's because us small town folk know when strangers are in town. The only way an attack could be pulled off is with no prior surveillance by the attacker.

Basically if you look out of place, someone around here is gonna be in your business.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yup, higher target density. More media coverage. Overall more payoff for the cost.

It's not rocket surgery.

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I think it's strictly the means to inflict the most collateral damage as possible.

In a populated area, more people mean more targets and more chaos.
Terrorists can rack up a high body count in one fell swoop.
But say if they came and blew up the farm house down the road from me,
Sure farmer John and his pigs and cows will be in distress, but that's about as far as that goes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join