It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun to Explode in Six Years--Not!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
This is simply amazing, expecially in light of current events and the ever proclaimed "the End is Nigh", rumors of the NWO, etc.

"Recently a rumor has been racing around the internet that Dutch astrophysicist Dr. Piers van der Meer has annouced that the sun is going to explode in six years. This rumor started with an article published on the Weekly World News website , which has been withdrawn."

www.unknowncountry.com...

Any comments?

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am ready to believe that there is some secret government agency whose job is to sit around and dream up hoaxes such as this (remember Morris Flecther in the X-files?). These type of hoaxes just seem to crop up all the time and the more outrageously unlikely they are, the more some people seem to take them seriously (such as Planet X). Could it be that it is the job of some government mole to perpetrate such hoaxes in order to draw attention from real threats??

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
I am ready to believe that there is some secret government agency whose job is to sit around and dream up hoaxes such as this (remember Morris Flecther in the X-files?). These type of hoaxes just seem to crop up all the time and the more outrageously unlikely they are, the more some people seem to take them seriously (such as Planet X). Could it be that it is the job of some government mole to perpetrate such hoaxes in order to draw attention from real threats??

Jagd., I really don't know but I did get a good chuckle out of the article. If, indeed, someone or some group has the job of this type disinformation, I want a job doing it myself. wouldn't that be a 'cake' job?! I can see these guys and gals now....."Hey, lets get 'Joe Geophysicist', next month, to claim that the Earth's core is going to explode in 10 years!??!"

Geez, what a job.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The sun already did explode... that's why it is a blazing ball of fire.... those dumba$$es... LOL.

Ace

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
the guy was dutch what did you expect
holland is one of the countries where u find a coffee shop on every street
that prof probably visited one

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
jagdflieger

posted on 2-7-2003 at 07:04 AM
"I am ready to believe that there is some secret government agency whose job is to sit around and dream up hoaxes such as this (remember Morris Flecther in the X-files?). These type of hoaxes just seem to crop up all the time and the more outrageously unlikely they are, the more some people seem to take them seriously (such as Planet X). Could it be that it is the job of some government mole to perpetrate such hoaxes in order to draw attention from real threats??"

Erm sorry to say...But planet X is real buddy.

The ancents new about it....And even Russia has admitted to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ace
the guy was dutch what did you expect
holland is one of the countries where u find a coffee shop on every street
that prof probably visited one

What the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Holland / Netherlands.
It is famous, especially amsterdame, for having "coffeeshops" where you can buy weed legally.

Of course that is currently changing, accdg. to the news.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
no the sun is going to dye out and not give off heat in six million years. by than we should be able to live in a different solar system.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I thought that the sun was going to turn into a red giant in like 3-6 billion years, not 6 million, am I wrong?

I've also heard that our galaxy is going to collide with Andromeda before our sun's active life span comes to an end, which would basically rip the solar system apart. If that's the case the sun may not even be around to "end" naturally.

new topics

top topics

join